Newark NJ interview letter and questions

baobao

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All:

I have just received the interview letter. The letter asks me to bring the following documents:

1. the interview letter
2. all passports in possession and I-94 form

** Question: should I bring the previously expired passport in addition to the current valid passport?

3. Affidavit of support (if not already submitted)

** Question: what is this? financial support? bank statement of my account?

4. All original documents which support the petition, including:birth, mariage, divorce and death certificates.

** Question: should I also bring other original documents, such as recommendation letters, etc?

5. Report of medical examination

** can I get by with the copy of the previously submitted report? or I should really re-do the medical examination?

It is strange that the letter does NOT request the following documents:

1. employment letter
2. recent pay stub
3. income tax return

Should I ignore the letter and bring those documents?

One last question is my 1st FP expired 3 days ago, do you guys think that the FP will be an issue during or after this interview?

Any comments on my quesions are greatly appreciated!

I will update the forum after the interview.

Many thanks,

My stats:

I-140 AP--Oct. 2001
I-485 RD--Jan04, 2002
I-485 ND--Jan22, 2002
FP: May10, 2002
EAC-02-091-xxxxx
NO RFE
Transfer date: July 23, 2003
Intervew RD: Aug. 14, 2003
Interview Day: Sept. 19. 2003

I would say yes.. Have 2 folders with you. The first contains the documents they requested and the other contains all the other backup folders....
Now my question to you is how long did it take the local office to send you the letter>
Thanks
MOH NOV 01

Just want to add something. My friend had an interview in NJ BSIC on 8/12. The case was approved, passport stamped etc. Yestrday, 8/14 he recieved the following letter:

Please return to the office any day with your passport. Your case was approved in error. According to the CIA security clearance check your clearance is still pending. Therefore at this time your case is not approvable. Please return with all three passports, so that the stamp may be cancelled. Please do not travel with your passport. You will be returned your employment authorization card. Please comply with this request. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

So, this is what happens in NJ ....

Dates:

RD: 11/06/01
ND: 12/06/01
RFE sent out: 05/09/03
RFE respond received: 05/29/03
Case transferred: 06/13/03
Interview: 08/12/03
Cancellation notice received: 08/14/03

The files mentioned in the interview letter is some kind a standand. I was interviewed 1/2/03. Same files with your were asked to bring with me.

Here are some my suggesion.

1. If your medical is already expired, Do the exam agian and bring
original medical exam report with you not copy.
2. All documents your can think of. Such as
a. Tax return for last 2-3 years.
b. Company letter for all of you.
c. All kind of cerfiticate e.x. Marriage, Birth, all Passport, I-94
and etc.

You don't know what they ask and need in the interview. It is only do you good that bring more.

Good luck!

:) :) :)

thanks! but...

I want to thank everyone who took time to reply my questions!

I am still not clear on two things:

1. what is the affidavit of support? financial support? bank account statement?

2. how long does it take for a medical examination to expire? and if it expires by the interview day, is it absoluted required that a new one should be done?

I now understand that 2nd FP will be need for the final approval, Fromhyd: please update on your post-interview progress.

Thanks again and have a good weekend,

bb