Newark Interview - Why?

No Title

Hi gagank

congrats ... can you please tell us what is the notice date on that interview notice ? what date was it mailed to you ?

Where is your interview ? Newark office ?

Also, can you please post your RD/ND ?

thanks
dna

No Title

gaganK2 - a few questions - I am next in line - transferred on 04/03/01
I changed address after I-485, filed for change of address, got transfer letter from VSC at new address - never received FP at new address, used lawyer\'s copy for FP.
I live in Plainsboro, NJ - I wanted to know where u live and at which
office is the interview - Newark or Cherry Hill. Also, was the letter sent as regular mail or something for which you/friend had to sign to collect it.
Please let me know and good luck for your interview

thanks

itsajoke

No Title

Hi DNA/ItsAJoke,
Thanx! Notice Date:- 05/09/01 & I received it on 05/11/01 on my old address in Edison, NJ i.e. prior to I-485, as regular mail. It was also CCed to my lawyer.
Interview office:- Newark, NJ
Interview dt:- 06/01/01
Category:- EB3
Priority dt:- April 98
I-485 filing dt:- Sept 20th, 99
EAD:- Dec 99
FP:- March 200
Any good websites where I can find Newark Interview experiences??
ItsAjoke,
your add might have changed at Vermont not in local office (Newark),
My new add is also in Edison, NJ.

No Title

Gagank, did not you have mail forwarding on your old address? I moved too and I got transfer notice to my new address. Looks like they will send interview to old address even I notify INS about my new address and received my and my wife\'s EDA to new address. Transfer notice came to new address too. But looks like Newark does not know anything about new address although Vermont does. I have mail forwarding and I hope that post office will forward interview notice. I am now thinking that I should not have moved after I485 was filed. Advise for other people: while in GC process never change your address. Also looks like address change had triggered RFE in my case.

No Title

Hi gagank,

try

http://www.kamya.com/interview/aosint_1.html

It has lot of experiences, though most of family related, but still useful ! Please post if you find something.

BTW, are you planning to take a lawyer with you ? If so, is he the same one who filed your appln or different ?

Thanks and wish you good luck.

dna

No Title

Dear Experts

Did anyone living in TSC area and applied to VSC got their approval recently with ND/RD in Feb 00 range? I live in Dallas, did my FP in Dallas, Called IIO some 10 days back they didnot recieve my FP results yet. I was wondering if any one else in same boat. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
s_a_kumar

PD 3/99, ND 2/15/00, RD 2/23/00, FP 3/22/01 EB2 RIR India

No Title

No Lawyer for me! People say lawyers could be more trouble than help if your case is a straightforward one. So, take a lawyer only when there\'s a complication like change of company after I-485 etc.
   A copy of Interview notice is also sent to your lawyer so even if you changed your address you\'ll get the notice.
   I had my mail forwarded to my new address also but that lasted only a year & I had to make friends with the new occupant.
   Thanx for the URL dna, I\'m sure I\'ll use it.

No Title

gagank, congratulations! you can get approved at the same day.
when did you do your medical exams?

No Title

Hi,

My case was transferred on 02/05/01, from VSC to Newark office. These are my details:

PD 03/18/96
ND/RD 06/99
FP 06/00
EAD - renewed
Case transferrred 02/05/00
Interviewed on 03/19/01
Status - Waiting for "A" file. (During transfer, VSC send my temporary "A" file to Newark, Newark office is waiting for my original "A" file. I don\'t know where is my original "A" file.)
Iam waiting a call/letter from newark office.

No Title

went to NEWARK today to check my case
----
here is my experience -
left home at 6:45 am reached at 7:40 am
there were around 100 people in line already
for the \'walk-in\' line - waited there till 8 :30 when the first
batch got moved from the road to the building (the road was better)
- the building has a waiting room on the outside with 2 ceiling
fans and we were huddled into it - around 11 am I got into the building and waited there till 11:40 to get a token to check my case
- around 2:45 am I got my turn and asked the IIO about my case giving
him the transfer notice and a proof of identity - he said that my case
is "being scheduled" and thats all he can say since he doesn\'t have any other info. He said that he will pass on my query to the scheduling department. I asked him whether my case will be interviewed in Newark and he said yes and I asked him about change of address and he said that he cannot see that info on his screen.

My details : PD -03/99, ND/RD 10/99 Transfer Date 04/03/01

- itsajoke (its not a joke anymore for me - its really really painful)

No Title

Thanx for your best wishes Steve1999,
But until I see the stamp on my passport I won\'t be least bit satisfied... I hope everything goes well ..we all know that this
system \'HAS ENGINE OF A LAWN MOWER & BREAKS OF A ROLLS ROYCE\' ... so, not counting my chickens yet!
   My medicals were done in OCT 99 i.e. filing of 485 & so they are expired (valid only for 1 yr) & I\'ll be re doing it soon ..another expense of $430/- for the 2 of us. 1 question I had about FP\'s do we need to redo them (our FP\'s were done in March 2000)? Do they expire in sometime ..I mean FP\'s don\'t change overtime like health.
   I\'ll update you guys on how things turn out! & All the very best
to all of you : )

No Title

Hi friend,
Newark somehow does not get updated on the address change, they sent 2 interview notices ...1 to my lawyer & other to my old address even though Vermont had been sending me EAD\'s etc at my new add.
    My mail forwarding had expired (over 1 yr)so I made friends with the new occupant of my old address ...& he updated me when the notice arrived.

No Title

thanks for the info. I might have to do it again.
fp is valid for 1 & half year, so it\'s still good. sure the fp doesn\'t change, but your record might change. e.g. if you would have committed any crime and got fp done by any law enforcement, they\'ll keep the record rest of your life and after life. just bring whatever they asked you on the notice to the interview.
good luck and keep us updated.

No Title

This is my first post, even though I\'ve been following this forum a long time.
I received my Interview notice today for Newark on Jun 9th.
Transferred from Vermont to Newark on April 16th.
EB3, Regular, India
PD : 6/96
ND : 1/27/00
FP: 3/01/01

No Title

Congrats luckyme9 and thanks for sharing it with us.

Can you please answer a few questions ? This will really help all of us who are waiting for interview notice from Newark.

1. What all documents are asked in your interview notice ? Also did it say anithing for medical again ?
2. Who received the interview notice ? you or your lawyer ?
3. Had you changed your address after filing 485 ? If so where did the interview noitce come ? at old address or new address ?
4. Did your comapany name change or did you switch job during GC process ?
4. Are you planning to take a lawyer with you ?

Sorry for so many questions but this will really help us in getting prepared for the interview !

We will appreciate your response.

Thanks

No Title

Hi,

I just checked the message on AVM. It says just this "A written decision has been mailed to you on 17th May". What does this mean? Approved, Denied, Intent to Deny, Transfer to Newark, etc. etc.

Share your experience, guys and alleviate my concerns.

Thanks in advance
Manish

No Title

All the originals, including new medical report.
Both me and lawyer. No change in address/company. No bcoz the interview falls on saturday lawyer says it\'s not necessary to take lawyer, but it may change.

No Title

Surprisingly I also received my interview notice today. I am really surprised as my case was transferred just 2 weeks ago. (5/4/01).

My notice just says, bring passport, all original documents, and I94s. They have also sent new medical forms, so I guess we have to medical again.

My details
PD 2/97
RD 12/99
ND 01/00
Transfer date 5/4/01
Interview notice revd on 5/18/01
Interview date 6/9/01

luckyme9, what time is your interview ? mine is at 9:20am. I will see you there !