NewArk INS office does not stamp passport any more after approval, was there today

Sher

Registered Users (C)
NJ Newark INS office does not stamp passport any more after approval, was there today

Could you please give more details about your visit to Newark?

So what do they say then? Ask you to wait for the plastic card? More information would be appreciated.

This is true

Before stamping, they have to do one more round of background testing it seems. We were given a form to fill out phone no & address and ouf finger prints, docs (i-94 + AP) were taken by them and they said that we will be intimated as to when to come back for stamping. No body knows how long this will take as this is a new directive from monday and as per the IIOs, they repeat the same info & are not very sure about the new process. This is nationwide it seems.

Good Luck

Strange

Is it true ( as one of the poster says ) that they take away your AP and I-94, take your fp, address and tele # and send you away asking you to wait for them to call you to come in for the pp stamp. Sounds weird!!! What if I need to travel ( No I-94 so no departure record. No AP so can\'t get in added to it since there is no departure record all kinds of red flags will be raised). Even if they call you the very next day ( doubtful since INS is never that fast and then it could be weekends too) it might even be against INS rules to take away these documents.
Sher or anyone else with this experience please elaborate. May be they give you a receipt/temporary document that you could use for travel

This is scary

How long do they take to inform you back? Where is the proof that we can show to prove our legal status?

RD July16 spoke to IIO today

Hi there folks

After trying for almost 1 hour got thru to VSC then was on hold for 23 minutes, and eventually spoke to a very helpful and patient lady officer.

I explained to her that my RD was July16 and had late FP on March 26 02, and also that my EAD was expiring on SEP 17, and that my wife and my 2 sons were filing as my dependants.

She requested me to be on hold while she was going to check the whereabouts of my file, she returned after about 5 minutes and apologised for the delay, and said that my case had been assigned to an officer, and I should hear something in the next 4 or 5 weeks.

About the late FP she said that she could not really give me a positive reply as there were many reasons governing that situation. and that there were many cases that had late FP, but that should not have a adverse effect on the I 485 approval.

About my EAD expiring she said that as its expiring on sep 17, I shoud wait till maybe june 10 before applying and maybe I would get my approval by then, and if by then I dont have an approval I should renew my EAD for myself and my dependents.

About my wife and kids she checked the Eac #s and verified the names and address and then assured that they were all together assigned to the same officer.

I profusely thanked her and hung up the phone, after that I put all my calls on hold and offered a prayer of thanks to god, and now I have my fingers ant my toes crossed hoping to hear something before june 10.

I do hope this helped all my july filer friends.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Khanna, GreatyK, Milk, and others who are taking the trouble by maintaining various lists, which definately help in keeping people like me SANE.

Details

Details:

1. Came to INS at 7:45 am
 2. Went inside at 8:35 am
 3. Sit in the room 1022 at 8:40 am
 4. Building emergency evacuation at 9:45 am. All people and clerks went out of building
 5. Security check again to return in building at 10:35 am.
 6. Sit in the room 1022 around 10:55 am again
 7. our numbers were called, we gave all approvals, EAD, photos at 10:35 am.
 8. officer took our FP and signature and she made copies from all originals, passports, approvals, EAD ...
 9. officer returned all originals and EAD, and new form "Security background check" with data on it,
 10. Passports were not stamped.
 11. We asked why ? She answered that the new mandatory regulation affective since May 15 (today), it requires 3-4 weeks for background check, and after that we will be notify by mail to came in INS and stamp passport.
 15. I asked her Can I travel aboard ? She said no until GC will arrive or passport stamped
 16 It is all.
 17 We were very disappointed
 18. Came home and call to Vermont, spoke with IIO, she conformed new regulation also she said that this is rule for all INS centers since today.

So, guys no more stamps in passport on first visit.
I guess somebody else will conform me today or soon.

I am very disappointed, because I need to go on business trip in June

I did my FP on the mid of December and there is less then 6 months yet. They say they do this security check for all applicants not just for I-485 only

Officer told us that is only prove of our status is Approval letter this is why she took just photo

Officer told us that is only prove of our status is Approval letter this is why she took just photo copy of it

same case did not get PP stamped at Newark today

They took AP. So I cannot travel. So disappointing...

could NOT get PP stamped at Newark today due to additional background check

They took AP . So I cannot travel. So disappointing...

I can believe sher but whats with 48501 or whatever number it is

You guys come up with innovative ways to scare people. I can believe sher but whats up with 48501? He or she gave original AP to the officer at INS office and i guess he/she did not even think what if he/she has to travel outside US. I don\'t believe it. So 48501 if you really given your original AP with out asking any question then there is no one more stupid than you. So either you are extremely stupid or your just posting it to scare people.

Started Monday.

This new background check rule started Monday.
They will send the details to Airports who have
access to Super Database - IBIS or IRIS I was
told. There is already a huge backlog. So just
hope - thats what we can do. Also NO TRAVEL.

No Title

I guess that 3-4 weeks would soon become 3-4 months as the back log builds. That means they have introduced another stage in GC processing.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@20.pn8Cb5VxcWa^13@.efe5318

Details posted by a user
sp7 "Imp changes to walk-in EAD and AP processing" 5/15/02 3:03pm

mdinva, in fact you are stupid

Jerks like you really piss me off. Sher and 48501 are saying exactly what is going on and doing others a favor by keeping everybody informed. I was ther today and Sher is right about what happened. Regarding AP or anything else, you would be doomed if you ask any question at INS.

Lets hope this new back ground check is done soon so that we all can move on with our lives.

Both Sher and 48501 are correct

My friend also had to give the AP.
In the first floor they asked give all the papers including EAD,original and copy of approval, passport in an envelop.
Later in the 7th floor, the officer gave kept the copies of the documents, AP and returned other stuff.
It is not fair on their side to keep the AP.

BWT 48501, on the back side of approval letter you can find, right on the top, it says "Please

BWT 48501, on the back side of approval letter you can find, right on the top, it says "Please save this notice for your records ...", You should not allow them to take the original