Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Mailed to VSC.
Mailed Date: 07/26/2007
Delivered on: 07/27/2007
Check cashed: 08/7/2007

I have said No to Armed Forces Services based on my religion. Did anyone else say No to Armed Forces?

Mailed to VSC.
Mailed Date: 07/21/2007
Delivered on: 07/23/2007
Check cashed: 08/7/2007

I tried to check status of my application based on Recpt # on my cashed Check, but there is one letter missing & it does not accept my recpt # online, Anyone else had this issue? Same thing for my spouse. Any one having same issue please post here.

As many of you may know, you can trace your status on the link below:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=bcaLZ0SBQ8TLVanBa0isr

I had a similar issue, samsung2. I was able to use the ESC*00xxxxxx # and it worked. It should be a total of 13 digits and usually there is a * after the first three letters. The rest are all numbers.

Give it a shot. Also, my notice arrived about 5 weeks after they cashed my check. See below.

VSC July filers - Any Progress??

Hi!

Looking at the posts of samsung, BombayChap, and going2paris - I'm worried that I still don't even have a receipt from VSC (they received my N400 on July 25th and cashed the money-order on 3rd Aug).

To make matters more complicated - when I type in the ESC number on the back of the money-order it says that a notice has been sent out - but when I called the USCIS customer service I found that they have no record of me ever having submitted an N400 application (based on my A number). I mentioned the ESC number on the back of the money-order they cashed and the woman told me to disregard that - as it could be someone elses (?!!) - what sense does that make?
Why would they write someone else's ESC number on the back of *my* money order?

Other July Filers - please let me know if you have or have not received a receipt yet (and when you filed).

Thanks!

S.

Hi,

My application was delivered on July 26. The check was cashed on August 8. I am still waiting for notification.

I look here and people say they got it after 5 weeks their check was cashed.

It should be on the way. I think you should wait.

I believe the reason it is taking that much there were a lot of applications at the end of the July because of fee increase. I heard many people who are here for many years but didn't get the citizenship because of their age, english skills etc. sent the applications due to fee increase.

Hi!

Looking at the posts of samsung, BombayChap, and going2paris - I'm worried that I still don't even have a receipt from VSC (they received my N400 on July 25th and cashed the money-order on 3rd Aug).

To make matters more complicated - when I type in the ESC number on the back of the money-order it says that a notice has been sent out - but when I called the USCIS customer service I found that they have no record of me ever having submitted an N400 application (based on my A number). I mentioned the ESC number on the back of the money-order they cashed and the woman told me to disregard that - as it could be someone elses (?!!) - what sense does that make?
Why would they write someone else's ESC number on the back of *my* money order?

Other July Filers - please let me know if you have or have not received a receipt yet (and when you filed).

Thanks!

S.

No receipt yet

Thanks for your reply nyarcher. I've seen the 5 wk rule of thumb too. For me it's been almost 6 wks since the money order was cashed. The woman I spoke to on the phone said to call back only if I hadn't received anything 45 days after the cheque was cashed.

I'll wait to see if the USCIS website receipting time for Vermont advances beyond 25th July and then call back if I still haven't received anything.

Cheers,

S.

Hi,

My application was delivered on July 26. The check was cashed on August 8. I am still waiting for notification.

I look here and people say they got it after 5 weeks their check was cashed.

It should be on the way. I think you should wait.

I believe the reason it is taking that much there were a lot of applications at the end of the July because of fee increase. I heard many people who are here for many years but didn't get the citizenship because of their age, english skills etc. sent the applications due to fee increase.

No problem. Today is my 5th week..Let me go home and check it..:)

We were just not lucky because of timing.

I hope everything will be smooth for everybody.

Thanks for your reply nyarcher. I've seen the 5 wk rule of thumb too. For me it's been almost 6 wks since the money order was cashed. The woman I spoke to on the phone said to call back only if I hadn't received anything 45 days after the cheque was cashed.

I'll wait to see if the USCIS website receipting time for Vermont advances beyond 25th July and then call back if I still haven't received anything.

Cheers,

S.

Interview Letter received

03/08/2007 : Applications sent by certified post
03/12/2007 : Receipt date
04/03/2007 : FP appointment. Done.
09/12/2007 : IL received
10/16/2007 : Interview scheduled

Still waiting for IL... this is taking longer than I thought...

4/03/2007 : Applications sent by certified post
4/13/2007: Cheques posted (cashed)
4/11/2007: NOA received, PD: 4/06/2007
4/22/2007 : FP notice received.
5/17/2007 : FP appointment. Done.
? : IL received
? : Interview scheduled

IL... Has the online status changed

Congrats N400-NJ and Tjrocks on the IL :)

Has there been any change to the online status? Just wndering if they update it online when they send the IL..

Postponing the Interview

Hi All,

We received IL letter Y'day. It is scheduled for Oct 31. My spouse has made plan for international travel. My Spouse is thinking of postponing the interview. Have anybody postponed their interview and oath ceremony? If so, how long it took to get the new date for IL? Any suggestions from the forum members will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

april filers..looks like it is moving expect it in mid/end nov

Hi,

Based on the people who posted they received IL. here is the prediction(extrapolated from the dates).
8 March (PD) - Interview Date 16 Oct
22March(PD) - 31 Oct

e.g 12 april(PD) - Interview Date 19 or 20 Nov 2007
we should get interview letters in late september upto 2nd week of october.

Good luck to all!!

FP done at Newark SC earlier today. In and out in 10 mins. No big deal and seemed like they were managing the process quite well. Now the waiting game begins...

Hi,

We recvd our IL today.

PD: 04/02/07 (BOTH)
FP DONE: 05/01/07(WIFE) 05/22/07(SELF)
IL: 11/19/07(WIFE) 11/15/07(SELF)

got my IL. Interview is sched for 11/27/07. online status did not change... good luck to every body...

4/03/2007 : Applications sent by certified post
4/13/2007: Cheques posted (cashed)
4/11/2007: NOA received, PD: 4/06/2007
4/22/2007 : FP notice received.
5/17/2007 : FP appointment. Done.
9/13/2007 : IL received
11/27/2007 : Interview scheduled

What is the difference between VSC timeline and Newark, NJ timeline? I applied at the VSC center in May and am told it is being processed there, however, I live in NJ, therefore I have to have the interview in Newark, NJ. Which one of the timelines do I follow? Anyone who applied in May received the IL notice yet?

Thanks.

Il

Got my IL a couple of days ago for October 29th. My PD is March 22nd, and I took the fingerprints in May. Judging from other recent postings on this thread, I guess the late March/early April batch came in. VSC appears to be right on target with about 7 months for N400 processing.

Case Details:
Female w/ arrest & fingerprint record for unpaid traffic ticket. Court-certified disposition & police report sent with the application. No lawyer used.

Time line:
3/26/2007 : Application sent by overnight mail w/ fee money order to VSC
3/27/2007 : Priority Date
4/??/2007: NOA received
4/??/2007 : FP notice received
5/16/2007 : FP appointment done
9/12/2007 : IL received (letter dated 9/05/2007, USPS VT stamp 9/10/2007)
11/05/2007 : Interview scheduled

Online case status (LUD: 04/12/2007) still visible as pending! and no email received from USCIS automatic case status updates!!

Good luck to all others waiting for their IL.

Last edited by a moderator: