Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Interview Passed!

Hello everyone, my husband's interview was scheduled for today at 1:00 pm, he arrived at 12:45 and was called around 3:14, the interview lasted only around 10 minutes, the officer asked for our marriage certificate and kept a copy, IRS installment agreement (we owe taxes) and IRS monthly statements...additionally, my husband also took a printout of our payment history (since we pay those taxes online), the officer also made copies of those documents. He was asked ten questions and to write a simple sentence, then he was congratulated and requested to surrender his green card. He was called for the Oath Ceremony around 5:00pm
I'm sorry if is not enough information, but my husband doesn't pay much attention to details and is forgetful on a regular basis :p .

Waiting is killing me!!

Mailed to VSC.
Delivered on: 07/26/2007
Check cashed: 08/08/2007

I can't read my case number behind my check though:(

Good luck to everybody who is waiting!!!

Just an update for all,

I have my interview on Wednesday 29th Aug,

for anyone wondering about the status on the USCIS website, Mine hasnt changed since they first received it, It STILL says your case is in our VSC and pending,
Weird I thought?

But whatver, fingers crossed I pass on wednesday and ill be done and on my way to getting a new blue passport.

March

Any other March PDs with an interview letter? If so, what was the PD and when did you receive the letter?

Thanks

PD March 23
FP May
In the queue for an IL, apparently...:)

Front of the check

I can't read my case number behind my check though
I did not need to look at the check because I received the I-797 2 weeks after mailing (back in Amrch/April). From other postings I have read that the number to be used for online status is not in the back but in the front of the check. I also hope you soon receive the Notice of Action!
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

Any new IL's

I had an infopass.. but no new news.. Just said to wait...Luckily no name check .. ( Background and FP all cleared)..

I have my vacation scheduled for begining of October.. Thinking should I postpone it? But havent heard any new ILs ..

Please update if anyone has any new news

Details

Application sent - April 26, 2007
FP done - May 30th, 2007

Thanks. I see 12 digit in front of the check..Starts with CSC? I thought they start with ESC for vermont?

It has been a month and I did not receive anything after I sent my application.

I did not need to look at the check because I received the I-797 2 weeks after mailing (back in Amrch/April). From other postings I have read that the number to be used for online status is not in the back but in the front of the check. I also hope you soon receive the Notice of Action!
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

Newark CIS office phone number

My friend wants to contact the CIS office in Newark to enquire about his N-400 application. Does anyone have their phone number? Thanks.

nyarcher

Thanks. I see 12 digit in front of the check..Starts with CSC? I thought they start with ESC for vermont?

It has been a month and I did not receive anything after I sent my application.
Sorry I do not know whether the Vermont Service Center cases begin with "CSC" or something else. My Service Center is Nebraska and the first letters are "LIN".
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

Any updates on IL

The Newark thread has been silent for some time..

Has anyone got any new IL's recently?

Well heres a little update for you

Wednesday August 29th

My appt was 9:00 am,
Got there dead on 9 due to typical Newark traffic,

Handed in my appt letter and got called in at 9:30, I also BS'ed with the officer doing my interview for 45 mins lol, everyone else my wife told me was in and out in 10 mins or less, I was in there 45! Came out at 10:15,
Asked to come back at 11:15 to sign my certificate, Got called at 12:30 to sign it,
Then told to come back at 1:15 for oath,

1:30 passes and we all get called in to a big room (about 250 of us) for 30 mins,
then 15 mins of oath and hand shakes and congratulations, Big smiles for geeky family members taking pictures and videos,
Got my cert in my hand and out the door by 2:30,

Home by 3:30,
Then straight up the post office for my passport app,
Lets see how quick expedited passports are taking!
But in all it was a very easy day,

If anyone has an interview in Newark anytime soon, and your immigration officer is "Karl" as mine was, Your in good hands!
If you remember to tell him "Jamie" the guy from England says thanks!

Forwarding address for mails (IL)

Hi ,

I have been asked to go for a business trip for 3-4 weeks.
I have applied for my N 400 in April end and still waiting for my IL.

Is it fine to forward my mails to a mailing address in the same District for these 4 weeks. Will the IL be forwarded to the new address or will it be returned back?

anyone has any suggestions.. Please advice..

Thanks and kind regards

Done!

Here is the timeline for both myself and my husband.

App sent - 2/1/2007
FP - 5/10/2007
Interview & Oath - 8/28/2007

It only took us three months to get our finger print notice. But all in all, it was a smooth process. Here are a little details about the interview -

Got there around 9:10am. My husband's appointment is at 10:00am. Mine is 1:00pm. I wanted to to go to the Jersey Garden Mall afterwards so I went with him hoping that they could get me in in the morning. Dropped the notice at Window 1 and was questioned why I came so early. I told him that I wanted to get in the same oath as my husband and he said he'll check with officer. He came back and said that the officer was opportimistic that she'd be able to complete everyone she has scheduled and squeeze me in.

By 12:00pm, neither of us got called. We thought for sure that we would not be able to make the morning oath. But my name was called and I walked in. The officer is very nice and told me that she did my interview early because she wanted to help us and get me in the same oath as my husband. I told her that my husband was still waiting outside. She smiled and said "Oh". Anyway, the process itself was smooth. The questions were very simple. I breezed through and was asked to write down "I have two beautiful children." She asked me if I want to change my name - it's free and would not affect my oath. I said no. She asked me to fill out the survey and completed all the paperwork and congratulated me. I asked her if she could help checking on my husband's case. She said she would but she could not take his case because it was not scheduled to her.

I walked out of the room. My husband was still waiting. We thought it was so ironic since they squeezed me in to catch up with him. Just then, his name was called and it took no longer than 5 minutes. He was asked the senator names for NJ. Other than that, it's all easy. He wrote "I live in New Jersey."

The questions they ask is predetermined and written out on a piece of paper. They'll read to you. The officers are very nice and it's a pleasant experience. I would suggest bring some food and be extra patient though. You never know when you'll get called and if you are not there, they do wait for you.

The oath was a little long winded since by then, everyone was so hungry and exhausted. There were about 100 people in for oath. We walked out of the building around 2:15pm and the Post Office is right across the street. We just made it in time to apply for passports. Of course, we did make the trip to Jersey Gardens as planned. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for IL... this is taking longer than I thought...

4/03/2007 : Applications sent by certified post
4/13/2007: Cheques posted (cashed)
4/11/2007: NOA received, PD: 4/06/2007
4/22/2007 : FP notice received.
5/17/2007 : FP appointment. Done.
? : IL received
? : Interview scheduled

No IL yet

Same here... Havent heard any news on IL

Application sent - April 26th
FP notice - May 13th
FP done - May 30th
IL - ??

Notice of Action received

I received it today, Sept 7th. I think it will be on the way for many who applied in the last few days of July

Last edited by a moderator: