Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Oath ceremonies for late day interviews

All --

My interview is scheduled in Newark for 2 PM on March 12. Just wondering if I'm going to make it through the interview in time for an oath ceremony the same day.

Most of the posts on the forum are by people who have morning interviews and walk out by the end of the day with their certificates.

When are the oath ceremonies scheduled?

'm just wondering if we have to bring our daughter for the scheduled interview in April 29th ?
Because she had reached the age of 14 (she is now 16), does she have to take the oath taking too ?
I still want to her to have the certificate of citizenship than just the regular passport as proof of her citizenship. Any advise >

Today i called USCIS and talk with 2nd level I/O. he said they already sent my interview letter day before yesterday and its set for April 30.today i got the inteview letter. thanks noginoypi.......

Newark D/O
01/21/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
01/23/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
01/28/09 : Check Cashed
01/23/09 :priority Date
01/28/09 :Notice Date
02/03/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)

02/09/09 :FP Notice Received
02/24/09 :FP Appointment (Hackensack ASC)
02/11/09 :FP Walkin
03/03/09 :Interview Letter.
04/30/09 :Interview & Oath Ceremony(Same Day) :p:p:p

'm just wondering if we have to bring our daughter for the scheduled interview in April 29th ?
Because she had reached the age of 14 (she is now 16), does she have to take the oath taking too ?
I still want to her to have the certificate of citizenship than just the regular passport as proof of her citizenship. Any advise >

Last edited by a moderator:
FP Appointment at Elizabeth

Folks,

Today i got a letter for FP at Elizabeth, NJ office for 3 PM Friday March 20th.

I want to go early on March 20th and complete by FP Early, as my son comes back from school at 3.30 PM. You guys see any issues going early, if i can, how early can i go ?

Appreciate your inputs.

Feb2009.
Newark D/O
02/09/08: Mailed
02/10/09: Receipt Date
02/10/09: Priority Date
02/13/09: Checks Cahsed
02/13/09: Notice Date
2/25/2009: FP Notice Date
3/20/2009: FP Appointment(ELIZABETH,NJ)

You can come after lunch to be safe so you can pick up your son.
Normally, it only takes 20-30 minutes but you never know.
They are accommodating at Elizabeth anyway.

Thanks Noginoypi for quick response.

Me and my wife got appointment at the same time. And we have little one who will be with us during appointment. How does it work, can we go inside with kid during FP session? Can we request them to give us 30 minute break in between ?

They're not really picky about the time of your FP. I had an FP appt. at 1pm and I went at 9am so if you want to go after you drop your kids off at school you can do that. My sister-in-law drove me and she was able to wait with me without any questions so I wouldn't worry too much.

Today i called USCIS and talk with 2nd level I/O. he said they already sent my interview letter day before yesterday and its set for April 30.today i got the inteview letter. thanks noginoypi.......

Punjabi1,
That's great news..

Congrats and ALL THE Best..

dxbkid,

Thanks for your inputs. Did you go to Elizabeth, NJ Office ?

They're not really picky about the time of your FP. I had an FP appt. at 1pm and I went at 9am so if you want to go after you drop your kids off at school you can do that. My sister-in-law drove me and she was able to wait with me without any questions so I wouldn't worry too much.

dxbkid,

Thanks for your inputs. Did you go to Elizabeth, NJ Office ?

Yes I did. I went there early just in case it got too packed. They don't put any weight to the time of the appointment...as long as you go there on the day of your FP you should be fine regardless of when you actually go.

That's good news Punjabi1. Hopefully the Newark DO keeps churning out letters quickly. BTW, did your online status change after you received the IL?

I did my FP today. I reached there at 8:00am. My appt was at 9am. Office opens at 8am. Got free street parking behind the building. There were around 15 people ahead of me. It was pretty quick. I was out in about 30 mins. They gave me a free booklet for the Naturalization test (quick civic lessions) without asking. Best wishes for everybody.

PD : 1/27/2009
FP Notice : 2/09/2009
FP taken : 3/05/2009

Congratulations!

In 3 weeks approximately your interview letter will arrive assuming there is no problem with FBI checking.
Good luck to all of us!

US Citizen

Passed interview yesterday and became a citizen.
Thank you all for your support and advise.
This forum has been a great help.
Good luck to all.

Congrats,PDAK...

Yesterday I went for the Fingerprint at Elizabeth office.
I did free parking at the backside of the building. FP experience was pleasant. Elizabeth office is much cleaner and specious than Newark.

Today I called FBI abt Fingerprinting.They told me that it has been cleared. (What this means?) How much time it takes for FBI name check?
Can I be in interview Queue before FBI name check?
How much time I can expect interview letter?

Thanks,
Freenation.

Rescheduling Fingerprinting

Does anybody have any insights into how long it takes to get another date if one asks to have the original Fingerprinting date rescheduled ?

My original date was Feb 13th, 2009. I had to be out of the country on business that date so have asked the Newark / Elizabeth (New Jersey) office on Feb 10th to reschedule and haven't heard back since. I wasn't aware that I could have walked-in earlier that Feb 13th.

Anybody with a similar experience...rescheduled fingerprinting ?

Thx

Hi Freenation,

What was the number you called to check the fingerprinting status? I had done my FP at Elizabeth office on 3/5.

thanks