Newark local office transfer: tracker

Well, our transfer date was 7/13/2004 and we just got a FP notice (for FP that did not expire) and nothing after that.

Regards,
ataknev

ead renewal

Hi
My 485 was transferred to newark.Now I applied for my ead extension through my lawyer 3weeks back.Neither me nor my lawyer received any receipt notice.Cheque is not yet collected.How long I have to wait for the eac#.Any one who filed extensions recently Pl share yur experience.
Thank you

got interview letter

Got interview letter for Jun 30.
only asked for I-94, passport.

RD 02/02
TD to MSC 04/04
TD to Newark 08/04

This morning we were called to Newark office for an interview for my wife's EAD. We waited about an hour and half in line and then they called our turn. The officer asked my wife's passport and old EAD and verified and nodded his head and said they will process her card. Then I slowly asked him if I could ask a question about my wife's I-485 and he said yes. I asked when would they schedule an interview and he said it is scheduled for June 30 and we shoud get the letter in mail. I did not believe him but my atorney sent email that the letter for interview is received by their office and it is for June 30. I sighed a relief and said finally.... They asked for I-94 and Passport and nothing else.

What else should we take with us?

RD 3/18/2002
TD 7/13/2004
ID 6/30/2004

Regards,
ataknev

ead

HI ataknev
When did you apply for your wife's EAD?Why they called for an interview and how long it took to get eac#.?
thanks

subran,

I applied for her EAD in February, 2005 (4 months to go for expiry) to Vermont Service center and they transferred the case to Newark by March ending and then they called for interview on May 12.

Please let me know if you need more info.

ataknev

EAD renewal

Thank you so much.My case was transfered to newark last dec.I applied for my ead ext last month.To date I have not received any response.Cheque is not collected.I talked to my lawyer.She said you have to wait for some more time since it is filed at local office.EAD is valid till august.Really tensed.Is it normal that you have to wait 3-4 weeks or do I have to refile?Any suggestions is truly appreciated.

subran,

May be the processing is slightly different with local offices. But since I filed with VSC they automatically transferred it to Newark. However, waiting for some more time might help. If nothing happens by June ending then reapply with VSC directly.

Thanks,
ataknev

US return before Visa expiry

Hi,

All of our I-485s have been transferred to Newark office in October 2004. My daughter's H4 will expire on 07/19/2005 (stamped/revalidated on passport). My daughter is going to India in June and would come back on 07/17/2005, 2 days before the expiry of her H4 visa. We haven't applied for her H4 extension yet and her I-485 is pending at Newark office (local transfer). She doesn't have advance parole.

Does it make any difference if she comes back US 2 ahead of her visa expiry date? Do they ask for any other documentation? Is there any rule saying we should come back certain period ahead of visa expiry?

I am confused, please advise.

Thanks,
Surika

Last edited by a moderator:
InUS&Frustrated said:
I just got my case transfered. Any idea when Newark looks into scheduling the interview ?
It will take atleast 6 months for scheduling interview.
Best of luck..

Thanks for the Info !

1 Question: Do we know if Newark service center processes interview scheduling based on Labor approved date or I-1485 RD or 1st come 1st served basis ?

Thanks !

Transfered to Newark Again: same case

Also, find updated tracker file.

Friends, you won't believe what just happened.
My case got transferred to newark on 5/24/2005, for the 2nd time.

1st time it got transferred in september 2004, then sent back to vermont. Vermont transferred it back to newark on 5/24/2005.

Crazy world!

EAD 2nd renewal

Anyone's help is appreciated...

My 3rd EAD will expire by September of this year, and since 90 days before expiry is at least needed for the processing, I will be renewing it by first week of June2005.

My case was transferred to Newark Office from Vermont last Nov. 10, 2004. Do I have to file my EAD renewal in Newark Office? Or do I sent it direct to Vermont, and let Vermont decide to process it direct, or transfer to Newark?

Anybody who's on the same boat???

Confused :confused:

ead renewal

You have to file it at the local office where your file is located.This is what my lawyer told.I received notice from Newark 35 days after filing for my 2nd ead.I am instructed to go for FP.Any idea what all documents I need to take?

Yeah, got a interview date, but...

My husband was the major one for our case and he got an interview notice, but I didn't get one. My name was not mentioned in the letter either. But from this forum, I know all the couple go together. Is that my letter is one the way, or I just go with him anyway? What happended to you guys?

Also we never had or submitted any medical exam results, but the letter didn't check that. Should we bring one anyway?

only the first row is checked, which is

this letter, your passport, your I-94 (arrival/departure form), if any.

That's it. Will they ask for something that they didn't mention in the letter?

Thanks,

qyang0828

TD 9/23/04
interview date: 07/08/05 (almost 10 months waiting)