new york city transfer case

485 case transferred to NYC

Hello All,

Mine is a simple case of GC in EB2. RD 04/01. My case was transferred to NYC office on 02/12/02.

Any idea why is a case transferred to the local INS office? Is there anyone who got a interview call in less than 4-6 months?

Are all NY cases getting transferred?
Any information will be very helpful.

info more?

Any new info for transfer cases? How long does the it take when it is transferred for processing?

garden city interview

Hi there: Thank you very much for your best wishes, it turned out like what we all wished, the interview went well, but my passport hasn\'t been stamped yet, because the nice young lady told me that the passport stamp is only for Friday, today is Wednesday and she said we have to wait for until June to go back to get our passport stamped, no another interview for us on June. Does anyone has friend who has the same experience?

The interview is easy, just asked some routine questions, but make sure to bring all the documents that they ask for.

Wish everyone good luck!

After I get my passport stamped, I\'ll let your guys know. If you have any questions regarding the interview experience please feel free to ask me.

Congrats. Do you need to wait till JUNE to get your PP stamped?

You wrote "passport stamp is only for Friday, today is Wednesday and she said we have to wait for until June to go back to get our passport stamped". I am confused. Are you going next Friday for stamping or you have to wait till June? Once approved means - it is final. why anybody should wait for 4 months to get stamped in passport?

I will appreciate if you clarify.

Thanks

No Title

Hi Wu,

Congratulations!

I\'ve a quick question. About medical report, what paper do they want. Because when I did my medical test, whatever the report was they (the place where I did) gave a report already silled to me and I just turned to HR. I don\'t have any copies with me, not even what expense sheet. Is is possible to get it from the place where I did medical checkup. Can you please explain what question did they asked. I am still waiting for interview appointment from them.

-barboy

No Title

Hi there: That is the question I asked her, because I know it used to like that when the interview finished, you got your passport stamped. But that day I asked her why we have to wait so long she said she just know that it\'s till June that we can have our passport stamped, but she emphosized that next time when we can back just stamp the passport no interview.

No Title

Hi there: You should do the medical again.
They just ask some routine questions such as your date of birth, nationality, what job you do in your company etc. Don\'t worry it is pretty easy, just bring every documents they ask for.

Approved..

Finally I received letter from Garden city NY that my case has been approved and I need to go on April 12 - friday there for I89 form procesing and/or passport stamping?

ND sept 2000... July 2001 transfer date to NY.

what a relief. Can\'t wait till stamping..
Questions: What do I need to bring for stamping?
           I am going on Friday - so I hope there is no future date for stamping. - right????????\'

So guys keep the hopes ...
ntl

No Interview

No Interview - There was a rfe in october 2001 from garden city for tax returns.

any news from nyc office

Congratulations!!! There seems to be some progress in Garden City. Any updates on NYC cases?

no postings

I don\'t see any messages on this board. Is there another discussion board about NYC tranfer cases? Come on guys. Say something.

Long wait

My case was transferred on Oct 16th 01. I think the guys before
this date some of them who got transferred after me also had the
interviews and got stamped. I am going to mail box every day hoping
to get a letter from INS, it seems my long wait is not getting
over any time soon. Any comments

tracking progress

Does going to the NYC INS office to check the status help? Anyone has any exp. with that?