new york city transfer case

No Title

ntl, Sampson wu,
please could you let me know if the letter was sent to you and your lawyer or only to your lawyer.

nt1, I read you got an rfe some time back was this addressed only to your lawyer or did you also get a copy.

Sampon wu, was your interview letter addressed to you and your lawyer or only your lawyer

Thanks

had a rfe in october to me and lawyer both

anotherlongwaiter -
I had received rfe and cc to my lawyer on oct 2001 and after that no news.. I wonder what is happening !!!!!!!!!!! What else to do?
ND sept 2000 xfer date JUl 2001.

ntl

No Title

Hi anotherlongwaiter: I didn\'t hire any lawyer, all the letters from the INS came to me. For the interview, I\'m thinking to hire a lawyer, but I don\'t know if it is a good idea or not.

Inquiry where? Garden city or Federal Plaza NY

Hello RRSUNNY1 and other gurus,

I have received rfe from garden city NY on October and case was transferred to Federal plaza NY on July 2001.
I did send rfe back and no answer yet.
Now I want to personally go and enquire about case - where should I go?
Garden City - Is there any enquiry counter like federal plaza?
Federal Plaza - will they have info about case in garden city?

Need some help here.

thanks & regards
ntl

Inquiry at New York INS center

Hello gurus,

ND sep 2000.
I have received rfe from garden city NY on October and case was transferred to Federal plaza NY on July 2001.
I did send rfe back and no answer yet.
Now I want to personally go and enquire about case - where should I go?
Garden City - Is there any enquiry counter like federal plaza?
Federal Plaza - will they have info about case in garden city?

Need some help here.

thanks & regards
ntl

hello ntl.

you can enquiry about case in nyc office,it doesn\'t matter. Alsoo can u post u r exact date of xfer so that i can track mycase. ItIt got xferd in aug i think on 24th. mean wile if go to nyc office,go to 8th floor.good luck. thanks in advance

25th july 2001

25th july 2001 ... last time I went to 3rd floor. May be 8th floor is right place.. Please confirm 8th floor.

regards
ntl

is it worth to inquire?

RRSUNNY1,

Is it worth to inquire - since I will be spending full day - 3-4 hours travel plus wait time at federal plaza..

thanks
NTL

hello ntl

its really worth, 3rd floor u have to wait to long 8th floor much faster may be about 20 mins.

Need Help - Deportation case

Hi everyone:

I need help from you all. While I was in School (98), I was charged by INS and they filed a case Deportation on me (March 98). Because, I can only work 20 hours per week but I work 24 hours each week. They arrested me and keep me in jail for 5 days and got out paying a bond of $5000.00. In 98\' I also graduated from College (June 98), and apply the PT. I was approved and a company offered me a Job as well (Sep 98). They apply for my H1 after four month (Jan 99) and got approved on Apr\'99 for three years. By that time my cas was still on process. I didn\'t informed my current employer about the case that I was involved. Because it is not necessary to let them about it. Around Sep 99, my employer start my GC, Labor (RIR) got approved around June 2000. Before June 2000 my case for Deportation got finalized (March, 24 2000). I took VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE, and got out of this country, went to Canada March 29 2000. Because I already had H-1, I applied H-1 Visa in Toronto and got the stamp. Came back to US with H-1 status Apr\' 05 2000. I came here in US in Student status in Dec 94. As for my voluntary departure condition, I have to leave the US within three month from the a date of hearing, which I did that going to Canada. Not only that I went back home as well around June and got back after July 2000, which is leaving before three months and returning back here after three months. Because INS want be to leave here before June 24, 2000. After I got back from home, my Labor got approved around Aug. 2000 and applyied for I-140 and also got approved by Oct\' 2000. And last process I-485 was filed on Oct\'2000 as well. Currently, my case got transferred to Local INS office in NYC (Dec 2001). Upto now i didn\'t mentioned my employer about what was happened to me before. Is it because I had previous record on INS so that my case got transferred. My previous lawyer says, when u take VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE, and left here in time, I am clean. It should not give any problem at all. I don\'t know what to say. I just did what he wanted me to do. But for my GC, it is going via from my employer, they go through some firm. Am I not be able to get the GC anyway. I am really nervous of what to do. Every month a lawyer from the firm visit our office and we can go discuss with them. Should i go and talk about all these things now or just keep quite until they asked me. My previous lawyer told me not to mentioned anything to my employer so i didn\'t mentioned. I am really nervous of what to do. I know my case is really interesting, but what to do its all about luck and time I went through. please help me! Is there any problem not getting GC? Any info. will be really appreciated.

How much wait outside - to go inside

Hello RRSUNNY12,

How much is wait outside federal bldg..
I am planning to go tomorrow - (friday).. around 10:30

let me know.
which is the best time if you know.

regards
ntl

973 area code is in New Jersy. How can they give you a 973 number and saying the file was transfered

Interview at Garden City

An interview has been scheduled.
at Garden City in first week of march
Quesition is they asking all those things again which have already been submitted with them.
Do i have to collect those documents AGAIN ??? or no ????
People who had been interviewed or will be interviewed.
Can you please share your experience and either mail a message
or email me at j_ali26@hotmail.com
thanks

No Title

I\'m going to the interview on Feb. 27th at Garden City. What kind of documents they ask you to bring? Thanks in advance.

sampson wu

What are the documents they have asked?

Hello,

Can you tell what documents they have asked?

ntl

Are you sure?

Hello Jtalluri,

You said Oct 16, 2000 are you sure? I think you meant Oct16, 2001.

Thanks

You might be fine

Hi barboy,
I think you should be ok if you were not fingerprinted while being arrested. It looks like that they reach conclusion whether you have had \'good conduct\' through fingerprinting. Many cases are transferred to NYC for job verifications, you might be one of these. If I were you, I wouldn\'t mention the past.

any info.?

It is hard to find anbody whose case was transferred to NY and willing to communicate her/his experience.