Newark local office transfer: tracker

To Qyang

Hi Qyang

No, I applied alone (lone warrior)

I wonder if they looked at my case at all before sending the letter - I guess not, since they are not aware of NO MEDICALS situation ... Strange ...

Thanks to all of you, real people, out there, thanks a lot

Tracker - getting there!

Keek in faith! We are almost there!
Congratulations to all who received the invitation letter, and GOOD LUCK for your interview!
Attached the updated tracker with information for qyang0828, ush-bha and romano (pardon me if I offend you, but the only purpose is for the benefit of the rest of us).

BlueGirl

thank you bluegirl

:) Bluegirl,

no offense at all. appreciate it!

I will share my experience after my interview, if I am not too angry at that time :p

best wishes to all of us.

qyang0828

BlueGirl said:
Congratulations to all who received the invitation letter, and GOOD LUCK for your interview!
Attached the updated tracker with information for qyang0828, ush-bha and romano (pardon me if I offend you, but the only purpose is for the benefit of the rest of us).

BlueGirl

Thank you BlueGirl

BlueGirl said:

BlueGirl

Thank you, BlueGirl for updating the tracker

ush_bha

TO : Bluegirl

Wow !!! Bluegirl represented me on the forum ... De facto meaning Bluegirl is my agent ... De facto meaning Bluegirl is on the payroll ... Are two beers a month is good enough for you, Bluegirl ??! I spent all my cashflow on lawyers, Bluegirl, please don't ask too much ... But thank you anyway for your care and attention ... Nice to be taken care of :)

BlueGirl said:

BlueGirl
:) :)

EAC Where to File?-Transfered Case.

Hi Everyone,
My case was transfered to Newark last year & now is a time to reneval my employment autorization card.
Where I should file? in local office in Newark or Vermont?
Please advice.

Good luck to everyone waiting for GC!
Alicja

Alicja,

My case was recently transferred to Newark Office. I am still not getting right answer where should I file my AP. Different people are saying different things.

If you hear something, Please update me as well here.

Thanks

alicja said:
Hi Everyone,
My case was transfered to Newark last year & now is a time to reneval my employment autorization card.
Where I should file? in local office in Newark or Vermont?
Please advice.

Good luck to everyone waiting for GC!
Alicja

desiladka,

send it to the service center where you applied the I-485 application. It would be VSC.They will transfer it to local office.

Thanks,
ataknev

Case Approved after the Interview!!

Hi Everybody,

I had the interview at Newark office today. My I-485 got approved.

For all those waiting for the interview, sharing my experience. Reached the Federal Building at 970 Broad Street, Newark around 7:45 AM. Interview was scheduled at 9:30 AM. Waited at the queue to get into the building for around 30 mts. By around 8:15AM, security guards allowed us to get into the building after a metal detection door entrance. Just like in Airport scanning. Then we went to 13th floor by around 8:30AM. Since we have not taken any Attorneys with us for the interview, guard informed us to come back around 9:00 AM. He advised us to spent time in the cafeteria in the 2nd floor. Since, we had our daughter who is 2 years old with us, It was good to be in a comfortable area until that time. It was a good spacious place and had some snacks at the cafeteria. Came back to 13th floor by around 9:00 AM. Guard asked us to take the interview letter to the Window 2 of a room. This room is like a common lobby for all the people to wait until they are called for the interview. We gave our interview letter at the Window 2 and the receptionist asked whether we have an attorney to represent us for the interview. We said No. She collected our letter and asked us to wait until they call. Waited around one and a half hours, an officer called us for the interview. He first took our finger print and signatures. Lead us to his office where we took oath. Asked us to provide recent employment letter. He compared the current job specification to the approved labour job specification from the other company and said GOOD. Asked whether we have the medical papers. I said we had already submitted as part of the application and we don't have any new ones. He said it is okay. Asked whether we had any H1 extensions. I gave all my H1 approval INS papers. He said it is GOOD. Asked for marriage letter. Gave him the copies. Verified with the paper and the computer. Asked for Birth certificates. Provided that too. He said your case is approved. He stamped our passports with temporary visas.

So much relaxed.

When I was sitting at his office, I noticed so many piles of applications are lying in his table. So many....applications just tabbed with various EAC numbers one by one on top. It is no surprising that I got the interview call after 9 months of transfer. Hope everybody will get through it. WIshing you all the best.

Thanks to everybody who gave valuable informations and updates through this forum.

ataknev said:
desiladka,

send it to the service center where you applied the I-485 application. It would be VSC.They will transfer it to local office.

Thanks,
ataknev

Is that the only way to do it? OR is that the easiest way to do it? I am wondering if it would take a lot longer when we apply it at VSC and then they transfer it to Newark?

Thanks

desiladka said:
Is that the only way to do it? OR is that the easiest way to do it? I am wondering if it would take a lot longer when we apply it at VSC and then they transfer it to Newark?

Thanks

desiladka,

When my case was at Newark my lawyer applied EAD renewal with newark INS itself. Better to send newark itself.

Hi Savichin
I Have Been Following Your Past Posts And I Noticed That Your Card Came In Just 14 Days That Is Really Amazing ! I Just Want To Know Whether There Were Any Changes On Your Case Status Online After The Stamping
I Got My Stamping Done On May 25th At Nyc Since Than There Has Been No Updates On My Case Status Online And Just Wondering Whether It Will Ever Change Or I Should Just Stop Checking
Thanx In Advance
Tasneem

Even I applied with Newark office when my wife lost her EAD recently and they promptly returned the application advising us to apply with Chicago lock box. This is for EAD though. And me thinks it is always safer to go for the service center for AP application. They will do the necessary transfer.
Regards,
ataknev

De facto

romano said:
Wow !!! Bluegirl represented me on the forum ... De facto meaning Bluegirl is my agent ... De facto meaning Bluegirl is on the payroll ... Are two beers a month is good enough for you, Bluegirl ??! I spent all my cashflow on lawyers, Bluegirl, please don't ask too much ... But thank you anyway for your care and attention ... Nice to be taken care of :)
:) :)

Hey, De facto :eek: you are so so...funny!
Beers are not for me, but one cup of tea is not too much, is it :p
Good Luck for your interview! Hope 245i won't be a problem. I'd like to keep track your interview experience on this board. Don't disappoint us, all right? De facto!
BlueGirl

Got interview Letter

Hi,

I got interview letter today.

485:
ND: 09/2003
TD: 12/2004
ID: 08/2005

Asked to bring only passport and I-94? Are these sufficient or do I have to take any other documents. Also the interview is going to be with Mr. Peter W.Rodino. Does any one had interview with him. Please reply.

Thanks

Peter Rodino is the name of the newark local office building. I don't think it's the person you are going to be interviewed with. You can browse thru the previous pages in this forum to get an idea of what you need to take..

Also, could you tell if your case is EB2 or EB3 and what is your priority date?

Good luck...

You got interview letter just in 6 months. Can I expect the same?

Thanks

4852003 said:
Hi,

I got interview letter today.

485:
ND: 09/2003
TD: 12/2004
ID: 08/2005

Asked to bring only passport and I-94? Are these sufficient or do I have to take any other documents. Also the interview is going to be with Mr. Peter W.Rodino. Does any one had interview with him. Please reply.

Thanks