New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
gcby2020 said:
PERM Cleared12/10/04

The White House announced in the dawn today that it cleared the long-awaited PERM final regulation of the U.S. Department of Labor. The exact date of release of this regulation in the federal register is unknown and left to the DOL, but it may not take too long to release this regulation. The Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, DOL, previously stated that once the regualtion was published, it would have 60-day window period of time before the PERM program would be actually launched. Now, PERM is reality and no longer the subject of speculation.
The current labor certification system of RIR, Limited Review, and Regular labor certification applications will soon disappear and be discontinued. The National Processing Centers in Chicago and Atlanta will go into full operation of the new labor certification applications named PERM as soon as the 60-day window is opened. For the development of this news, please stay tuned to this website

Can someone please explain to me what is PERM ? and what impact it has to us ?

My PD is Jan 2002 / EB3 ..... will this affect me ?

what are the risks if you do that?

ahalem said:
It is 485 not 285 , and you can change employer after 6 months of applying , you 140 should be approved by then

I'd love to hear that, I submitted my LC Jan. 2002, so hopefully by the end of next year I will be a free bird? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Is there any risk if you change employer before the 485 is approved?

Thanks

what your lawyer said is not true

Oberton said:
According to my lawyer NY SESA has stopped RIR processing during last three or four months. I asked him "why"? He answered (with a smile :D ) that goverment does not have needs in their processing. Generally it is true, however NY SESA probably waits for sending of all cases to backlog processing centers.

my colleague submitted Sept. 2001 and got approved early November. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hello all,
I have been a silent visitor of this website. This forum is great.
Let me tell abt my case. I filed my Labor in first week of october 2001.
I haven't cleared it yet. There was some problem with my case. After being approved, my papers were sent to US DOL regional office from NY DOL...but US DOL never got it. So, my Attorney has asked NY DOL to fax the papers to himself..... but he hasn't received anything as yet. So, i don't know where my case is lying now. completely clueless!!!
Any suggestions on how to track my case? :confused: :(

It seems Jluy 2004 is almost cleared in regional office

I just checked with AVM on 212-337-2193. It seems they almost finished all July cases. Early Aug cases (prior to Aug 10) are also processed.

SWAs are suppose to mail all applications upto december 2002 to BEC's. If my application was filed in Feb 2002; any guesses on when will our company's lawyer be getting a notification on that. I am one of the unlucky ones and it is almost impossible to contact our company's lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cases from sept 2001

Is there anybody who is still waiting from <= sept 2001 and haven't got their labor cleared from NY SESA.
Mine as per my lawyer is 2001 sept but if i check at NY DOL AVM its still not there. No query from SESA yet. I have no idea where my case is ...

Is there anywhere i can call and check it out ?

das_go said:
Is there anybody who is still waiting from <= sept 2001 and haven't got their labor cleared from NY SESA.
Mine as per my lawyer is 2001 sept but if i check at NY DOL AVM its still not there. No query from SESA yet. I have no idea where my case is ...

Try this number 212 621 9374. Your attorney is supposed to be the one calling but you can give it a try.

situation

das_go said:

It is just like my case filed at the end of August. No news at all. My employer is preparing the written request/fax for NY SESA to see if it was cleared there and just stuck in Regional (lawer's recommendation). NY SESA doesn't respond over the phone.

we should have Info from NY SWA

1. DOL Transition Watch : Region VI Update

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. have been receiving many questions from clients, MurthyBulletin subscribers, and MurthyDotCom visitors regarding the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) transition issues. One of the most frequent questions is whether, or when, permanent labor certifications will be moving to Backlog Elimination Centers (BECS) or National Processing Centers (NPCs). On December 13, 2004, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) liaisons shared the results of their meeting with the Region VI Department of Labor (DOL) and the California State Workforce Agency (SWA). These reports identify challenges that this region, and very likely that the other regions, are facing in this transition.

DOL / SWA TELECONFERENCE

Region VI (San Francisco, CA)

The DOL Regional Director indicated that all 20,000 cases transferred from Region VI (San Francisco, CA) to the BECs were the cases with the oldest Regional Office (RO) receipt dates. There are still 8,000 to 10,000 cases with the RO. The Regional Director speculated that it is possible Atlanta, GA and Chicago, IL will also work on the backlog reduction if PERM is not implemented. RIR and regular cases received from the California SWA after September 2004 will not be entered into the RO database or processed in any way. The RO is awaiting instructions on how to deal with these cases. This means that a person who needs a receipt notice for an H1B one-year incremental extension will not be able to receive that receipt until the file has been sent to a BEC, an NPC, or has been cleared to be processed at the RO.

For RIR cases, the RO is continuing to work on California cases with RO receipt dates of December 2002 to March 2003. The remaining cases with RO receipt dates from July 2003 through September 2004 were transferred out of the RO. Non-waiver California cases with RO receipt dates of October 2003 or later will be transferred. The RO will continue to process California cases received January 2003 through September 2003. The RO is retaining enough work for the next six months. The Regional Director speculated that it is still possible for the DOL to have six major processing centers: Dallas, TX; Philadelphia, PA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; and San Francisco, CA. There has been no final word on such a plan, however.

