Newark local office transfer: tracker

InUS&Frustrated said:
Want GC Soon, patpat, ataknev: Thanks much for your help.

1 more question: If i register an address change with USPS, can i bank on them to forward the interview letter in some months from now ? Its tough situation as to not knowing the status & cant ask them if they already sent it !

Regards !

Actually and surprisngly USPS (Postal Service) does forward interview letters and FP notifications (for me it did both) and for a friend of mine it even did EAD cards. However this could be purely personal. We informed USCIS Newark n times (n -> 00 infinity) about our address change and the last letter for interview they'd still send it to old address and it got forwarded.

Thanks,
ataknev

PS: It is better to take infopass and update address (that's the best we can do and in my case they did not update after that also)and send in a certified signed mail stating the address, it might help.

Waiting for intervew

Hello Friends,

My file got transfered on last october'04 and I am still waiting for interview.
I show lots of people who got transfer in last october even december all got interview letter.

My priority date is June'2001, I think they are arranging interview by transfer date and priority date. Can you please update excel sheet with priority date, please , please ...

Vipul_1.RS=1.$ said:
Hello Friends,

My file got transfered on last october'04 and I am still waiting for interview.
I show lots of people who got transfer in last october even december all got interview letter.

My priority date is June'2001, I think they are arranging interview by transfer date and priority date. Can you please update excel sheet with priority date, please , please ...

I think it is better to take one infopass appointment and make sure that your file is there.

I already did , they say my file is in exam section in schedule for interview.

I don't know what exam section do?, Is that means they finish adjucating case and just waiting for visa availability or they even didn't touch my file?

If everybody who got interview/or Not, can you please update priority date in tracker. So we will get some idea how they are scheduling interview just by looking at transfer date or they also look at priority date?

Can anybody explain how to change tracker for my info , I am new to this thread.

Thanks for your help

Local Office Transfer

Hi,

I am new to this forum. My case was transfered to Newark, NJ office on 07/11/05. My details are -

PD 04/2001
I-140 & I-485 RD 01/10/2005
FP1 & FP2 done in 03/05
AP & EAD approved on 03/05
I-140 AD 07/08/05
I-485 ND 01/20/05

My question is how long it takes to get Interview Notice?

I got I-797 notice of action yesterday. The message read as "Preliminary processing of the above application has been completed. and it has been transfered to the INS office at : <address of Newark,NJ>"

Although I filed I-485 at California Service center, why it got transfered to NJ office. My residence is in Mercer County,NJ.

Is there anything that I need to do at this point to expedite the process?

Kindly share your feedback and experience.

Thanks,

s_aich said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum. My case was transfered to Newark, NJ office on 07/11/05. My details are -

PD 04/2001
I-140 & I-485 RD 01/10/2005
FP1 & FP2 done in 03/05
AP & EAD approved on 03/05
I-140 AD 07/08/05
I-485 ND 01/20/05

My question is how long it takes to get Interview Notice?

I got I-797 notice of action yesterday. The message read as "Preliminary processing of the above application has been completed. and it has been transfered to the INS office at : <address of Newark,NJ>"

Although I filed I-485 at California Service center, why it got transfered to NJ office. My residence is in Mercer County,NJ.

Is there anything that I need to do at this point to expedite the process?

Kindly share your feedback and experience.

Thanks,

Wait time is usually 6-8 months in Newark. I am surprised that since you reside at Mercer County, it should have been transferred to Cherry Hill and you should be lucky to get it transferred to Newark as the waiting times in Cherry Hill is more than a year.

EAD 2nd renewal

Hi guys!

I filed my 3rd EAD last week of June. My 485 case was transferred to Newark last Nov. 10, 2004, up to now no schedule of interview yet. Yesterday, I received a notice from INS to call for an appointment FOR TAKING OF BIOMETRICS in an Application Support Center (this is in regards to my EAD renewal). I called and got an appointment for August 12, 2005 at Newark ASC.

Anybody on the same boat? Does this biometrics taking anything to do with my 485 case too? or just the EAD renewal?

Any idea is appreciated.

Want GC Soon said:
Wait time is usually 6-8 months in Newark. I am surprised that since you reside at Mercer County, it should have been transferred to Cherry Hill and you should be lucky to get it transferred to Newark as the waiting times in Cherry Hill is more than a year.

Thanks for the reply. I have few queries. I received notification that my case is transfered. Does that mean the file is already transfered or is it going to be transfered? How to confirm that? bcs my Attorney didn't receive anything yet.
Also is interview schedule based on PD and transfer date or any other criteria.

Also do we have a tracker to track all cases transfered to Newark office? Can we update our cases so that we can follow them closely and to identify a pattern of scheduling interview.

Thanks for your help.

