New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news for RIR LC of software engineers?

:(
I heard from our lawyer that most RIR software engineer LC applications are now denied. The applicants must go through the regular process, which is another several years down the road. My employer is one of the biggest in the IT industry and hadn't had many layoffs. So, it's unlikely this is a specific problem to the company but rather a problem of a broader scope. Does anyone have their RIR approved recently as a software engineer? If so, what is your skill set please?

The software engineers usually have DOT code of 030.062-010

Many thanks.

Bad news for RIR LC of software engineers?

:(
I heard from our lawyer that most RIR software engineer LC applications are now denied. The applicants must go through the regular process, which is another several years down the road. My employer is one of the biggest in the IT industry and hadn't had many layoffs. So, it's unlikely this is a specific problem to the company but rather a problem of a broader scope. Does anyone have their RIR approved recently as a software engineer? If so, what is your skill set please?

The software engineers usually have DOT code of 030.062-010

Many thanks.

NY DOL avm

Dear Friends,

Does any one has any idea on the "case status AVM (212)337-2193" at NY DOL? like how soon they update the case status info. on the phone retrieval system? and is it getting updated ( daily/weekly/monthly basis? ) also, how accurate is the info. ?

good luck to all.

NY RIR EB3 Skilled Worker Category

Has anyone recently received approvals for RIR EB3 Skilled Workers from NY DOL? What is your application mailing date?

Rumor says NY SWA will take another year to clear April 2001 cases for skilled workers and other workers, is that true?

Odrick,

Could u pls let us know your profession..that may help us assess the current quandary that we have been hearing....thanks

Hi, Odrick:
thanks for the reply. Can you tell us your skill set? Is your position a software engineer? that is, is your DOT code 030.062-010?

Thanks.

DOT code

Originally posted by nylcvictim
Hi, Odrick:
thanks for the reply. Can you tell us your skill set? Is your position a software engineer? that is, is your DOT code 030.062-010?

Thanks.

I will check with my Attorney and let you know the DOT code.

Thanks
Odrick

Fathi1718: skilled or professional?

Fathi:

How do you figure yours is skilled? Jrinny posted before saying positions requiring a BS degree are considered professional. I think I read something similar a while ago. Would somebody shine some lights on this? Is EB3 automatically in the skilled category? Thanks.

iknow mine is EB3, RIR, NY, & SO FAR NOTHING YET, EVEN THOUGH MY P.D. IS APRIL 26TH, MY LAWYER TODAY SAID APRIL 24TH, IS GOING ON, NOW, I KNOW FOR SURE E.B. 2 IS PROFESSIONAL, & IF ANYONE WHOZ EB3, HAS RECIEVED ANY REPLY, PLEASE POST, & GUYS THIS IS JUST MY THEORY, GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US.

professional or skilled?

EB2 or EB3 is not considered at the DOL stage. You only have to be filed as RIR and one of the following 4 categories - professional / skilled / unskilled / household. The EB2 or EB3 comes into play only when the application moves on AFTER THE DOL stage is completed.

can anyone confirm this please?

For example, I have been filed as RIR from NY, Professional, and I will be filed as EB3 once my DOL is cleared.

Re: professional or skilled?

Originally posted by pdiddy75
EB2 or EB3 is not considered at the DOL stage. You only have to be filed as RIR and one of the following 4 categories - professional / skilled / unskilled / household. The EB2 or EB3 comes into play only when the application moves on AFTER THE DOL stage is completed.

can anyone confirm this please?

For example, I have been filed as RIR from NY, Professional, and I will be filed as EB3 once my DOL is cleared.
Hi, pdiddy75 and other experts:

I ran through the Form ETA 750, I did not find any item in the form to enter one of the item listed above: ie. professional, skilled, unskilled, household.

I suspect it must be minimum requirement to serve as the major criteria for categorization, if there is such a categorization in DOL.

I don't think any category set by applicant (employer or lawyer) himself is valid, since it could only be stated so in the cover letter and DOL has to read the letter to agree with applicants' justification. The time and effort (for category not processing) that DOL can not afford to.

In addition, I have impression that most beneficent of 245i are likely at skilled level for their employment, if this is true and DOL procession varies with various “categories”, then professional guys would have had received their response much sooner than now.

Dose any one have comment, please post!

Does this mean that the case is from April 2001 or March 2003?

Case # : 02491633
DOT Code : 030.162-014
DOT Description : Programmer Analyst
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $77000.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 03/13/2003
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 04/01/2003.

Hi, Navis:
The date received in regional office is not the same as the priority date, which is roughly the mailing date of the application. From the information you gave out, there's no way to tell that. Usually, people here talking about the processing time of NY SESA in terms of the priority date.
Is seems that this case was mailed in April 2001, is that true? What is the priority date exactly?
Your answer could shed some light on us.

Thanks.

Hi mike 10000

what's your source that NY DOL is now processing june 2001 ?? Have you recently seen any approvals of cases filed in June 01?

I got following messeage from my lawyer last friday :

"As for your RIR (the application filed with the NY Department of Labor), it
is very hard to estimate how much longer it will be. NY DOL had indicated
that they had finally completed all RIR cases filed in April 2001, however,
they have now reversed themselves and indicate they are still processing
the last week of April 2001 filings. I am not sure if you are aware, but
due to a law, there was a brief period of time when people who were here
illegally could file applications for green cards under a sort of waiver.
The end of this window of time was April 30, 2001, so a huge number of
cases was filed during that month. NY DOL estimates it received more
filings in that month than it usually receives in a year, so that is why it
is taking so long. September 2001 may also be a month with a high number
of filings due to another law, but it should not be as bad as April 2001. "

Any comments ? What is the law in September 2001 ?

Even the rep Immigration Department of my company told me that 'for some companies' June 2001 are being processed.

Hi, Guys:
After seeing mike1000's posting, I contacted our lawyer. Here is the response I got:

"You are right that they are processing a few professional cases in June (mostly still May) 2001...."

hopefully they'll get over 05/2001 cases soon.

Kohls:
do you know the criteria they chose "some company" for June 2001 processing?

Actually even my rep was perplexed over this inconsistency. Maybe soon we'll get more info.

Request to everyone reading these boards.... please do update everyone else on the board if you know of someone who's cases are moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.