Newark local transfers

Endless waiting

Registered Users (C)
FYI. The interview letter just arrived. The date is set to 05/24.

So my transfer date is 04/24 and interview date is 05/24. Newark is COOL. I will post the doc. list once I get home but so far I heard passport, I-94, medical(?)... It seems like another endless list.

Good luck to all of us.

EW

No Title

did yu recieve the notice at your home, or did the lawyer recieve it, I too am waiting for my wife\'s interview notice..her case was also X\'sferred on 04/24

Order of notices...

What was your order of notices - in other words, once you heard the transfer on AVM on 04/24, when did u receive a transfer notice from VSC and when did u receive the interview notice from Newark?

Please share as many details as possible - there are a lot of interview waiters at Newark.

Thanks.

Thats really good

Happy that interview calls are coming quick at Newark. I am in the same queue and with the same transfer date. Hope I too can expect the call letter soon.
All the best and keep us posted with the updates.
I think your \'Endless waiting\' is coming to an End atlast!!

alawabidingcitizen

Hi,
 My scenario is exactly similar.
EB3
PD: 06/00
RD: 07/01
ND: 09/01
FP: 12/01
Transfer Date: 04/24/02
Interview Date: 05/24/02

Keeping fingures crossed.

Did you or your lawyer get the interview call letters?

Hello EW and alaw..... who got the letters - you or your lawyer?
Will the AVM message be updated once you receive the letter?
What all documents did they ask you to bring for interview?
Please update with all details.
Thanks.

alawabidingcitizen

I got the letter at home. But it says cc to lawyer too. Although my lawyer has not received it yet.
I received it yesterday.
It must be on its way to my lawyers office.

The letter seems to be a same formated letter that they send to all people. The usual stuff.
1. interview letter

2. marriage documents

3.medical record ?
I do not know why they are asking for it. I already sent them my medical record while filing it. If anybody knows regarding the medical record let me know. My medical record was submitted a year back, so.... Should I do my medicals. I am not given enough time to schedule an appointment with the doctor. Besides my report won\'t even arrive before the interview. So let me know guys out there who were asked to bring medical records, what did you do?

4. If family based blah, blah blah.... I am employment based so who cares ?

Let me know if you need more information?

What\'s the deal with the medical report?

I am concerned too. I did mine exactly one year ago. What information have you found out? I think I will go ahead to redo it this weekend. INS is a big sucker.

My TD is 04/24. I heard this on AVM on 04/28.
My lawyer received the notice last week but I haven\'t received so.
Both of us received the interview notice from Newark within past 24 hours.

I hope this info. can ease the nerve of other people on this board.

Newark transfer

AVM updated : May 01
Lawyer received notice of transfer: May 08.

Shall update when I receive the interview date.

Medical Reports...

Endless Waiting,
  So you are really going for another medical report?
My lawyer said, you don\'t need to if you have already submitted it during filing. I also asked another lawyer for second opinion, he also advised not to go for the report.

Kind of confused now.
Did somebody asked you to go for it?

Newark Transfer

Case transferred to Newark on : 05/01/02
Haven\'t received any letter so far.
Don\'t know if lawyer received any letter.
Will update when anything changes.

Let\'s all stay together !

Case transferred to Newark office on 05/06/02

I heard on AVM, but not received any letter from INS yet.

Spoke to lawyer

He received the transfer letter. (Don\'t know when exactly - maybe a couple of days back)

Newark office is cook

Expect your ID one month from TD. Don\'t worry. I am sure you have seen other cases having the same timeline.

As long as you are not in NYC, you are in good shape.

EW

No Title

Hi,
My wife receieved her interview notice today in the mail...she is scheduled for the 28th of May for the interview. They have asked for her passport, affidavit of support if not provided with the application, proof of marriage etc., will post detail once I get home.
Will keep yu guys posted

Bye

I have a question for you all whose cases are transfered to Newark office.

Please help me regarding the following:
I have changed my address after finger prints and my lawyer sent INS the change of address notice.
My question is where will I receive my Interview notice? Is it to the old address or to the new address?
If to the old address, then will it be dropped in that address or will they return it back to INS?
I am worried because I did not receive my Interview schedule untill now even to my old address or to the old address.
My case is also transfered to Newark on April 24th.
PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE.

No idea

My understanding is: you should call VSC up and ask what is your current address in the file.

If the old address is still there, I assume you have the previous Postal Office forward all your mails (This is a free service). If you haven\'t done so, then that can be a problem.

If you used a lawyer, then he will get the notice too.

Relax, I know you have the same TD as mine but I only received the I. notice yesterday. Someone else with the same TD hasn\'t received the notice either. Worrying too much does yourself no good.

Sorry that I can\'t find a Tel# on my notice.

EW

Newark interview date is set...

for 30th May at Newark.
Yes, they are indeed being consistent in terms of scheduling the interview 30 days after the transfer date.
TD:05/01
VSC Notice recd: 05/07
Newark notice date: 05/10
Int Date : 05/30

Our interview letters read the same:

"BRING WITH YOU: THIS LETTER, all passports in your possession, Form I-94, Report of Medical examination. Affidavit of support (if not already submitted). ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WHICH SUPPORT THE PETITION/APPLICATION, INCLUDING: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death certificates. ..."

1) I know my wife\'s medical report was missing - but they have sent 2 I-693 (Medical) forms to be filled out.
2) It does not ask for the employment letter - do I still need it?
3) Is this the standard letter for everybody else?

Newark interviewees please respond and let\'s stay in touch and share our experiences - it\'s crucial for everyone.

Good luck !!

Same letter here

I did my medical last night which cost $140. I also got the employment letter yesterday too. Don\'t take any chance.

The letter is standard. I believe for family/marriage based interview, they expect the affidavit. If this is employment based, they expect to see a job letter + last 3 months of paystubs + last 3 years of w2s. The bottomline is, they don\'t want new immigrants to become burdens of the society. I wonder how 180-day rule plays here.

If you miss any document for the interview, they will give you a few weeks to get it. Don\'t worry.

EW