Newark local office transfer: tracker

pdramesh2000 said:
prlover,

use e-filing. it will assign the center automatically

pdramesh2000 ,

Thanks for quick reply.

For some unknown reason, I really don't feel comfortable with e-filing. So, I still want to use the traditional paper filing.

anyone here?

anyone with TD after Oct,2004 got interview letter from Newark? My case was transferred on Nov,3rd, nothing is happening so far.

So I guess nowadays, newark really dragged the interview scheduling time to around 6 months, right?

thanks for input,

I did e-Filing for EAD, need more info/help

pdramesh2000 said:
prlover,

use e-filing. it will assign the center automatically

I did eFiling on Jan11th' 05 and as per the receipt generated it said not to enclose any photographs and that you will get an appointment letter and they will collect biometrics there and then

Can you pl let me know how many days does it take to get an appointment letter. I have only 2 more months left to my EAD. I am concerned

Pl help

shivapvb

question regarding interview notice

fams said:
Someone pls. update tracker for me-I keep getting an error msg. My details:
Interview Date: 01/31/05
Notice Date: 01/07/05
Priority Date: 04/01

When they notified about the interview, did they send a letter to you or attorney or both? and did they update the status on the same day? And what did your previous status on the bcics website say? Thanks for your inputs.

I did e-filing in July 03. If I'm not wrong, you need call in 1-800 number to make an appointment. It indicated in the receipt of your electronic instruction. You don't need photo. It will be collected as e-photo when you go to local office for fingerprint.

EAD Renewal

BlueGirl said:
I did e-filing in July 03. If I'm not wrong, you need call in 1-800 number to make an appointment. It indicated in the receipt of your electronic instruction. You don't need photo. It will be collected as e-photo when you go to local office for fingerprint.

It specifically says do not self-schedule in automated generated receipt and that you will receive a notification letter in mail regarding appointment.

Could you pl let me know your experiences when you went inperson and also how soon u got the appointment

Also anyone with any EAD eFiling experience, pl help

Shivpvb

Transfer Date to Newark: 11/9/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracking Update (See excel file)

fams said:
Someone pls. update tracker for me-I keep getting an error msg. My details:
Interview Date: 01/31/05
Notice Date: 01/07/05
Priority Date: 04/01

All others on this thread and list, please make sure to periodically update the tracker, even after you got approved, it would be of great service to everyone else waiting. All on the tracker who volunteered their info have done a great service.

Maybe the procedure changed now, but check the following link, it may help you.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-photo.htm

Scheduling an Appointment for Fingerprinting and Photographs

Scheduling An Appointment for Fingerprinting and Photographs for E-Filed Applications
On completion of your E-Filed application, your Confirmation Receipt notice will direct you to call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833) to schedule an appointment with a USCIS Application Support Center for the collection of a digital photograph, signature, and fingerprint.

You must bring a copy of your E-Filed application, along with a copy of your Confirmation Receipt notice, to your appointment at the Application Support Center.

For these applications, USCIS cannot process your application until you have appeared for your appointment at an Application Support Center. The Application Support Centers listed below are NOT able to collect digital information at this time. You may be directed to another location that may be several hours from your home. Use the list below to help decide if E-Filing will be the best option for you.

Application Support Centers That Do Not Take Digital Biometrics Alternative Application Support Center
Charleston, SC Charlotte, NC
Jackson, MS Memphis, TN
St. Croix, VI St. Thomas, VI

Application Support Centers that are not listed above can collect digital information. See
Application Support Center Locations for a list of all Centers, and to find the location of a Center noted above.

Question regarding national 800 call inquiry

My lawyer has recommended not to call the national service center to enquire about case status too often. Is anyone aware if that can cause any harm to the applicaiton. He hasn't said its going to be harmful, but he said its absoulutely useless to call them. Besides, he said they put it on the file and feel its waste of their time if we call them, even though case is long overdue.

Any suggestions, thoughts, advice?

It seems there is absolutely no change of status for any of the folks in the tracker. We have all been hoping at the year-end that things would pick up in the new year. It's frightening to see people from August not being called for the interview yet.

This is a distressing wait, to say the least....

Hi Friends,
I have been trying to find for long time update for those who have/had received the notice from NSC saying that I485 is transferred for speed processing, but no updates from anyone after that.
Can anyone and everyone who received such a notice respond on this thread with there update as this will really help us to know as exactly what is situation.
:)

Transferred to NEWARK (NJ) on Sep 23, 2004 ...So Far No Interview Call

Hi All,

My details are:

485 RD : 11/04/2002
2nd FP : 08/24/2004
Transferred to NEWARK, NJ : Sep 23,2004

Updated the Excel sheet too..

savichin.

