New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any converters to PERM??

Could everyone discuss with the lawyers and post over here?

12/24/2004: PERM Conversion and Recruitment Campaign

For Indians, Chinese, and Philippines nationals, whose labor certification applications have been and will be pending on or before March 26, 2005, it is extremely important that they seek conversion without losing priority date because of the retrogression of the EB-3 visa numbers from January 1, 2005. It is very important that they understand the rule of conversion and the recruitment requirement so that they can initiate recruitment campaign as soon as possible and refile his/her case after March 27, 2005 under the PERM program. Accordingly, we will discuss here two subjects which are in a way time sensitive for the purpose of initiating the PERM recruitment process.
Conversion Rules: The PERM regulation allows the employers to withdraw the pending labor certification applications and refile a new application under the PERM system. Here the employers should keep in mind three points:
Once the pending application is withdrawn, the new labor certification must be filed within 210 days.
The new application must satisfy at least two conditions. One is that the new application should satisfy all the eligibility requirement for certification under the PERM regulation. Secondly, the new application should maintain "identical" job which was provided in the pending application. Here "identical" job means, the new labor certification should be the same for the following items:
Employer
Alien
Job Title
Job Location
Job Requirements
Job Description
However, the PERM regulation considers any accepted/approved amendments to the pending labor certification application up to the time of withdrawal to be "initial" application. Accordingly, should the employer need amendments to the pending applications for the purpose of a successful filing of the new application under the PERM regulation, the employer should seek promptly such amendment before the employer launches the recruitment campaign for filing of a PERM regulation. For instance, should the employer find some job requirements which may be considered unduly restrictive requirement, they should amend it before too late. The current labor certification regulation permits other amendments without losing priority date and without affecting the ongoing labor certification process. All the necessary amendments must be taken care of very quickly.
Recruitment Requirements: The PERM regulation preamble states that the effective date of the PERM regulation is set at 90 days rather than 60 days or any shorter period of time is to allow the employers time to engage in the PERM recruitment process before the regulation takes effect, March 27, 2005. Since the recruitment campaign should be performed during six months prior to filing of a PERM regulation, the employers have sufficient time to initiate the campaign now. The PERM regulation requires different level of recruitment depending on the level of occupations. The employers should strictly adhere to these requirements.
Nonprofessional Occupations: Nonprofessional occupation means the occupations that do not normally require a bachelor's degree. For these occupations, the PERM regulation requires only "mandatory" steps, which include:
Job Order with the state workforce agencies in the area of intended employment. The national bank search job order must remain at least for 30 days. The employer should collect the document showing starting date and ending date of the job order from the state agency.
Two Sunday Daily Newspaper Ads: The ads can be ordered consecutively immediately after the first ad. The PERM regulation removed the current practice of requiring 28-day interval between the two ads. Accordingly, the employer can place one ad next Sunday, for instance, and the second ad, the following Sunday. The second ad must be published at least 30 days prior to filing of the PERM application.
Professional Occupations: Unlike the nonprofessional occupations, the professional occupations requires "Additional Recruitment Steps" on top of the foregoing "mandatory steps." Professional occupations mean the occupations that require minimum of a bachelor or higher degree. These steps are as follows:
Mandatory Steps:
Job Order
Two (2) Sunday edition local newspaper ads. For the jobs that require a bachelor's degree without experience requirement, two newspaper ads are absolute requirements. However, those jobs that require either experience on top of a bachelor's degree or an advanced degree, the employer can combine one newspaper ad and one professional journal ad. For instance, in computer jobs, employer can place one ad in the local Sunday paper and one ad in the Computerworld.
Additional Recruitement Steps: On top of the mandatory recruitment campaign, the employers are also required to engage in at least three (3) additional campaigns out of the following 10 options. One of the three steps can be completed even less than 30 days prior to filing of the PERM application.
Job Fair: Ad or program should name the employer name.
Employer website: Dated copies of the ad page.
Job Search Websites: Dated copies of the ad page. The PERM accepts electronic version of advertisement by the newspapers that run the print ads under the foregoing mandatory step as a proper campaign to meet this additional recruitment step option. Accordingly, if the employer orders newspaper ad and the paper automatically carries the ad on the newspaper website because of the newspaper's company policy, one print ad will satisfy one additional recruitment requirement without paying any extra cost for electronic ad of the newspaper! Employer should print out such dated electronic ads.
On-Campus Placement Office: Collect a statement from the college and university placement office that it was posted with the name of the employer and date of interviews conducted.
Trade or Professional Organizations: Copies of pages of newsletters or trade journals of these organization carrying the employer ad.
Recruiters or Employment Agencies: Copy of contract with such firms and copy of the ad by such firms.
Employee Referral Program with Incentives: This was a very popular recruitment source when the economy was good. Some companies offered a car or expensive computer. Employer should keep dated copies of the employer notices or memos advertising such program to the employees with specifying incentives offered.
Campus Placement Offices: Copy of notice of job opportunity provided to the campus placement office.
Local and ethnic newspapers: Copy of the ad page.
Radio or TV Ads: Copy of the text of the ad along with a written confirmation by the radio or TV that it was aired.
Required Text of the Ads: The foregoing recruitment campaign must be conducted with a proper text. The PERM regulation requires the following in the ads:
Name of the employer
Statement directing applicatns to report or send resumes to the employer
Job description sufficiently specific to understand the job
Geographic location of the job
Wage does not have to be printed, but once the employer opts to advertise the wage, it must not be less than prevailing wage
Requirement or duties should match with the labor certification application to be filed.
Specific terms and conditions of employment does not have to be printed, but once the employer opts to advertise such information, it must not be less favorable than those offered to the alien.
PERM labor certification application does not require proof of the foregoing documentation at the time of filing. However, the Certifying Officer can ask such documentation or in the situation of the audit, the employer must make these documents available. Additionally, the employers are required to keep these evidence for five (5) years from the date of filing of the PERM application. It is thus critically important that the employers develop a good record keeping and management system inhouse.

