Newark NJ stamping Exp

Advitiya

Registered Users (C)
This morning we went to the Broad Street office of BCIS at 8.15.
We were asked to get a token from the left side entrance (I think Franklin St.) and go to 2nd floor.
There at the counter they saw our approval and stapled a token ticket and asked us to go to the room 1022.
(Token said 42 mins waiting time).
We were called at the counter in that room(1022) in exactly 40 mins.
We gave her our courtesy copies of approval and also the new FP notices that we recieved this week.
She also took our Passports, ead, ap, etc.
After 15 mins she called us and asked us to ignore the new FP notice and returned it, then took our index fp.
After another 15 mins she called us and said that she has stamped our passports and
that is the temporary evidence of PR, authorized to work and valid for travel.

Ironically the red stamp which says processed for I551 etc, does not even say US or BCIS anywhere.
Entire process took exactly 2 hours.

Good luck to everyone.

Same here

I too had a pretty unremarkable stamping experience this morning.
Went there a little after 8am, parked on Orchard street and took the entrace on the same street. I was told to go to 10th floor with a token in hand where I waited for my number to be called. Once at the counter, I handed in all documents (no 3rd FP for me...yet(?)), and was told to wait for security check. After about 15 mins, the lady called out my name and stamped my passport. I was making sure that the A# and receipt number as well as the date of entry (approval date) she wrote on my passport were correct and got the heck outta there!

Re: Same here

Do they have free/authorized parking there?
Last time for FP, I didn't find a good parking place and ended up in getting ticket and paying $135 fine.

I do not think they have any authorized parking lots near their building.
We used the parking across on the Green Street for $8/h.

mdh

I don't know about free parking. It was raining badly and since I was not familiar with the area I just parked in the paid-parking lot adjacent to the Fed building. The lot is on Orchard St which is parallel Broad St. To get to Orchard, you can take a left on E. Kinnsey St and turn left again on Orchard. There is a huge billboard screaming "IMMIGRATION PARKING" at the corner of E. Kinney and Orchard. And, I think it is cheaper than what Advitiya has mentioned as I paid $7.50 for the entire time (an hour and half). Good luck!

a quick question

Does anyone remember filling up the I-89 form in which your index finger print was recorded? I was asked not to fill the form after the lady recorded my signature and index finger print on it. When I went to the counter to present my documents along with this form, the officer behind the counter made a note that it was for a "NEW" GC and entered details such as my A# and her name and id number. However, she failed to enter other details such as name, POE etc. She just put my photoraphs in an envelope and stapled it to the form. Is this what others also noticed?