Newark local office transfer: tracker

Thanks for your reply. Mine is EB2 category.

ND: 09/2003
TD: 12/2004
ID: 08/2005

Thanks
Wish you all good luck.

alicja said:
Hi Everyone,
My case was transfered to Newark last year & now is a time to reneval my employment autorization card.
Where I should file? in local office in Newark or Vermont?
Please advice.

Good luck to everyone waiting for GC!
Alicja

I had the same situation (case transferred to local office on last Dec.). I have applied to the Vermont and It didnt get approved within 90 days. but transfered to the local office. i took infopass appointment after 90 days and i got ead for one year from the local office.

The following reply is for desiledka :-
Recently i have applied for the AP first time at Vermont and they cashed my check after 6 days of RD. But the online status states that "It is taking between 150 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case."

My suggestion is send EAD & AP applications to Vermont. I think the exact rule is we have to apply all applications where we have applied for I-485.

I will update the outcome of my AP application later.

Last edited by a moderator:
INFOPASS and EB3 Visa Unavailability

Greetings to all the patient and all the wise ... cup of tea to the BlueGirl ... handshake to UnitedNations ...

Had INFOPASS today in Newark, was talking to the very polite oriental-looking officer in his 50s, asked him the question about "visa unavailable" and what it means for me the "EB3-filer" ... he claimed that it shouldn't affect people with interview coming ... he said that there are visas available for people in "interview pipeline" ??? ... couldn't get much more from him ... But I guess "visa unavailable" may apply only for 485 newfilers ... Till the actual interviews feedback from July we will not know that for sure anyway ...

Best Regards

1998 TO 2005

FINALLY,FINALLY,FINALLY,FINALLY,FINALLY,FINALLY............

We got interview letter yesterday.

Asked to bring passport and I-94

TD. 11-17-2004

4328210 said:
I had the same situation (case transferred to local office on last Dec.). I have applied to the Vermont and It didnt get approved within 90 days. but transfered to the local office. i took infopass appointment after 90 days and i got ead for one year from the local office.

Not that it matters, but I am curious. Did you get an Interim EAD or the regular EAD from the local office?

I think the interim EAD is for 6 months only. But we got EAD for one year. We asked the officer if its Interim or regular. She said its regular and they kept our old EAD with them.

6th-year said:
1998 TO 2005

FINALLY,FINALLY,FINALLY,FINALLY,FINALLY,FINALLY............

We got interview letter yesterday.

Asked to bring passport and I-94

TD. 11-17-2004

Hey, 6th year, congratulations with the interview ... You got it fast, it's GOOD !!! When is the date ?!? Are you EB3 ???

Sincerely
Romano

Interview date after fingerprint

Hello,

I had my finger prints taken in March 29, 2005. How long is it usually to receive the interview date notification? Any help is much appreciated

I live in New Jersey (Guttenberg)... My I-485 application date was April 29, 2004.

Thanks

Altug

sahina said:
Hello,

I had my finger prints taken in March 29, 2005. How long is it usually to receive the interview date notification? Any help is much appreciated

I live in New Jersey (Guttenberg)... My I-485 application date was April 29, 2004.

Thanks

Altug

When was your case transferred?

romano said:
Greetings to all the patient and all the wise ... cup of tea to the BlueGirl ... handshake to UnitedNations ...

Had INFOPASS today in Newark, was talking to the very polite oriental-looking officer in his 50s, asked him the question about "visa unavailable" and what it means for me the "EB3-filer" ... he claimed that it shouldn't affect people with interview coming ... he said that there are visas available for people in "interview pipeline" ??? ... couldn't get much more from him ... But I guess "visa unavailable" may apply only for 485 newfilers ... Till the actual interviews feedback from July we will not know that for sure anyway ...

Best Regards

Does that mean everybodies whose cases are transferred will get green card approved irrespective of the Visa availability?