Region VI has lost all temporary employees. This means that the analysts are also performing clerical work as part of their job duties.

Washington SWA

The Washington SWA gave its definition of what constitutes an "open" case. The Washington SWA interprets "open" to mean "start processing" or to review the application and accompanying documentation and either sending an assessment letter or transmitting the application to the DOL for further processing.

After January 1, 2005, the Washington SWA will only work on cases that have had an assessment letter sent to the employer or the employer's attorney by December 30, 2004. The Washington SWA is not going to send out letters for the cases it transfers, but cases filed after January 1, 2005 will receive a receipt letter. This receipt letter will indicate that they will transfer the case to the Chicago NPC upon receipt of instructions from the DOL. The Washington SWA stopped opening non-RIR applications on November 15, 2004 since it takes them 10 weeks or more to process a non-RIR case from start to finish. They have also stopped performing Prevailing Wage Determinations for non-RIR applications. The BECs are expected to complete Prevailing Wage Determinations. The Washington SWA will continue to process RIR applications until December 30, 2004.

Nevada SWA

The Nevada SWA indicated that it defines "open" as a case that has been picked up for assessment and on which work has begun. The Nevada SWA is continuing to work on RIR and non-RIR cases.

California SWA

The California SWA is working on applications received in April 2001. They are inputting any new cases into the system but they will not progress unless someone is available to work on them. The SWA backlog is 2-3 years. They are trying to finish open RIR cases and regular permanent cases in recruitment and final documentation stages. They are not starting new recruitment on traditional labor certifications at this time.

California SWA Teleconference

As of December 9, 2004, the California SWA had approximately 62,000 cases and a staff of eleven. There are roughly 37,000 cases with priority dates between April 27, 2001 and December 31, 2002. There is concern that the SWA will only be able to ship around 15,000 of these cases by December 31, 2004, although they are all due at the Dallas (TX) BEC by this date. The California SWA has approximately 25,000 cases filed after December 31, 2002, and receives on the order of 1,500 new cases per month. It currently takes the California SWA about 3 weeks to issue a receipt. They are not sure if they will have all backlogged cases to the Dallas BEC by March 31, 2005.

The California SWA is looking into a system to indicate which cases are still with the SWA and which cases have been transferred. They have not, however, made a final plan as yet. They still have eleven Special Handling cases, and many of these require assessment notices, so they intend to seek guidance from the DOL. The California SWA continues to receive remands, which are in boxes. They plan to open these to return them to the regular labor certification queue according to priority date.

There are miscellaneous cases that require certain requested information. The California SWA asks that all requested data be sent to them as quickly as possible.

Conclusion

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. hope that this information provides a glimmer into the transition process. It shows that it may be some time before all transfers are completed and the BECs have all of the cases they intend to process. We will continue to monitor these developments, to keep MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers apprised of the situation.

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
1. DOL Transition Watch : Region VI Update

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. have been receiving many questions from clients, .............

What does this all mean for NY filers ? I don't see any mention of our plight ?? :(

Perm

Does any one know if PERM is in effect?
I have filed my LC applicatoin with NY state in Jan2002.
Would I be allowed to apply again with the new PERM processing as the new process only takes 21 days?

Thanks.

Case sent to BEC Philly

Does anyone know if the cases from NY sesa has been moved to BEC yet?
Is ny sesa working, i mean cases being approved and sent to DOL or packed for BEC.
Mine is still stuck at sesa.

Anybody having info please let me know.

LaborPains said:
Does any one know if PERM is in effect?
I have filed my LC applicatoin with NY state in Jan2002.
Would I be allowed to apply again with the new PERM processing as the new process only takes 21 days?

Thanks.

PERM rules may be published very soon, see the appropriate topic in the main thread.
They say it would be possible to convert the existing RIR to PERM, however you need to provide new advertisements according to the new rules.

The say PERM will be difficult for passing.

das_go said:
Does anyone know if the cases from NY sesa has been moved to BEC yet?
Is ny sesa working, i mean cases being approved and sent to DOL or packed for BEC.
Mine is still stuck at sesa.

Anybody having info please let me know.

What I read on murthy.com was all unopened cases upto and including december 2002 should be submitted to BEC's by december 31, 2004. RIR cases will be boxed seperately from non-RIR cases. Not sure how long would it take BEC to enter these cases into their system and start sending 45 day letter.

Sit Tight

Suhel said:
What does this all mean for NY filers ? I don't see any mention of our plight ?? :(

The only thing it means for NY filers is sit tight and continue doing the handjob.

And when over say " Ahhhhhaaa NY SESA..... once more"

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Happy holiday everybody, may next years comes with all of us complaining about how slow is the I-485 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.