Newark Interview expwrience and some question

waitingforins2

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Today I attended Interview in Newark. (Yeah can you believe it? It was horribly cold, breeze, ice, no taxis mess on the road etc etc:)

Int time was at 8:20am. Reached there at 7:20am. and stood outside in the line in the cold and breeze for about 20 minutes and then they let us in.

On 15th floor they check the interview letter and an id to let you in.

Gave the letter at counter 1. and then sat and waited.

an officer called my name in 20 minutes. went into his office and he first made me swear the oath. then sat down.

then he gave me the news that there will be no "oath" ceremony today. I was disappointed but well what can you do:(

then he asked 10 questions. made me read a sentence on a paper pasted on the wall and made me write a sentence" I came to newark for interview today".
while answering the question he told me I should say "The constitution", "The supreme court" etc.
Oh yes since I filed application, my wife became US citizen and we had a son. so gave him 2 papers with corrected information.

In the end he gave me N-652 which has following checked:
1. You passed history and civics examination.
2. A decision will be mailed to you.
3. Following checked
"Congratulations..your application is recommended for approval" and may other checkboxes checked below that e.g you should inform of change of address, you should come for oath ceremony etc.

My questions for the Gurus here:
1. They didnt take my GC or anything..would they do it at the oath ceremony?
2. Does N-652 an congratulation mean I am done.
3. Is my understanding correct that I am NOT a US citizen till I take the oath?
4. He told me I should "hopfully" get oath letter by the end of the month. Does it take long time? anyone in Newark have any experience to share?

Wish everyone all the best.

My Timeline
PD-11-apr-2007
1st FP-05/07
NC cleared in Nov 2008
2nd FP 12/2008
IL-1st week of Feb 2009
Interview Done-Mar-02-2009
Oath letter-?????

1- They didn't take it away because you still need it. You are still a LPR and not a USC yet so you would need your green card to travel or for employment purposes until you attend the oath.
2- It means you are put in queue for the oath, not done yet, but almost.
3- Correct

Best of luck!

Hi,

Today I attended Interview in Newark. (Yeah can you believe it? It was horribly cold, breeze, ice, no taxis mess on the road etc etc:)

Int time was at 8:20am. Reached there at 7:20am. and stood outside in the line in the cold and breeze for about 20 minutes and then they let us in.

On 15th floor they check the interview letter and an id to let you in.

Gave the letter at counter 1. and then sat and waited.

an officer called my name in 20 minutes. went into his office and he first made me swear the oath. then sat down.

then he gave me the news that there will be no "oath" ceremony today. I was disappointed but well what can you do:(

then he asked 10 questions. made me read a sentence on a paper pasted on the wall and made me write a sentence" I came to newark for interview today".
while answering the question he told me I should say "The constitution", "The supreme court" etc.
Oh yes since I filed application, my wife became US citizen and we had a son. so gave him 2 papers with corrected information.

In the end he gave me N-652 which has following checked:
1. You passed history and civics examination.
2. A decision will be mailed to you.
3. Following checked
"Congratulations..your application is recommended for approval" and may other checkboxes checked below that e.g you should inform of change of address, you should come for oath ceremony etc.

My questions for the Gurus here:
1. They didnt take my GC or anything..would they do it at the oath ceremony?
2. Does N-652 an congratulation mean I am done.
3. Is my understanding correct that I am NOT a US citizen till I take the oath?
4. He told me I should "hopfully" get oath letter by the end of the month. Does it take long time? anyone in Newark have any experience to share?

Wish everyone all the best.

My Timeline
PD-11-apr-2007
1st FP-05/07
NC cleared in Nov 2008
2nd FP 12/2008
IL-1st week of Feb 2009
Interview Done-Mar-02-2009
Oath letter-?????

Congrats ! Was your case a very straight-forward one ?

pretty much

Yes,

I had 2 traffic tickets that I disclosed but he didnt ask anything about them. Just asked what type of work I do.