Newark interview question, NIW-- lost job

re- sorry my detailed information

Dear All:
I have a question to ask about my upcoming interview in Newark for my I-485 NIW case.
I applied as a postdoc in an university and NIW I-140 was approved in April 2003. In April 2004 I changed job to a company conducting similar work. One year later, the company I was working for in big trouble and I also lost my job.

I am very concerned about my interview since the interview letter stated that I bring employment letter alone with passport, I-94 and medical record.

Can somebody share your experience or give any advise? Would be any problem? The NIW does not require a job offer however the interview notice asked for it, what would happen if I tell them that I am currently jobless? Will getting a temporal job be helpful?
Thank you very much!

sheepny

I am also NIW and I had interview recently at Baltimore office. They asked me for employment letter and last W-2 and last paychecks (i had all that).
Someone posted similar info like yours, he had no job at the time of interview but he had a job offer in another state (Florida), he showed it on interview and it was ok. You may search for this posting.
Maybe you should try to get an offer as soon as possible so you will have such letter. I think it should be an offer for a job matching your NIW I-140 description.
Maybe it would be ok if you do not have a letter, i really do not know...yes NIW case does not require an employment but if you will be unemployed INS maybe would have some doubts in the fact that you deserve that NIW...

Re

Thank you so much compass,
I have received an offer verbally in conducting similar work,
I will get the offer letter as soon as I can.

Best regards and good luck to you!

sheepny