Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Interview 3 Days before 5-Year Anniversary

My N-400 timeline is similar to that of Yishin's wife. I should not complain about NWK's efficiency. But my interview will be 3 days before 5 years, which means I have to go there again for the oath ceremony. To make it worse, my baby is due at the end of November. Anybody had similar experiences before? Is it possible to ask the IO kindly give me a specific oath ceremony date? Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

imatree said:
But my interview will be 3 days before 5 years, which means I have to go there again for the oath ceremony.

Maybe there's something I don't know. Why does that mean you have to make a 2nd trip for oath?

Thanks.

Imatree, Skijef,
I am also curious about this. Since Imatree's interview will be 3 days before qualifying for naturalization (5 years as a permanent resident). Please keep us posted of your experience. Also, I would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has had a similar experience.

Thanks

bhaumik,

Did your case status disappear from the USCIS website? If Yes when was the status last updated? My time line is pretty much the same as yours, PD- 7/17/06 and FP - 8/05/06. My case status was last updated on 7/27/06, and there has been no change in the status since! Reading posts from others in this forum I understand usually the case status disappears a few days before prople receive their Interview notice.

Thnx,
Bhags

bhags said:
bhaumik,

Did your case status disappear from the USCIS website? If Yes when was the status last updated? My time line is pretty much the same as yours, PD- 7/17/06 and FP - 8/05/06. My case status was last updated on 7/27/06, and there has been no change in the status since! Reading posts from others in this forum I understand usually the case status disappears a few days before prople receive their Interview notice.

Thnx,
Bhags

That is truely the case. My wife's case disappeared after I received the interview notice.

Interview experiance at Newark

I had my interview today and will share my experience.

I arrived at Newark at 7:50 a.m. placed my appointment letter in window 1 (the appointment was for 8:00 a.m.) I waited until 10:00 a.m. to be interviewed by the IO. He started going through my application, asked for my passport, green card and my selective services proof.

He did ask about any citations(I had a small accident last year). No questions about traffic tickets.

He asked me six questions and in the he told me that I passed. He gave me a letter that the letter for the oath will be sent at home. When I told him that the oath at Newark is given on the same day he told me that the systems are down and that is why oath date will be scheduled at a letter date and a letter will be sent home with the date. The whole interview took about 10 minutes.
Same thing was told to my wife also.

Applied for citizen ship on June 3rd, FP was on 27 or 26 July and Interview on 19th Sept
Was anyone else told recently that the date of the oath will be informed by letter due to the system problem?

How to Check Name Checking Status in FBI

:confused: I saw a couple of posts stating about the FBI sent back their name checking info to the immigration office after finger print had been done.

Anyone knows how to check the case status in FBI?

My wife and I sent the application form and did the finger print all on the same day, but my wife have received the interview date, but I didn't. I don't know why my name checking is taking longer than my wife's one....

Would like to check the status in FBI.....

I have a 2 PM appointment on Friday for Oath ceremony. Assuming they are going to make me wait till 5 PM for the oath. Thought there is an oath ceremony around 2 PM but it will take sometime to get the naturalization certificate in order right?

Has anyone on this board submitted there application within 90 days of meeting the 5 or 3 year date of meeting the requirement and had their interview before the 5/3 year date? Were you allowed to take the oath ceremony eventhought you were a few days shy of the 5/3 year mark?

My understanding of the regulation is that I cannot become a USC until I fulfill the 5 yr rule. Therefore, even if they do let me swear in the same day, I will remind them of the fact and refuse to do so. It is simply a beautiful mistake.

Alf said:
Has anyone on this board submitted there application within 90 days of meeting the 5 or 3 year date of meeting the requirement and had their interview before the 5/3 year date? Were you allowed to take the oath ceremony eventhought you were a few days shy of the 5/3 year mark?

Had my oath today. Appointment was for 2 PM. Showed up at 1:30 and gave the form at window 1. Done with oath at 3 PM.

Thrilled to be a U.S Citizen. :D

Even more thrilled that I no longer have deal with these ultra-efficient geniuses at Newark INS office. :rolleyes:

HI HARI

I had my interview on the 21st
interview was done very fast and YES THEY SAID SYSTEMS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS
which is not good. But once you get oath letter with date do post or better let me know by sending me an email to jvishalj at gmail
if i get my oath letter i will let u know so that u can check with them if u don;t have them
it sucks as the systems worked on 22nd

cheetah00 /Vishal,
Sure I will post it as soon as I receive oath letter. Please do the same when you get your letter.
Thanks

N400 Sent date: 08/09/2006
PD:08/11/2006
Receipt Notice received on: 08/24/2006
FP notice received on: 08/25/2006
FP:08/30/2006
Case status disappeared on: 09/26/2006
Interview Date: ???

Got the letter!

Received Interview Letter on: 09/28/2006
Interview Date: 11/28/2006

That will be just a couple of weeks after I complete 5 years on Green card.

Got the letter

lca said:
Received Interview Letter on: 09/28/2006
Interview Date: 11/28/2006

That will be just a couple of weeks after I complete 5 years on Green card.

Congratulations Ica> :)
My timelines:
Sent date :7/21/06
Priority date:7/24/06
Receipt & FP notice received:8/05/06
FPdone:8/10/06
Interview date: ???

I can't check the case status online but I checked with FBI (at 304-625-2000) that my FP report has been sent to CIS on 8/10/06. Could anyone please tell me if there is anything more to it, if name check is a separate process in addition to the FP report. Thanks a lot.

Warsingh,
The only other thing is that you can open "USCIS case status online" & register with your Priority number.
You see a message like "your application has been received bla..bla bah"

Login and check status everyday.
One day you will see a message like "Case Not Found".

Past history with most candidates shows that this message means interview letter is on it way within the next 7 days.