• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New Zealanders in the 2012 dv lottery?

Mathew540

Registered Users (C)
Just wondering how many kiwi's who visit this forum have entered for the 2012 dv lottery?
If any Kiwis won the 2011 dv lottery or any of the DV lotteries please let me know how the experience was?

Hi Mathew -

My husband was a DV2011 winner. We live in Australia, but I was born in NZ, so he used my country of birth to enter (since he was born in Canada and they are unable to enter)...nice bit of irony there, is that he is also an Australian citizen who could only win using his wifes kiwi heritage, hehe...

Anyway, our case number is quite high for Oceania, so so far our experience has been a heap of initial excitement at actually winning, and then a great big long wait for our number to become current in the meantime....which should hopefully be around June/July.

You can read a lot about the experience in the 2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia thread...it may not be NZ but surely pretty close? ;-)

Did you enter the DV2012??

Hi TamaraM

Great to hear your Husband was a dv winner. I'm sure it's very exciting, I hope all goes well even with your high case number. Let me know how things work out for you.

My Wife and I both entered the 2012 dv lottery, So we will see if luck is on our side. I''ll go take alook at the Lottery Winners from Australia thread, Always great hearing people get thier dream.

I first travelled to America in 1992 when i was 17 and feel in love with it.

Dv 2011

Hey guys, I'm a Kiwi living in New York for the last couple of months, was selected for DV 2011 and processed it through the Embassy in London. My wife and I received our actual green cards and social security numbers a month or so ago. My case number was OC000000XX so obviously quite low. Processing at the Embassy was pretty easy, just need to have all the correct documents. Arriving at JFK was a breeze, only took 5 minutes to get the paperwork done on arrival. Getting to grips with the American way of life is taking a little longer! This was my second entry into the lottery, let me know if I can help with anything.

Devoyage

Congratz on the green card devoyage. Good to see some kiwi's getting through. How are you finding New York?. if I get selected I'll be heading to Seattle, Wa, Have always enjoyed the west coast on visits.

hi to all aussie and kiwi lottery entrants -

Our family has so far won the dv lottery twice ! - Family consists of 1 kiwi ( husband) myself ( uk born so ineligible ) 3 kids all aussies.
Have been entering the DV lottery since 2002 - two years we paid fees to "service" comapanies, then entered our selves from 2004.
In DV 2006 our daughter won ( as she was over 18 had been entering individually) she now lives in New York as freelance animator.
In DV 2009 husband -Kiwi born -won - so myself and youngest daughter - 20 all got LPR -completed August 2009 - immigration USA December 2009
We have been travelling back and forth since then as we have business/property sales in Australia .
Are now hoping that our son - who missed out as he was over 21 when husband won may crack it this year - will be third time lucky
****One interesting fact for all the aussies/kiwis and other oceania entrants when we were being processed ( thru SYDNEY ) the processing officer told us
that it is the only post that hase LEFT OVER visa numbers ( due to the low number of entrants! ) after the cut off date - so i think most aussies/kiwis shouldn't worry about a high number! good luck to all - geena16

I also was over 21 years old when my parents moved over to America. My Brother and Sister were under 21 at the time and went with my parents, they have since married and living in Seattle, Wa.
My wife and i are trying for the DV lottery this year, So we well see what happens. See if LUCK is on our side this year. !
Good Luck to everyone else also.