Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Welcome back. I am sure everything will be fine. Newark is one of the best because fo the same day OATH.

Hopefully I will get a chance to have that same day oath. I think it will be a miracle in my opinion given that my case is asylum based. I only know of one instance from these boards when former asylees were approved for citizenship the same day.

Name Change

Brokenarrow,
We did not fill out the name change section in the N400 form but are now planning to change wife's last name . Our interview is @ Newark on 08/17.
Will she still be able to take oath on the same day ?
Will the original marriage certificate from native country be enough ?
Thanks

Brokenarrow,
We did not fill out the name change section in the N400 form but are now planning to change wife's last name . Our interview is @ Newark on 08/17.
Will she still be able to take oath on the same day ?
Will the original marriage certificate from native country be enough ?
Thanks

Yes, you can opt for an name change even though you did not indicate it while filing N400. Make sure that your wife mentions it, if the IO does not ask if she wants to change her name. Usually they ask in the interview. If no other issues, then she will have the OATH same day even with the name change. We did.

She does not need any certificate to change name. One is free to change the name to whatever they want and no reason need be assigned with the exception that one is changing name for illegal purpose.

Good luck with your inetrview.

Yes, you can opt for an name change even though you did not indicate it while filing N400. Make sure that your wife mentions it, if the IO does not ask if she wants to change her name. Usually they ask in the interview. If no other issues, then she will have the OATH same day even with the name change. We did.

She does not need any certificate to change name. One is free to change the name to whatever they want and no reason need be assigned with the exception that one is changing name for illegal purpose.

Good luck with your inetrview.

Thanks Brokenarrow, Can I take my parents along so that they can watch the oath ceremony (if everything goes fine). thanks

Received Auto Notification today

I received the online email notification today. I am not sure if this means I am going to get an IL soon but here is the notification that I received.

=================================
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*#########

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at wwwuscisgov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Received Yellow Letter Today (08/03)
06/03/2009: ND
06/05/2009: RD
07/07/2009: FP Completed at Elizabeth ASC
08/03/2009: Yellow Letter Received.

I called today USCIS and 2nd level IO (she was nice) told me that I am in Que for the interview. I hope this is sort of good news.

I received the online email notification today. I am not sure if this means I am going to get an IL soon but here is the notification that I received.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*#########

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at wwwuscisgov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Got the exact same notification last night. I called USCIS and was given my interview date over the phone. This could mean that you have already been scheduled for your interview. I would be interested to know if you have an interview date that is close to mine or not.

Got our IL yesterday and some questions :)

Timeline -
Application Sent - 6/29/09
Fingerprinting - 7/16/09 self
- 7/28/09 spouse
IL letter recd - 8/14/09
IL Scheduled - 9/16/09 - at Mount Laurel, NJ

Question - at Mount Laurel NJ is the Oath Ceremony done on the same day?

Also, the notice says - "Initial Interview"? is this something different from regular interviews?

Thanks!

Oath ceremony at Newark, NJ

Do you know how many times oath ceremonies are held in a day at Newark, NJ and what are the timings.

Thnx

Got the exact same notification last night. I called USCIS and was given my interview date over the phone. This could mean that you have already been scheduled for your interview. I would be interested to know if you have an interview date that is close to mine or not.

vdostoi1, your guess was right....I too received the IL on 08/15. The interview is scheduled for 10/07 though and not 10/05.

IL letter recd - 8/15/09
IL Scheduled - 10/07/09 - at newark

Documentation required

I was asked to bring the following for Interview

1) IL
2) GC
3) Any Evidence of selective service Registration
4) Passport
===============
5) License (As per yellow letter)

Everything else is fine but what is 3 (Selective service registration)? what do we take as a proof? i never registered for any selective service.

Thanks for your help

vdostoi1, your guess was right....I too received the IL on 08/15. The interview is scheduled for 10/07 though and not 10/05.

IL letter recd - 8/15/09
IL Scheduled - 10/07/09 - at newark

Nice. Congratulations. I still have not received my interview letter. Possibly today.

Got FP Notice but Not RFE notice

As mentioned earlier, self and spouse had rfe's raised on 08/11/09 (notified via email) but no sign of it yet in the mail but we got out fp appointment mails dated 08/13/09 yesterday. I think the system message is wrongly worded (as noted elsewhere in the forum). Can any one verify if this message changes a few days after the FP is done. Our FP is scheduled for the 26th. I'll post my experience and if the message changes after a couple of days of the FP.

As mentioned earlier, self and spouse had rfe's raised on 08/11/09 (notified via email) but no sign of it yet in the mail but we got out fp appointment mails dated 08/13/09 yesterday. I think the system message is wrongly worded (as noted elsewhere in the forum). Can any one verify if this message changes a few days after the FP is done. Our FP is scheduled for the 26th. I'll post my experience and if the message changes after a couple of days of the FP.

The RFE e-mails have been confirmed by USCIS to have been sent in error.

04/24/2009: ND
04/27/2009: RD
05/24/2009:FP reschedule requested.
06/06/2009: FP date ( missed due to vacation)
08/04/2009: Yellow Letter Received.
08/07/2009: Walk in FP completed at Elizebeth,NJ
08/14/2009: received FP for 9/1/09 for my wife.

Since I received a new FP notice what should I do now?

04/24/2009: ND
04/27/2009: RD
05/24/2009:FP reschedule requested.
06/06/2009: FP date ( missed due to vacation)
08/04/2009: Yellow Letter Received.
08/07/2009: Walk in FP completed at Elizebeth,NJ
08/14/2009: received FP for 9/1/09 for my wife.

Since I received a new FP notice what should I do now?

Absolutely Nothing!