Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

waiting impatiently for your interview experience

ziggy
we are waiting anxiously for your experience at newark. Please post a detailed account. Thanks

My journey is over.............................

Here is my detailed account of my journey.
I got to the federal building and parked in the back $12 for all day. I arrived in the building at 1:10 PM my appointment was for 2:06 PM. I asked the guard if I should wait he said go right up when I got to room 1512 the guard said go right in to window #1. I placed my appointment letter in the box and then waited and waited and waited. It was around 4:00 PM when my name was called I went into door #2. The woman asked me to have a seat she then came back about 5 minutes later she first asked me what my name was??? When I told her my name she said no it’s not? She then told me that my name on my birth certificate was spelled different we then talk about it for the next 20 minutes I explained to her that that is the way it is spelled in my language but if you spell it in English it comes out different. She than had to go see here supervisor after a long discussion they all agreed that is was ok. She then swore me in right away she asked me what is the constitution she then logged into here computer and proceeded to ask the test questions. They were….

1. What is the white house?
2 What colors are the stripes on the flag?
3. Who make laws?
4. What is the introduction to the constitution called?
5. I can’t remember the question
6. I can’t remember the question

She then asked me to write “I enjoy hearing the music”
That was it for the test it was very easy she then had me sign my pictures and some other documents. She then told me to take a seat and to fill out the oath ceremony letter there is a small questionnaire on the back. About 15 minutes later I was called to the window and asked to sign my certificate. After that all there was left was for the ceremony there were 65 new Americans added to the country last night at about 5:35 yes it was a long day they wanted to wait to get everyone done on the same day. The ceremony was nice video from President Bush then a music video of Proud to be an American (at this point I heard some people crying).
That’s about it now I just have to get my passport I already made copies of my certificate.
I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the input and advice It help me alot I hope this also helps those of you still waiting to go.
I wish everyone good luck
:) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations ziggy176!!!!

ziggy176 said:
she first asked me what my name was??? When I told her my name she said no it’s not? She then told me that my name on my birth certificate was spelled different

Now a questions:

1. How did she get your birth certificate? Did you send it to them with N-400 or they usually get it from your file? I don't remember submitting a birth certificate with N-400 but I did during the green card process.

I did not submit my birth certificate. I assume it was in my file from when i came into the states. They do keep everything from your file i came to the US 33 years ago so that was a very long time to keep a file!

List of Documents ?

HI Ziggy

Congrats. What are the document you took to the interview? Did she go over the N-400 application with you for any corrections etc?

Thanks

Hi NJ
I took with me everything that i sent in with my application. I sent in more than they asked for i went over the form and sent in everything on the documents list. They did not ask to see anyting that i brought with me. They did go over everything on my application and i do mean everything! It was very easy i was just very nervous.

Ziggy Last Q: Dress Code and Photocopies

Dear Ziggy

Please let me know the following 2 things:

1) Did you wear a suit and tie etc, what was the general dress code for the interview and oath?

2) Did you make photocopies of Drivers license, Green Card, Passport etc as it is written in the addendum to notice?

Thanks

HI NJ

Yes I did wear a suit but I only saw a few people with suits. Most of them wore slacks and nice dress shirts and some even had on sport coats. I wore a suit because I got very nervous about how I would look I wanted to make a good impression

I did not have copies of any documents I brought all my originals just in case they ask for them if they need copies of anything they will make copy's while you are there I did see alot of people making copies.

Good Luck.
:) :)

My last time line post

Hello everyone

It seems this will be my last time line post I have finally complete everything I needed to do. If anyone has any questions for me now is the time to ask.

PD 02/19/05
FD 03/16/05
Interview 10/13/05
Sent in Passport application using standard service 10/18/05
Received passport back via Priority mail 11/12/05

So as everyone can see this is what I have done for the past 10 months of my life I hope this will help anyone that has wondered how long will it take to get your citizenship.
:) :) :) :)

any recent newark interview dates?

after a flurry of activity in september, newark has suddenly gone cold. no interview letters since then. the last PD was 05/03/05 (SV2707). Anyone after that??? thanks
PD 05/21/05

Case Status just updated

I have June PD and my Case Status is just updated today. My detailed timeline at VSC/Newark is as below;

PD: 6/24/05
FD: 8/11/05
Case Status updated on 11/19/05 and I have mesages as "The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system."

