Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Finally a US citizen

I had sent in my interview application for me and my wife around 5th of April. FP were schedule for 17th of may. I had a few traffic tickets..hence received yellow letter and interview letter for the 13th of Aug at Newark. The interview was at 8:40. We reached around 8:00. There were quite a few people in the room..they were calling people in the order they arrived. I had to wait for 2 hours before my wife and i were called in quick succession. Interview was a breeze...the officer did ask for the dispositions of the tickets...luckily i had them with me. He approved my application. We were sworn in as US citizens at noon. I have been a long time reader on this forum. Thank you for all for your advice.

Just wanna let you guys know that I got an email which says your case being transferred to local office. I think Newark is sticking to exact 4-month from mailing to interviewing schedule.

All the best to everyone for their interview..Interestingly, I present projects to the higher ups in the company on a regular basis. I breeze through 70-80% of the Jeopardy questions, and know the 100 question/answers on the Nat test in the comfort of my living room. But yet, despite having a clean record, something about the Nat interview is still unnerving..I wonder what it is...

tomorrow is my interview. Little bit nervous, wish me luck!!! LOL keep you posted!!!!

Yes, please... but you should not worry too much..... By reading this forum, anything mentioned and discussed should give you some guidance, other than that they just can't deny you for no reason!

Hello everybody!!!

Finally i am home, i am a citizen now and still sounds surreal, my story start a 6am, getting ready to be there, got there at 7am, i live really close, my appointment was a 740am, at 745am i was outside of the building waiting to be open, I was like number 10 on the line, the security guy was very slow, i made it to the 15th floor by 750am, gave my appointment to the lady in window 1, i thought we were going to be call by the time of our appointments, to my surprise the start to call people randomly, i guess, because I was called at 940am. at this point my heart went to my stomach!

The officer was a black african american woman, she was very nice and kind of funny, she told me to tell the truth and I swore, and seat, the asked question of the end of the n400, like arrested, prostitution, drugs, all of those, after that she asked for my passport and my green card, she gave some papers, told me to check if everything was spell right, everything was ok, and she starts telling me to write: "lincoln was the president during the civil war" and i told her why lincoln, i am going to misspell it, and i was right, she told me to put the L in the right place, and told me to sing underneath.

after that the question:
1. longest river in the usa.
2. we elect the president for how many years?
3. who live in america before the european arrived?
4. when was the declaration on independence adopted?

I have been trying to remember and i am almost 95% sure that she didn't asked me for questions, but not sure the other 5% after that I signed more papers, and tole me told me to wait in the waiting area to be call for the oath.

The whole interview process took less than 5 minutes. I still can't believe that! was so fast!

I was call around 11am, check my names, everything was right, and they sent me to the room with the other new american citizens, around 1130am, i had everything in my hand!!! and i was taking pics with mr and mrs obama!

Now I am a US citizen...on my way tomorrow morning to philadelphia to get my passport. NYC passport office didn't have any appointments until next monday!

Once again!!!!

thank yo so much to everybody in this forum for all your help all these years, I really appreciated!

I was successful in walk-in FP at Newark DO today. My original scheduled FP date was 8/23 and initially I thought of not trying walk-in as I heard it will not speedup the process anyway and also the success rate of walk-in was not high.

However, some sudden trip cameup for me and I will not be in the country next week, so I had to try walk-in.

I went to the center today morning aroung 11am, told her about my next week scheduled FP and if its possible to do it today due to my trip next week. She asked me for a proof of trip which I didnt had at that time. I went to a nearby printing center and got my itinierray/tickets printout and I was allowed to complete my FP today.

The center was really empty and there was nobody infront of me.

Congrats dfvm

dfvm congrats and plz provide me on how's your experience to get the passport in PA . I am on the same office Newark and I plan to do my passport in PA coz I heared it's very fast there. Thanks

i got the passport the same day because i need it for work, but when i was there there was a woman asking every single person for all the document to get it in a rush, like hotel reservation, airline tks, etc, but to my understand these people will get their passports 3 days later, but i am not sure about that. I got mine the same day at 12:30 m.
but at the end of the day the process was really easy!

Hi dvfm, I have my interview next month (hopefully I'll pass). Anyway, can you tell me the address of the PP office in PA. Also does the applicant have to go in person (can spouse go instead of me). Also what's the approx time frame for NJ post offices. Thanks