Newark Interview Experience

shans

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to share my interview experience with the folks on the board. I had sent in my N-400 sometime during the week of Oct. 25, 2004. I got fingerprinted on Nov. 22, 2004 and received my interview letter during the week of Apr. 11, 2005. The interview was scheduled for yesterday, June 22, 2005 at 2 PM at the Newark DO. I reached the BCIS office around 1:30 and went directly to the 13th floor, where I submitted my interview letter at the first window. I was called in for an interview around 2:45. The officer was very courteous, and asked some very simple civic questions. He made me write one sentence in English and then informed me that I had passed the interview and that I should wait for the oath ceremony. I was done with the interview and test by 3:10 PM. Around 3:30 the lady at the first window started calling out names and collecting the oath ceremony papers. This dragged on for a while and finally around 5:00 everyone was taken to the 16th floor for the actual oath ceremony. After the oath ceremony we got to see a couple of videos (one from the President himself). I was done by 6:00 - the whole process was smooth and painless.

During the entire process I never checked anything (online status, FBI/CIA/Name checks etc.). So on the whole, it took about 8 months from the start to finish. I think what helps Newark DO office is that they administer the oath the same day as the interview which helps to shave months off the naturalization timeline.

newark interview experince

well Congratulation, l had my interview since September 11th.2004 and up to date am waiting for the FBI name check. Good for you. l called FBI , fax , email , nothing has been heard only left all things to the Good God, who knows the better time for his children. Do pray for me.

Question

Hi Shans,

Congratulations on getting your citizenship!!..

Question though .. did you have any traffic violations ? (Were they declared on N400?). Did they ask for any documents pertaining to that?.

Very anxious about my interview ...

Thanks

Manoj

Manoj,
I do not have any traffic violations so I did not declare anything of the sort on the form. I doubt that BCIS would care that you have traffic violations, I think they are just concerened with real crimes like theft, violence etc. Hope this helps.