Hi pag-asa88,

This interview is for EAD only. No questions will be asked. Bring your 485 reciept along with old EADs and passport.
I got my 2 weeks back.

thanks

Hi,

I have few simple questions

1. Does any one know why USCIS transfer the 485 Files to local office? Why don't they make decison in the main(4 offices) offices?
Mine got transfered on 07/11/05 to Newark, NJ office. Friend of mine got his GC on his hand already.

2. I live in Mercer County, will they trasfer my files to Cherry Hill Office?

3. I see here somebody case trasfered back and forth between Newark, NJ and Vermont center, Why they do like this?

Thanks
mka

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone whose priority date is after May 2001 and got interview letter.

Please who got interview letter please please update tracker for priority date.

My case transfered in last Oct'2004, priority date is Jun 2001.

I want to know they are arranging interview just by transfer date or they also look at priority date. My case transfered in october'2004 and lots of case who got transfred in Dec'2004, got interview letter.(by looking in tracker)

Please please update tracker for Priority date ...

Thanks

CongratSSSS...

we have an interview oncoming. Do we need new photos because I seen people mentioned somehow. Any way, we submittied photos during original applications. Thanks a lot.

Repost

REPOST

Hi guru's,

I have few simple questions

1. Does any one know why USCIS transfer the 485 Files to local office? Why don't they make decison in the main(4 offices) offices?
Mine got transfered on 07/11/05 to Newark, NJ office. Friend of mine got his GC on his hand already. (who applied after me)

2. I live in Mercer County, will they trasfer my files to Cherry Hill Office?

3. I see here somebody case trasfered back and forth between Newark, NJ and Vermont center, Why they do like this?

Thanks
mka

Last edited by a moderator:
s_aich said:
Thanks for the reply. I have few queries. I received notification that my case is transfered. Does that mean the file is already transfered or is it going to be transfered? How to confirm that? bcs my Attorney didn't receive anything yet.
Also is interview schedule based on PD and transfer date or any other criteria.

Also do we have a tracker to track all cases transfered to Newark office? Can we update our cases so that we can follow them closely and to identify a pattern of scheduling interview.

Thanks for your help.

If you have received an email that your case has been transferred, then maybe its in transit and it usually takes around 2 weeks to get the files in Newark.

I received a notice I797 from Vermont that my preliminary processing is complete and the case is transferred for final decision. I also checked with Newark if they have received it, in my case it took only 4 days to reach Newark, but you never know. I have seen folks who have received emails that case has been transferred and were received even after 2 weeks and sometimes they havent received it for almost a month.

There is already a tracker for Newark transfers and I have updated most of the cases based on the knowledge that I have. Please see the tracker, it might be 4-5 pages from this one and update your details and upload the file.

Interview is based on transfer date first and if they are planning to schedule the interview then PD comes into picture. Usually in Newark is 6-8 months if you are lucky.

Good Luck!

bpx said:
CongratSSSS...

we have an interview oncoming. Do we need new photos because I seen people mentioned somehow. Any way, we submittied photos during original applications. Thanks a lot.

Take 2 photos each(for you and for your wife - incase if you are married).

Good Luck and please dont forget to post ur interview experience!

Want GC Soon said:
If you have received an email that your case has been transferred, then maybe its in transit and it usually takes around 2 weeks to get the files in Newark.

I received a notice I797 from Vermont that my preliminary processing is complete and the case is transferred for final decision. I also checked with Newark if they have received it, in my case it took only 4 days to reach Newark, but you never know. I have seen folks who have received emails that case has been transferred and were received even after 2 weeks and sometimes they havent received it for almost a month.

There is already a tracker for Newark transfers and I have updated most of the cases based on the knowledge that I have. Please see the tracker, it might be 4-5 pages from this one and update your details and upload the file.

Interview is based on transfer date first and if they are planning to schedule the interview then PD comes into picture. Usually in Newark is 6-8 months if you are lucky.

Good Luck!
Thanks Want_GC_SOON.
I update the tracker.

Thanks clueless!

Actually, I went to INS Application Support Center in Newark this morning, and tried to do the biometrics earlier as schedule....luckily, they let me in and i was able to have my biometrics done before my appointment date which is August 12.

Just brought the copy of notice for EAD and passport, plus my old EAD.

Priority Date Question

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on Priority Dates. My initial Labor was filed with SWA (non-RIR) on 9/17/2002. My employer recieved recieved recruitment notice on 1/24/2003. Then final documentation was filed with SWA 4/29/2003. My labor was approved on 11/3/2003. Is my priority date 9/17/02 or 4/29/03?

Thanks a lot.

I-140 AD : 8/9/2004
I-485 Filed 6/15/2004
Transfer to Newark : 8/3/2004
Waiting for Interview, FP etc etc.