New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Labour Application

Hi Guys,
If some one is already in the 6th year of H1 and gets laid off, can he get a 7th year extension with another company. He has his labour file (obviously from NY ) back in 2003. He would also need to apply for a fresh GC application with the new company.
Is that possible ?

Response would be greatly appreciated.

ks1974 said:
Hi Guys,
If some one is already in the 6th year of H1 and gets laid off, can he get a 7th year extension with another company. He has his labour file (obviously from NY ) back in 2003. He would also need to apply for a fresh GC application with the new company.
Is that possible ?

Response would be greatly appreciated.
CompanyB can get 7th yr extension based on labor filed with CompanyA. So, file 7th yr extension and file fresh labor as well immediately so that you are no longer dependent on labor from CompanyA.

Few Questions

Hello,

I have applied my labor from New York state on July 2002 in EB3 Catagory. I would appreciate if someone can answer these following questions.

1- Has my application is already sent to Backlog reduction centers?

2- If not, approximately when would it be going?

3- Approximately, when would it be cleared from Regional?

4- Is it a wise idea to re-apply in Perm in EB2 catagory as I have Masters with 10 years of experience? Would the EB2 priority date also would retrogress in the future?

Thank you

cubiclefun said:
1- Has my application is already sent to Backlog reduction centers?
It might be sent. However due to huge amount of cases NY DOL did not send everything by due date, which was Dec 31 2004.

cubiclefun said:
2- If not, approximately when would it be going?
They say everything should be sent by end of March 2005.

cubiclefun said:
3- Approximately, when would it be cleared from Regional?
My lawyer estimates total RIR processing time in 4-5 years now. It means your case will be cleared in the end of this year or in 2006.

cubiclefun said:
4- Is it a wise idea to re-apply in Perm in EB2 catagory as I have Masters with 10 years of experience? Would the EB2 priority date also would retrogress in the future?
It is not good idea. First of all, you need to remand your existing application, then apply PERM. However your priority date will be saved, it means that your PERM processing time will be significantly more than 90 days. 90 days is for persons, who did not have previously applied RIR or regular LC.
I would suggest to wait for first PERM results.

It's like

they are trying to be funny... They publish new info on their site, but it's basically everything we already know. Noone says a thing about SHIPPING THE DAMN LETTERS and ONCE ANSWER IS RECEIVED, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE'EM TO PROCESS...

This is a joke!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just went back to their web site. Let me know if this reasoning makes sense, as well as if the data I'm looking at is correct.
I found that it says that whole backlog will be completed in 24-30 months. if the LC backlog is between November 2001 and December 2004, that is 38 months of LC in ALL regions. Are they stating that they will be handling 38/30 months of data (little more than 1 month), per 1 calender month between now and 30 months (I'm taking the 30 month bracket) from now? this is a very gross estimate, because I'm taking all cities/regions/processing centers into account...

It it takes 2-3 years , One day they will end up creating Backlog center for 2 BEC's
Something like BBEC - Backlog of Backlog Elimination Centers ........Crazy!

what would the folks in NY SESA would do?

As all the applications are sent (going to be sent) to Backlog centers , what would the folks sitting in NY SESA would do?

Does it mean whatever applications they receive in 2005 , they would approve it very quickly? May be in months time? I dont know what is gonna happen?

are they going to look after perm?

are they going to be fired?

zgubi said:
Ok, I just went back to their web site. Let me know if this reasoning makes sense, as well as if the data I'm looking at is correct.
I found that it says that whole backlog will be completed in 24-30 months. if the LC backlog is between November 2001 and December 2004, that is 38 months of LC in ALL regions. Are they stating that they will be handling 38/30 months of data (little more than 1 month), per 1 calender month between now and 30 months (I'm taking the 30 month bracket) from now? this is a very gross estimate, because I'm taking all cities/regions/processing centers into account...

- The oldest cases are from January 2000 not November 2001
- There is not an even distribution of cases by month.

I guess NY DOL will not ship physically the cases.
Some news mentions NY SESA will be hooked up ( linked to) BEC center database ????
Does anyone know if this is the case ...

Status
Not open for further replies.