my case is EB3 and filed on Aug/2002, I'm from china.
is it worth to 'risk' losing the priority date and file PERM?
since I have to waite for VISA quota, is it ture that I'll not
lose much time just let BEC to process my RIR while waiting for
the I-485 date moving from Jan/2002 towards Aug/2002?

my second question is , since EB2 is current, dose it mean that
EB2 will use up all VISA quota and do not give any chance for EB3
to move forward?

any suggestion is appreciated.

bigL said:
my case is EB3 and filed on Aug/2002, I'm from china.
is it worth to 'risk' losing the priority date and file PERM?
since I have to waite for VISA quota, is it ture that I'll not
lose much time just let BEC to process my RIR while waiting for
the I-485 date moving from Jan/2002 towards Aug/2002?

my second question is , since EB2 is current, dose it mean that
EB2 will use up all VISA quota and do not give any chance for EB3
to move forward?

any suggestion is appreciated.

I would rather explore conversion to PERM vs. just refiling on PERM. Conversion allows you to keep your priority date.

EB3 has its own set of visa numbers. In fact unused numbers of EB-2 get passed down to EB-3. So the answer to your question is "no".

The BEC /Philly is really lousy , the following is a copy from related thread, BEC/philly tracker. It looks that they haven't touch on any SESA cases yet, the fist patch of 45-DAY LETTER is for 11000 cases from DOL that transfered to Philly around Aug-Nove,NY SESA cases were only transfered from Nov-Dec, so I guess, NYSESA cases will be processed after March only. If they clear cases from all federal DOL first, NYSESA cases won't be touched untill the end of 2005.
NY SESA cases of 2001 and 2002 is the worst worst of all situations!

Updates on BEC/Philly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you, who have not yet received their 45 days letter and may be for others.

Today, I visited BEC/Philly center which is located at following address.

One Belmont Ave
Suite #200
Bala Cynwyd, PA.

I went to the office and there is no reception center. However, I spoke with a woman and she sent two supervisors/Managers to speak with me. They have not provided any useful info, but they asked me to share following info. with all the people like me.

They are not providing any information on any case. They said, they are meeting several people like me almost every day. On repeated requests, they said, they are working 200000 cases from various DOLs of US. They said, they have entered around 11000 cases pertains to DOL/Philly during the months of Aug-Nov and they are sending 45 days letters now on those cases. When I explained them that, my case was filed around three years back, they stated that, they are having the cases with priority dates of April 2001. They are going to evaluate only after receiving the response on 45 day letters in chronological order.

God knows, when my dooms day will arrive.

My details are as follows.

My case started on RIR.
Sent my case to state SESA on 02/13/2002
Case forwarded to DOL/Philly on 07/21/2003

The BEC /Philly is really lousy , the following is a copy from related thread, BEC/philly tracker. It looks that they haven't touched on any SESA cases yet, the fist patch of 45-DAY LETTER is for 11000 cases from DOL that transfered to Philly around Aug-Nove,NY SESA cases were only transfered from Nov-Dec, so I guess, NYSESA cases will be processed after March only. If they clear cases from all federal DOL first, NYSESA cases won't be touched untill the end of 2005.
NY SESA cases of 2001 and 2002 is the worst worst of all situations!

Updates on BEC/Philly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you, who have not yet received their 45 days letter and may be for others.

Today, I visited BEC/Philly center which is located at following address.

One Belmont Ave
Suite #200
Bala Cynwyd, PA.

