Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

My state:
June/2007 : Applications sent by certified post
July/2007: Resent with new Application fees
August/2007 : FP notice received. /FP appointment. Done.
January/2008 : "expecting" Interview

90 days

I called the uscis to ask about my receipt. My check was cashed in the first week of august and I didn't receive anything. She told me on the phone it can take up to 90 days.

Is this normal ???

I have used one envelope to submit N400 applications for me and my wife. (see case details/dates in my signature). Interestingly enough, we got two different Priority Dates (mine is a day earlier than hers) and the ESC number is about 34 numbers later than mine. One would expect that if you are senidng in the same envelope, you would be processed together.

Now, I have received my FP notice a week ago and we have not received any notice for her. Is this normal? Should I conact USCIS (not sure even if I can contact them with such a situation!!!). Any leads will be appreciated.

Can the USPS delivery be an issue in this situation? Is there another source where I can check if a FP Appointment has been scheduled for her? I dont want to 'miss the slot of FP appointment' if in fact the mail is lost by US Potsal Service (which seldom happens)...

I have used one envelope to submit N400 applications [...] Interestingly enough, we got two different Priority Dates (mine is a day earlier than hers) and the ESC number is about 34 numbers later than mine.
You would be right if there was only one single person at the VSC mailroom opening applications, checking whether payment is included and entering the ESC number once this is done. Hopefully there is more than one single person in the VSC mailroom (otherwise the application backlog would require a very long time to be absorbed). There probably is more than one person in the VSC mailroom and after your application was being entered other employees in the mailroom were opening applications. :)

Finger printing done on 9/22. had a mild fiasco, i thought it was on 9/21 ... went to newark office they sent us ack and i went today again, it was uneventful and got over in less than an hour.

thank you

VSC - Newark Timeline

Guys here is my N-400 timeline.

application sent - 06/23/07
NOA received - 07/19/07
FP notice recd - 07/21/07
FP taken -08/03/07
Notice of Intrvw - ??????

Should I be worried coz the person who took my FP told me that I will recieve a letter of Interview in a MONTH... its almost 2 months now since i had my FP.

Guys here is my N-400 timeline.

application sent - 06/23/07
NOA received - 07/19/07
FP notice recd - 07/21/07
FP taken -08/03/07
Notice of Intrvw - ??????

Should I be worried coz the person who took my FP told me that I will recieve a letter of Interview in a MONTH... its almost 2 months now since i had my FP.

I'm not sure who told you that but it is misleading. It should take anywhere from 3-5 months from FP date to receive your IL. I applied in May 07 and still have not received the IL. Welcome to the waiting game!

Hi nyarcher,

Nice to know finally something happened.

did you get the receipt and fp together?

i mailed mine to on july 25, delivered on july 26. waiting for receipt and fp.

thanks for the update.

Mine was delivered on July 26 as well.

I only received fingerprint notice on saturday.

Yours should be on its way.

ID date of 12/03 for wife..mine still pending

Guys,

Update
Newark service center
wife-PD-04/12
FP-DATe - 05/18
IL received - 09/29
ID - 12/03/07

Me-PD-04/12
FP-05/18
IL received - Not yet
ID-Not yet

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Received FP notice yesterday

Mailed on July 25th to VSC
Delivered on July 26th at VSC
Receipt notice - waiting
Received FP notice on Oct 1 for Oct 9th.

Finally something happened.

Thanks

Online status says: "Case Status Retrieval Failed"

Hi all, I noticed that my case status online says the following today:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

That's definitely got me a bit hopeful since I've read that disappearance of online status = good news pending.

But it could be a system error or something. Worse, my application may have actually disappeared! Who knows??? ;) Will let you know if I receive my IL soon.

My timeline is below.

Regards.

04/17/07 : Application sent by UPS
04/18/07 : Received Date, Priority Date
05/02/07 : NOA - Application received (dated 04/26/07)
05/10/07 : NOA - Fingerprints received, (dated 05/04/07)
05/23/07 : Fingerprinting done at Newark

IL Received!!!

Maddie,

Congratulations! Your interview letter is on the way. You will get it on Thursday.

Regards

waitingforins2 - you must be some sort of a fortune teller! I received my IL today, just as you predicted! (Who are your picks for the MLB playoffs??? ;) )

Interview is set for 12/12. Considering I have to travel out of the country on 12/22, this is pretty good timing as long as I can get an appointment with a regional passport office, or use one of the private companies. Will create a post on that elsewhere.

Thanks everyone for all the info you share, and advice you give. It helps get through this tiring waiting process. I will update you soon, and will probably have some questions as to what to take to the interview.

Timeline is below.

Regards.

04/17/07 : Application sent by UPS
04/18/07 : Received Date, Priority Date
05/02/07 : Receipt notice
05/10/07 : Fingerprints notice
05/23/07 : Fingerprinting done at Newark
10/02/07 : Case status disappears online
10/04/07 : IL received (dated 09/29/07)
12/12/07 : Interview/Oath scheduled at Newark at 8:00 AM

congrats maddie

Hi maddie,

I am a psychic...Just kidding.

actually our PD is 04/12/07 and my wife got her IL for 12/03 and I did not get it yet. her status disappeared on 27th and she received her IL on 29th sept. Thats the big secret of my psychic powers:))

I suppose I am stuck in name check so I can now only wait and hope.

all the best and keep us posted.

Interview

Guys,

I finally got my IL. Not sure when was it delivered as I was out of country.

Here are the details of my case:

4/11/2007 Sent N-400 applications via regualar mail to VSC.
4/18/2007 Checks posted
4/13/2007 Priority Date
5/3/2007 - NOA for fingerprints
5/18/2007 - Appt. for FP at Newark 1:30 pm
12/05/2007 - Scheduled interview/oath at 8:00 am

What do you all think? Is IL coming soon? I just got my 2nd FP notice!

Thanks,

PD: 4/21/06 VSC
1st FP: 6/07/06
2nd FP:10/21/07
IL :????????

Congratulations Maz88. I believe your long wait is over. Now, it's a matter of weeks. My finger print was done on 8/10/06. I will be very happy get my second notice in two months.