Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

I believe you can find out the status of the FP within days of submitting them by calling the FBI at 304-625-5590. It appears that FP are cleared within a day or two after submitting them.

sfaizullah said:
Guys,
I also received my FP notice today. Following is my updated info:

Date Received by VSC: Apr 28, '05
PD: Apr 28, '05
Notice Date: 05/05/05. Mailed May 09, 05. Received May 11, 05.

FP Notice Date: 05/31/05. Mailed June 02, 05. Received June 06, 05.
FP Date: Morning of July 07, 05 (Newark, NJ).

Regards

Yesterday 9:00 AM I did my FPs and the whole process was smooth and I was out by 9:25 AM. Today I called the FBI and they told me that they received the FPs the same day and send the info back to INS also yesterday.

What is next?

Best Regards
Safi

Next.....

...i believe is joining the frustrating "Wait N watch" bandwagon...unless you want to send an email to the FBI for name check and wait 4ever for a reply.

_Your frustrated Pal NJ-N400

My Time Line

Fedexed my Application VSC on 12/21/04
VSC sent reply for requesting more money for finger prints 1/10/05
Sent the additional 85.00 1/13/05
don't remember the Finger print Notice but it was some time in Feb.
FP on 03/05/05
Received the Interview Notification Letter on 6/28
Interview on 09/01/05

the Whole process is 8 months. It could have cut it by a month atleast if I would have sent the correct money the time.

status updated on 8/27 but disappears online

I was checking my online status. If i login through the profile it shows that my record was last updated on 8/27. When i click on the details it says the record cannot be found. I was able to see the record until yesterday. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation??

Good sign

amjar,

Usually disapperaing online status means that you are about to get interview
letter. BTW What's ur timeline. I am guessing first or second week if March, 2005 is your PD. I am waiting for my interview with PD of April 14th, 2005.

Best of luck.

our priority date is April 14 and FP was done on June 3. Can you see your status online?

Yes

amyjar,

I can still see my status online although our PD and FP dates are exactly the same. Very strange. I will keep checking and let you know if any thing changes ealry next week.

VSC, Newark D
PD April 14th
FP Done June 3rd

Best of luck.

Sorry i was mistaken for the PD it is April 11.

PD = April 11
FP = June 3
FP sent to FBI June 3
FBI returned FP back on June 3 for my husband and June 4 for me
Online status disappeard on 8/27
when i logged in again in my profile it shows my records were updated again on 8/28 which is a sunday..... wonder why an update on sunday. However when i click on the details it still shows the message that no record found.

Might be

Amyjar,

It will be a pleasent surprise if you got your interview letter this week. Since I thought they must be still handling March cases. If you got it this week, may be I can expect mine week after.

We shall see. :)

Melany,
What's you PD?

Received Interview notice

Recieved interview notice today:
Notice date = August 25
Interview date = Dec 1, 2005

LonelyDove said:
amyjar,

I can still see my status online although our PD and FP dates are exactly the same. Very strange. I will keep checking and let you know if any thing changes ealry next week.

VSC, Newark D
PD April 14th
FP Done June 3rd

Best of luck.

Hi,
Can let me know what do you see when you check your status online? My PD is 04/28/05. Mine says "

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on May 2, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 360 and 390 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

"

Is your similar? I also did my FP but there is nothing mentioned.

Best Regards

Interview letter received 09/23/05. ID is 12/15/05.

My updated info is as follows:

Date Received by VSC: Apr 28, '05
PD: Apr 28, '05
Notice Date: 05/05/05. Mailed May 09, 05. Received May 11, 05.

FP Notice Date: 05/31/05. Mailed June 02, 05. Received June 06, 05.
FP Date: Morning of July 07, 05 (Newark, NJ).

ID: 12/15/05.

Best Regards
Safi

Here are my timelines:

DO: Newark NJ
PD: 7/11/05
FP: 8/20/05
Interview: Expecting around Feb/Mar'06

Looking at the posts here, May'05 PD applicants should be getting their interview letters soon.

It's time

My time has come I have my interview tomorrow afternoon in Newark. Expect a post of my experience tomorrow night or some time Friday morning. I'm sure everything will go well but I am still very nervous about my interview (interview jitters). I have prepared everything I double checked all my documents and now I will study as much as possible until my interview.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Time line
PD 02/19/05
FD 03/16/05
Interview 10/13/05

ziggy176 said:
My time has come I have my interview tomorrow afternoon in Newark. Expect a post of my experience tomorrow night or some time Friday morning. I'm sure everything will go well but I am still very nervous about my interview (interview jitters). I have prepared everything I double checked all my documents and now I will study as much as possible until my interview.

Wish you all the best Ziggy176.