Newark Interview - Why?

No Title

i have eb2 india , i-485 case still pending

ND- 3/1/00
FP- 4/5/01

checked with iio and said FP is fine.

any one is in similar situation?

No Title

I got my interview notice on 05/18/2001. Interview day is 06/09/2001. Will see you guys in Newark. Only I got interview notice. It has medical form too. Notice did not say anything about my wife and my daughter. Do I take them with me on interview? Do they need to redo their medical too? They send only one medical form. I am going to do my medical. Will check this site after lunch.

No Title

Hi waitwatiwaitforever,
CONGRATS, I got my transfer notice on April 3rd and have not got a date for the interview yet. I moved from Piscataway to Plainsboro last year, I was told at Newark that my case would be scheduled at Newark.
I should have not the notice by this time, just don\'t know why.

Do you live in Central/South Jersey?
Thanks,
Itsajoke.

No Title

Hi waitwait...

In my case the interview notice is on my wife\'s name who is dependent in our case. But the notice also mentions family ("MyWife\'sName & family"). But I guess we get only one interview notice per family ? I will ask my lawyer and post more details.

BTW what time is your interview ? mine is at 9:20am (6/9/01)

Wish you good luck.

No Title

I live in Marlboro (it is in Central NJ). My interview time is 9:00 AM. Notice is on my name only, nothing about family. My lawyer did not get his copy yet. I guess I will take my family with me, just in case.

Notice also says bring affidavit of support (not clear for whom). I work (this is EB GC processing and I am primary applicant), my wife also works (on EAD). So what is this affidavit of support for? I think they have some standard form for interview notice that lists all things regardless how they are relevant to case.

No Title

hi wait...

Yes. It does say about Affidavit of support. I am planning to download from internet and take with me.

Also, do we need to take copy of out labor clearance and I140. I am not sure about this. Can you please get more info about this ?

Thanks
dna

No Title

itsajoke et al.

Finally I had an interview at the newark office on 5/19. It was a breeze, no lawyer. The first question he asked me was do u work for the petitioner currently. I said yes and he said ok 80% of the battle is over. Then he proceeded to do some clerical stuff like checking my new medicals, going over the employment letter etc. I am probably the worst case out there -
PD 11/95 General labor and all the BS. Six yr. H1 ran out in 1999.

itsajoke, i see ur case is badly stuck in newark and it seems you are in Plainsboro. I suggest you go to the office of Rush Holt near Princeton Junction train station. - he is the rep. from NJ 14th. district, they have an immigration dept. I never believed in these things till i went and was surprised to see a whole dept. just for people like us. Take advantage of their budget allocation.....

No Title

Congrats versad12. Hope you are no more sad.

Can you please give us some details on other questions ? Also, did they check your tax returns and w2s or just employment letter ?

How much time the whole thing took ?

We will really appreciate your detailed experience and would give us some moral support !

Thanks and good luck for future.

No Title

Hi verysad12,

Thanks for the info. Do you know the number to the Senator\'s office.I am trying to get through and it just keeps ringing. If you do have it please post it.

Thanks,
Itsajoke.

No Title

Congratulations, verysad12!!!

Did you go alone or you take you wife, kids (if you have any) with you? Was interview notice on your name only?

No Title

Hi wwwf,

I had posted my experience on another thread, you might want to check that out. The aff of support is not really needed. If they insist they\'ll ask you to fill one out there, otherwise you have to take a notarized one. While in an employment case it is not needed, but an odd officer might ask. Do not bother unless it gives you more peace of mind to get one (remember ti has to be notarized, if you are taking it with you).

It is a good idea to take your family along since the GC is for family as well and most letters are addressed as \'... & family\'. If you have already submitted the medical you might not need one, best is to check with your lawyer if you need to redo your medical or not.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@@.ef09cd8

All the best

No Title

Hi Waitwaitwaitforever,
Check the right side top of the interview notice .. it should mention more than 1 "A FILE numbers" & they should be for your wife/daughter etc ..they\'ll probably not get a separate Notice for interview .. take them along for the interview in any case with all the necessary paperwork.

No Title

Hi DNA,
I (gaganK) also got the interview Notice on my "wife\'s name & family" though I\'m the principal applicant but my lawyer said it\'s OK since the interview notice has both File numbers i.e. Alien numbers(or A#) on the R.H.S top. ..look for that.
  How does the INS know our wives are the bosses at home?? : )
Hi WaitWaitWaitForever,
If your wife works then just get her Job letter & Pay Stubs for 2 months & you don\'t need the Affidavit of support anymore.

No Title

Thanks for advise guys. Interview notice has only one A FILE number (mine). I checked with lawyer. He suggested to take whole family with me which I am going to do. Also we are redoing our medicals (just in case).

No Title

I have one year(16 months)old son (American citizen). My lawyer adviced me to take him with us on interview day. Should I take him or not?

No Title

Hi there,

I am also in your shoes. Today I got a notice from VSC that my case has been forwarded to Newark.
Not sure why. Some background, - I also run my own company and have H1 through my own company. And, after the portability clause, I joined my own company full time. I did get RFE some time in April, where they had asked for W2 and pay stub etc. I submittd W2 from the company where I filed GC from (left htat company in Nov 2000) and pay stub from my company . I also have EAD from my company.
I am kind of worried why I would be required for interview.
If you have some information, please let me know. May be we can talk some time.
Thanks
NS