Stay in Cotrol

I would advise you to go to NSC and check on status of your application. Just in case. My application was sent to from NSC to Arlington, VA office by mistake, and no one told me about it (1-800 number is useless) I waited for about 12 months, then went to NSC, they accepted mistake, requested my case back from VA, I had my 2FP on Jan 5 2005 and letter for an interview on Feb 28 2005. Assuming that interview will be fine, totally I waited about 18 extra months on top of regular waiting times with VSC and NSC. So please make sure that your papers are in NSC and everything is OK.

ginnu said:
---only files with EB3 and PD after 1 jan 2002( India , china, Phil, born) will freeze your PD is march 25 2002, not to worry much the PD movement after feb will show how it is moving, apply your EAD AP on time or maintain H1 status

I have an employment based I-485 application pending and that is transferred to local office at newark on last december. My current EAD will expire by 28 may.

Should i send the EAD application to Vermount or lcoal office at newark or Chicago lockbox?
Today i had a talk with immigration office at newark regarding it. She told me that family based application should send it to Chicago lockbox and my application should send it to Vermount.

What is your suggestion about it?

Thanks in advance.

3rd EAD renewals at Newark local office...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joeshibs,

My lawyer applied for our 3rd EAD renewals at Newark after the local transfer. Got the recepits with MSC extension. Dont know exactly where it has processed. May be I think it is National Benefits Center. Both approved on JAN 24 and got the cards too. Hope it helps you.

Thanks
AD (Self & Spouse) : JAN 24,2004
Receipt Number : MSC**********
Employment based.

savichin said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joeshibs,

My lawyer applied for our 3rd EAD renewals at Newark after the local transfer. Got the recepits with MSC extension. Dont know exactly where it has processed. May be I think it is National Benefits Center. Both approved on JAN 24 and got the cards too. Hope it helps you.

Thanks
AD (Self & Spouse) : JAN 24,2004
Receipt Number : MSC**********
Employment based.

I had a talk with an immigration officer at Newark and she asked me to file at Chicago Lock Box Office. I had sent my papers and I received MSC numbers(Missouri Service Center, I guess). I received my reciept notice from MSC and I was asked to take FP, Photos, Signature at local INS close to my home. I did that and then LUD changed, but so far no news at all.

I dont know how long it would take for me to get my EAD's. For the 90 day period, do you count the Receipt Date or the Notice Date?

Reading your posting, it looks like all applications that were transferred to local office needs to be sent to Chicago Lock Box as filing at local INS office is also forwarding the same at Chicago.

Good to hear that you received your EAD's with in 2 months. Its been more than a month since I filed my EAD renewal. I would be happy if I get the same..

Did you do FP/Photos/Signature at the local INS office??

Thanks

joeshibs said:
I have an employment based I-485 application pending and that is transferred to local office at newark on last december. My current EAD will expire by 28 may.

Should i send the EAD application to Vermount or lcoal office at newark or Chicago lockbox?
Today i had a talk with immigration office at newark regarding it. She told me that family based application should send it to Chicago lockbox and my application should send it to Vermount.

What is your suggestion about it?

Thanks in advance.

You better send it to Chicago Lock Box Office.

Want GC Soon said:
You better send it to Chicago Lock Box Office.

Here is the statement from I-765 application form (page #9 , PDF format)

"If your response to question 16 is (c)(9), file your application
at the same local INS office or Service Center where you
submitted your adjustment of status application."

And Check out this also (Page #1, PDF Format)

"This affects aliens residing in the locations above who are filing Form I-765, seeking employment
authorization under 8 CFR 274a.12 in the following categories:
--------
------
• (c)(9)—Aliens filing a family-based application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) who are presently required to file with the USCIS local office having jurisdiction over their place of residence;

-------
-------
-----
These aliens must submit their Form I-765, and all supporting evidence to the Chicago Lockbox Facility
listed below.
The Direct Mail address for the aliens mentioned above, seeking employment authorization is:
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

"

Yes. I did it my FP/Photos/Signature at the local INS office at Phily which is near to residence.
thanks..

Want GC Soon said:
I had a talk with an immigration officer at Newark and she asked me to file at Chicago Lock Box Office. I had sent my papers and I received MSC numbers(Missouri Service Center, I guess). I received my reciept notice from MSC and I was asked to take FP, Photos, Signature at local INS close to my home. I did that and then LUD changed, but so far no news at all.

I dont know how long it would take for me to get my EAD's. For the 90 day period, do you count the Receipt Date or the Notice Date?

Reading your posting, it looks like all applications that were transferred to local office needs to be sent to Chicago Lock Box as filing at local INS office is also forwarding the same at Chicago.

Good to hear that you received your EAD's with in 2 months. Its been more than a month since I filed my EAD renewal. I would be happy if I get the same..

Did you do FP/Photos/Signature at the local INS office??

Thanks

savichin said:
Yes. I did it my FP/Photos/Signature at the local INS office at Phily which is near to residence.
thanks..

Hi Savichin,
When did you file your EAD, and when did you complete your FP/Signature/Photos? Any LUD changes after that? My case is transferred to local office and I dont know what I did is right, filing at Chicago.. Are we guys right filing at Chicago, since many say that Chicago office is for family based 485's. How long do you think that it would take for us to get our EAD's?