I went to the office and there is no reception center. However, I spoke with a woman and she sent two supervisors/Managers to speak with me. They have not provided any useful info, but they asked me to share following info. with all the people like me.

They are not providing any information on any case. They said, they are meeting several people like me almost every day. On repeated requests, they said, they are working 200000 cases from various DOLs of US. They said, they have entered around 11000 cases pertains to DOL/Philly during the months of Aug-Nov and they are sending 45 days letters now on those cases. When I explained them that, my case was filed around three years back, they stated that, they are having the cases with priority dates of April 2001. They are going to evaluate only after receiving the response on 45 day letters in chronological order.

God knows, when my dooms day will arrive.

My details are as follows.

My case started on RIR.
Sent my case to state SESA on 02/13/2002
Case forwarded to DOL/Philly on 07/21/2003

JustWatching said:
I would rather explore conversion to PERM vs. just refiling on PERM. Conversion allows you to keep your priority date.

EB3 has its own set of visa numbers. In fact unused numbers of EB-2 get passed down to EB-3. So the answer to your question is "no".
thanks a lot.

How long it will take more?

I applied for LC in NY under RIR and my PD is April,2002. I want to know that how long it will take more to get labor approved? Does it make sense to apply under PERM or should I just wait?

Thanks in advance.

Read from NY Regional DOL thread -- someone's case entered in regional DOL system on 10/12/2004 and it got cleared three days ago (12/27/2004).

Philly BEC

Anyone from NY sesa year 2001 know whether their cases are being sent to Philliy BEC ? If so then when ? SO far nothing has happened. These guys are creating more backlog ...

PD August 2, 2001

das_go said:
Is there anybody who is still waiting from <= sept 2001 and haven't got their labor cleared from NY SESA.
Mine as per my lawyer is 2001 sept but if i check at NY DOL AVM its still not there. No query from SESA yet. I have no idea where my case is ...

Is there anywhere i can call and check it out ?

I have not heard of anything either since the response was filed to my inquiry in July, 2004. My PD is August 2, 2001. I was told the case sits at one specific department (prevailing wage) and has not moved forward yet. But my salary should not be a problem. The attorney office has responded. I am not sure how long it is normal to wait. Anyone knows?

Thanks,

New Year Wishes

Folks, lets hope that 2005 would bring us some cheers. Wish you all a year full of happy days.

Query from sesa

Anyone who received query from NY sesa in the month of July 2004 or later and got their case approved after the reply?
Mine is still hanging in there and as far as i know these guys have stopped working on any cases for last 4 months. waste of time...

Wishing everyone a very happy new year.
Have been an observer of this forum for some time now. With the new year, thought to be a part of it.
RIR filed July 2002
I am a little concerned about these letters which are going to be mailed by BEC to our lawyers. My lawyer's office has moved its location twice in the past 2 years, and i am not sure if he has mail-forwarding arrangements.
Any suggestions as to what should I do? Anybody else in the same dilema.
:confused:

Hi I am new to this Forum. My NY Labour was filed on October 2001. My lawyer has not received any response so for and i have mailed her many times to find out, and she is not able to get through to talk to any body for the last few weeks. She has been trying to contact the NY Labour State office. Is there any other way I can find out if my labour has moved to Federal Labour.

Green card quota

I called my lawyer, what she told me is that currently there is no activity in processing the LD, everything is going to the backlog center and there is no estimate when the backlog center starts working.

plus, there will be quota for green card application for people from Chiina, India and some other Asian countries. the cut off date is 1/1/02, if you file after that date, even your LD get approved, you still have to wait another year to wait for the quota.

miserable. my case was filed 1/19/02.

anyone can cast more lights on how the Quota works?

Last edited by a moderator:
corretion

Looks like the Quota is on a monthly basis.

QWE123 said:
I called my lawyer, what she told me is that currently there is no activity in processing the LD, everything is going to the backlog center and there is no estimate when the backlog center starts working.

plus, there will be quota for green card application for people from Chiina, India and some other Asian countries. the cut off date is 1/1/05, if you file after that date, even your LD get approved, you still have to wait another year to wait for the quota.

miserable. my case was filed 1/19/05.

anyone can cast more lights on how the Quota works?

srimoorthy said:
she is not able to get through to talk to any body for the last few weeks. She has been trying to contact the NY Labour State office

As I know the only way is to try and try make a phone call to them again.

srimoorthy said:
Hi I am new to this Forum. My NY Labour was filed on October 2001. My lawyer has not received any response so for and i have mailed her many times to find out, and she is not able to get through to talk to any body for the last few weeks. She has been trying to contact the NY Labour State office. Is there any other way I can find out if my labour has moved to Federal Labour.

No one might be in due to Holidays. Start calling again this week

Status
Not open for further replies.