I hope I can received ID letter before Thnanksgivng or just after Thannksgiving.

luveks said:
I have June PD and my Case Status is just updated today. My detailed timeline at VSC/Newark is as below;

PD: 6/24/05
FD: 8/11/05
Case Status updated on 11/19/05 and I have mesages as "The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system."

I hope I can received ID letter before Thnanksgivng or just after Thannksgiving.

Yes, looks like you are about to get your interview letter.

Interview and oath on different date?

Hello everyone

I need help from all of you. Especially from Ziggy176. I have almost same dates.
PD 03/15/05
FD 05/16/05
Interview 11/14/05

I passed in interview but after interview they told me that you have two file under your name. When you enter in US someone made tow file no (Green card #). And so I have to wait for oath. They told me that lot of people I have some issue.
But I surprised I never hard anything like that from any one and also 8 months ago when I renew my green card for 10 years they didn't tell me about it. I asked my friend and relatives, they told me that NJ also going on same path as other state tries to schedule interview on other day by giving some reasons.
Some people also has same problem with different reasons.

If somebody knows, then just let me know, what I have to do?
1) Go to again immigrations office by taking Info Immigrations Pass and discuss with immigrations officers that I don't have two green card #'s.
2) Wait for reply form them.

And Of It is true then I long it will take to get date for Oath?

Really appreciate for reply.

Thanks

Hello Chi123.

I am no immigration attorney. I was lucky I had no problems my green card was a very old one with no expiration date I got mine back in the 70's. When i had my interview my oath was on the same date. I'm sure they want to speed evertything up to clear out the back log. From what I can tell someone by mistake gave you two green card numbers they must do a thorough search of all your records from my experience they do keep all records mine went back to the 70's they even hade a baby picture of me when I came to America. When they told you about the green card numbers did they give you a time frame as to how long it would take to resolve this issue? I'm sure there might be a couple of people on this board that have the same problem would anyone care to put in your two cents about this?? JoeF any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
N-400 Timeline for Newark, NJ

Just some tracking info on my app so far

Service Center : VSC
DO : Newark, NJ
PD : 11 Oct 2005
FP : 21 Dec 2005 (notice received 18 Nov 2005)
FP Location : Hackensack, NJ

two green card files

Hi ziggy176

Thanks for reply.
Well They only told me that they have wo files under my name and they have to solve this problem before my oath. they told me that lot of people have same problem. But they didn't give me any time Duration to solve this proble. they says it will take 2 weeks or 2 months.

If anybody knows more about it or have same experience they please let me know about that.

Thanks

updated case status

My case status was first updated on 11/18/05 and today 11/21/05 it has been updated once again. Wonder why they did it twice.

PD 05/21/05
Waiting for interview

Citizenship test passed, but no decision yet- help please..

Hello Everyone

I completed my citizenship interview on 14th November and was interviewed by a young officer who said that he was recommending a granting, but some how I have two files (Green Card) under my name so he has check and remove other file first before give me oath date. He gave me the interview result - n-652 saying I have completed all tests and USCIS will send a written decision. Many people had their oath on the same day, but mine I don't know what is happening.

What does this mean?
When can I expect to see something?

It looks like everything is in order, every paper was in order. No complications, not even a driving record. The young officer indicated that he's not able to approve, until Decision on two files. I even saw him circle granted in the sheet that he was marking on and he also indicated that he was recommending approval. Is there anything else I can do?

It looks like everything is in order, but still no decision.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Newark Interview

genesis1, as of yesterday, I did not receive it yet. As soon as I receive it, will report the details.
For your info, my online status is updated every day as well, but contents remain unchanged (only the date is updated).