My case was recentlyu transferred to Newark on 6/1/2005. I got a finger printing notice for 6/29/2005. Does this mean anything? Should I expect interiew soon? Do we expect the interview delays to come down?

Thanks

TO : Desiladka

My dear Desiladka

I guess we all have to wait for the guys and girls who have interviews scheduled in July and after

After that we will know

For you, your interview will probably be in October, (January + 8 months + notice + 1 months = October ) so you are OK anyway, as New Fiscal Year EB3 Visas will become available then, in October ...

BlueGirl, there is my promised cup of tea ??? DeFacto !!!

Best regards,
Romano

Can you please explain me your logic of Octorber interview for me? Why do you start from January? What is 8 months?

Please explain.

Thanks

romano said:
My dear Desiladka

I guess we all have to wait for the guys and girls who have interviews scheduled in July and after

After that we will know

For you, your interview will probably be in October, (January + 8 months + notice + 1 months = October ) so you are OK anyway, as New Fiscal Year EB3 Visas will become available then, in October ...

BlueGirl, there is my promised cup of tea ??? DeFacto !!!

Best regards,
Romano

desiladka said:
Can you please explain me your logic of Octorber interview for me? Why do you start from January? What is 8 months?

Please explain.

Thanks

Your date of transfer is 06/01/05 i.e., June 1, 05. I think its confusion with month and date.

Not sure...

I am really not sure when it is transferred. How can I find out? I didn't get any letters.

I checked my online case status and it only says "We have received your finger print results on May 27, 2005. It takes 365-520 days to process. Since you completed the initial stages, you process time will be less than the maximum stated above." So there is no transfer note there...

How can I find out?

Thanks

desiladka said:
When was your case transferred?

Interview Date Received

Hi,
I received my interview letter scheduled for August 2005 on Friday. TD: 12/10/2004. I was just asked to bring I94 and Passport. Anyone who has also received the same, if so send me a PM and we can discuss.

TO : Desiladka

Dear Desiladka

Every month the interview waiting time is getting shorter,
i.e. for transfers in Sep 2004 it was 8 months,
but for transfers in Dec 2004 it is only 6 months,
so I think you will have your interview before the 2005 year's end.
Your transfer was in June, so judging by Interview timing for Dec transfers (6 months), it should be 6 months or shorter. Shorter because there seems to be the trend for shorter waiting time for recent transfers.

Sincerely
Romano

romano said:
Dear Desiladka

Every month the interview waiting time is getting shorter,
i.e. for transfers in Sep 2004 it was 8 months,
but for transfers in Dec 2004 it is only 6 months,
so I think you will have your interview before the 2005 year's end.
Your transfer was in June, so judging by Interview timing for Dec transfers (6 months), it should be 6 months or shorter. Shorter because there seems to be the trend for shorter waiting time for recent transfers.

Sincerely
Romano

Thanks a lot for the info!!!

EB3 Retrogession

Is any one has a talk with their lawyer, what will be happen to the case after June 30th for which they already issued interview letter. Every one is talking about they will not accept new application or will not adjudicate the EB3 cases. but what about who has already got interview letter.. there is no clear indication any where.

ush_bha
TD 09/04
ID 07/05

TO : Ush_bha

Dear Ush_bha

I presume we will only know the answer to your question after July interviews will start taking place. You probably will be the first one to get the fresh updates from the officer, so be ready to ask the officer this question ... I would presume at that point you will have the newest data, not known to any lawyer ... When I had my last INFOPASS in June, clerk told me something like "all the people scheduled for interview have visa numbers for them, so, don't worry" .... I really cannot be sure IF he meant we all gonna get stamped/approved on the spot/before October, but we will learn from your experience soon ...

Sincerely
Romano

Want GC Soon said:
Hi,
I received my interview letter scheduled for August 2005 on Friday. TD: 12/10/2004. I was just asked to bring I94 and Passport. Anyone who has also received the same, if so send me a PM and we can discuss.

Congratulations !!

Pls post your experience here.

JS