Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

No........my status is still same....... " Case Received and Pending ".
Its my guess that It will remain same even after Interview and Oath Ceremony. Thats how USCIS works.

hey Punjabi1,
Has your status on the USCIS website changed yet?

Hey people of New Jersey! Can you answer these questions for me?!?

20. Who is one of your state's U.S. Senators?

23. Name your U.S. Representative.

43. Who is the Governor of your state?

Governor: Jon Corzine, D (to Jan. 2010)
Senators: Frank R. Lautenberg, D (to Jan. 2015); Robert Menendez, D (to Jan. 2013)
NEW JERSEY
01 Robert E. Andrews ......Haddon Heights
02 Frank A. LoBiondo ......Ventnor
03 Jim Saxton ......Mount Holly
04 Christopher H. Smith ......Hamilton
05 Scott Garrett ......Wantage
06 Frank Pallone Jr. ......Long Branch
07 Mike Ferguson ......Warren Township
08 Bill Pascrell Jr. ......Paterson
09 Steven R. Rothman ......Fair Lawn
10 Donald M. Payne ......Newark
11 Rodney P. Frelinghuysen ......Morristown
12 Rush D. Holt ......Hopewell Township
13 Albio Sires ......West New York

As for the Congressman, check which district you belong ?
Happy now ?

After I posted the question, I came across some other postings where they were asking for the same irrespective of Kids if US Citizens or not. One thing I guess is correct is if you left empty A number for your kids (because they are Citizens and don't have one) or entered N/A. May be none is the correct answer for US Citizen kids and respective A number for non-us citizens. What did you enter in your application and your wife's? and did both of you got the same documents? -Its because of Automated System that screens the applications and coders (likes most of us here!) did not bother to check the citizenship column for USA or United Stated of America!

Hi Shipfree4pc,

I am wondering the same, i am not sure why they need it, yes both of my kids are US Citizens.

Not sure i am the only one who got this request or any one else in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
scorpio - we are on the same boat as far as the Received Date at lockbox is concerned...lets see how long we will get along!!!

I have sent it to express/courior address (75067 address) and you?

Which county you live in ... I am in Somerset County - do you know where I will get the FP/Interview etc.,

Looks like you are so confident that you get your Oath on the same day...Is Newark that consistant with that?

scorpio - we are on the same boat as far as the Received Date at lockbox is concerned...lets see how long we will get along!!!

I have sent it to express/courior address (75067 address) and you?

Which county you live in ... I am in Somerset County - do you know where I will get the FP/Interview etc.,

Looks like you are so confident that you get your Oath on the same day...Is Newark that consistant with that?

i live in middle sex county

I sent it by regular post (USPS-Certified mail)

As far as I know Newark is one of the few offices in US who has interview and oath(if you clear interview) on same day

As far as I know Newark is one of the few offices in US who has interview and oath(if you clear interview) on same day

Based on the postings, Newark is probably the best office in several regards. The DO's seemed like they want to help rather than hurt. They also administer the oath on the same day. I also found the folks at the windows very helpful. I must have talked to all of them since i was so bored and just wanted to strike a conversation. They made us feel very welcome ! God bless them !

Share your experiance!

Based on the postings, Newark is probably the best office in several regards. The DO's seemed like they want to help rather than hurt. They also administer the oath on the same day. I also found the folks at the windows very helpful. I must have talked to all of them since i was so bored and just wanted to strike a conversation. They made us feel very welcome ! God bless them !

Sai, Congratulations!

Could you please share your experiance here.
That will be useful for us.

Takecare

scorpio,shopfree4pc

You have company. I mailed my application on 03/23 by certified mail. I live in middlesex county too. Waiting for USPS confirmation.

Ladies and gentlemen!!! i got my il today!!!!!!!!!! Im soooooooooooooooooo happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Woooooo hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE MY UPDATE!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Congratulations Thomas5. And Goooooooooooooooooooood Luuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkk :)

Ladies and gentlemen!!! i got my il today!!!!!!!!!! Im soooooooooooooooooo happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Woooooo hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thomas5, Good Luck ! Newark DO is good !

Got IL today

Got my IL today (3/27/09). Interview is on May 26th 1 PM. Are afternoon interviews considered for same day Oath at Newark ?

Got my IL today (3/27/09). Interview is on May 26th 1 PM. Are afternoon interviews considered for same day Oath at Newark ?

Yes - They wait for everyone to finish, before starting the oath ceremony in the evening. In my case it started at 5 p.m.
Good Luck