Newark passport stamped.

Pratap

Registered Users (C)
Today I got my passport stamped at Newark, exactly 10 years after I arrived in the US. My 485 was approved 08/02/00.
I had posted my approval info last week.
PD 07/97
EB2 India
RD 02/26/99, ND 03/12/99
FP 02/00
RFE received 07/07 (Employment letter, W2, 3 recent pay stubs, form G325A)
RFE Sent 07/17
485 approved 08/02 and received courtesy copy of approval on 08/07/00.

Went to Newark, INS at 8:00 AM with passports, 2 photos, EAD, AP and I94. Was inside in room 334 by 8:15 and handed over my apporval notice. We were asked to wait till our name was called (no tokens). We were called around 9:20 AM, the lady at the counter asked us for our passports, I94, EAD and AP. She took our finger prints right there and stamped our passports and congragulated us. We were out of the building by 9:30 AM. Atlast I am a freebird.

Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks a lot to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this board.

Goodluck Everbody.
Pratap.

No Title

My husband and I too got ours stamped in Newark today. We were there at 7:15. We were let in to the building through the back entrance (Orchard Street entrance) at 7:15 and into Room 135 around 7:30 after checking the documents and giving tokens. We were told we did not have to go to Room 334 as specified in the approval notice. About 7 counters opened sharp at 8:00 and we got our stamps before 8:30.

There is parking right across Broadway where stamping is done. Before leaving the building, make sure the date on your stamp is correct and that they have taken your fingerprint and your signature. You may think this is a silly advice, but trust me, its not.

ND=11/4/98
FP=5/99
RFE=6/17/00
RFE received=6/30/00
approved 7/26/00
approval notice received by attorney and us=8/1/00

Thanks everyone for sharing your information and good luck to all those who are still waiting.

No Title

We were there too.

Everything went well and no questions asked. The lady @ counter 4 was cool. Out of the building by 9:00.

RD 07/01/99
AD 07/28/00

Approval Notice Received: 08/04/00

KachePanche

No Title

Hi ,

Could you let me know some more details such when FP was done, category etc..

Appreciate your help,

Thanks,

No Title

I have noticed that some people go to room 334 and some to 135, even on the same day as mentioned by yes and pratap. Could you tell us whether there is a choice or this depends on the time you go there. This might also depends on the line you stand in, whether it is the main entrance or the back entrance. According to the information I see here room 135 has more officers and does the job faster.

Please reply.

No Title

Which room were you in and what entrance you took? Did they allow you and your wife to get it at the same counter or different ones? Post more details please.

No Title

I cannot understand the rationale for sending different people to differnt rooms. The front entrance (Broadway entrance) is for employees only. We went to the side entrance (don\'t know the street name) where we noticed several people standing. As advised by some previous posts, I showed my receipt to the security guard and asked where we should go. He asked us to go to the back entrance (Orchard Street entrance) and also said, we don\'t need to go to Room 334 as the stamping is done on the first floor itself. On the back entrance door is the permanent writing "Wedneday Appointments Only". I don\'t know what this means. I was surprised to read Pratap went to Room 334 as I thought all the stamping got done (at least on that day) in Room 135. There was quite a crowd in Room 135 when I left the room around 8:30. Hope this helps.

No Title

Thanks for your comments, yes.

This is confusing.

There was another posting earlier by Nick, who said the same thing about room 334. He has described that he even took the elevator to the third floor, and that clarifies that the room number is not a mistake. May be that is the room for Newark transfers from VSC and they do stamping for cases that are approved in VSC as well.

Please post your comments.