New York City DO timelines, please add yours!

NikaDV2007

Registered Users (C)
Greetings to all greater New York City residents! :) Let's share timelines, experiences, and just any info you think might be useful for others.

Here is my timeline:

District Office(DO): New York City
I-485 marriage based sent to Chicago on 09/20/2006
Notice Date(ND) for I-485, I-765, I-130: 09/28/2006
Biometrics notice date(FP): 10/03/2006
FP done on 10/16/2006
Waiting.... :rolleyes:

New Yorkers unite! :D Please post your timelines and let's keep this thread going!
Cheers and happy holidays to everybody here!

Blagodaryu, sarrebal! Wanted to ask your opinion by the way. Do you have any ideas/guesses why USCIS web site for New York city processing dates shows that they are working now on I-485 cases with notice dates up to December 2005 and at the same time few people here including yourself have already green cards with ND of much later dates?

NikaDV2007 said:
Blagodaryu, sarrebal! Wanted to ask your opinion by the way. Do you have any ideas/guesses why USCIS web site for New York city processing dates shows that they are working now on I-485 cases with notice dates up to December 2005 and at the same time few people here including yourself have already green cards with ND of much later dates?

Privet Nika,
I think that the dates are not so reliable.
My opinion is that they refer to the huge backlog that used to be in the NYC DO.
Since they opened Garden City sub-office, AOS became extremely fast. 4 months for me, but a colleague of mine got his GC in 3.
My opinion is that if you file now, chances are that you get your GC in 3-4 months, given that everything goes smooth.

Hi everyone here s mine. i overnighted my AOS package to Chicago sept 11, 2006 by UPS. my notice date for I-485, I-130, 1-765 was sept 18,2006.

I find that lately the USCIS is going very fast for cases in nyc cause i received my notice for biometrics appointment code 3 at Varick street, Manhattan 2 days later :eek: (09/20/2006) and completed my biometrics on the 10/02/06

Since 10/02/06 fg i ve been waiting so it s been 2 months and no RFE, NO EAD and no interview. all my LUDs say the same thing case received and pending. We will notify in writing when we make a decision or need something from you. Your case is at our Missouri service center

my LUDs:

I-130: 9/23
I-485:9/23,10/03
I-765:9/23,10/03, 12/01, 12/05

all the luds say :"Current Status: Case received and pending.

On September 18, 2006, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

i m waiting and i will keep you all posted if i hear or receive anything ;)

Hey guys i just received an email from CRIS it says:

The last processing action taken on your case

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 6, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

So i m getting my EAD yoopi!!! so it took 2 months from the fingerprinting (10/02) :p :) ;) at least i can work while waiting for what happen next i m check if they updated the LUD s as well for I-130 and I-485. I ll keep you guys posted!

Check timeline below. Gotta say, I'm really impressed by USCIS's level of professionalism and efficiency so far. Knock on wood. Best of luck to all!

Guys, thanks to everybody for posting their timeline! And to sarrebal for answering the question.
Looks like USCIS was especially productive for New York cases on December 6th. Congratulations to Kitoko with EAD approval, Heretic-with AP and paymalar-with welcome notice!!

Thanks Nika! i just received the I-765 approval by mail today 12/11! :D i was approved on the 12/08 and on the LUD they said to count one month to receive it but today when i opened the mail my EAD card was there too :D at least i can now work! i will go do my SS tomorrow. but be careful at first i thought the mail was junk cause it just had a PO BOX Number and Missouri on it no immigration written on it but felt like it contained a card lol

So now i m just awaiting on the I-485 no lud on it, no interview set

Interview letter!

Hi, all! Just recieved my interview letter for January 24th, 2007!
So excited!!! My online status never showed anything so it's definetely not reliable.
NO EAD yet :(

I-485 Intervirew Conducted 8/10/06 - Recieved NO STAMP, only (I-485 pending was written in the passport.) (Garden City)

The officer said she was going to "recommend" approval of the I-485. The USICS website says the case has been received and is still pending.

NO CORRESPONDENCE OF ANY KIND SINCE THE INTERVIEW ON 8/10/06

The only quirk I can think of in our case is that my wife overstayed her student VISA and was out of status for over a year when we filed. Would this be an issue for delay?

Any help or info here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, MiCatNYC! Sorry to hear about the delay with your case. I would say that visa overstay most likely would not be a reason for the delay in case of a marriage to US citizen. There were many posts here on this board and other ones written by people who were out of status and who were able to adjust their status through marriage to US citizen without any delays, or delays will take place for different reason. So I don't see why your wife's case would be treated differently.
Also, after reading many recent posts here I've noticed that many marriage based cases (especially those that are up for the interview within a year, and that is a recent tendency in New York) have delays caused mostly due to one problem-background check is not complete.I can not say that is the reason why YOUR case is delayed, but would not exclude this as the possibility.
What I think you should do is schedule the infopass as soon as possible and find out if USCIS has a reason for such a delay...or may be somebody just put your file in a wrong pile :rolleyes: Oh, and this post might be helpful if the reason is a backgound check.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=217882

Good luck!

In respond to NikaDV2007, I would say the same for Newark DO too, as I've joined the bandwagon since September, 2006. :(

EAD card recieved!

December 19th-Recieved 3 identical emails from USCIS that the current status of I-765: card production ordered.
December 22nd-Recieved again 3 identical emails from USCIS that the current status of I-765:approval notice sent.
December 26th: Recieved actual card on the mail!

NikaDV2007 said:
Hi, MiCatNYC! Sorry to hear about the delay with your case. I would say that visa overstay most likely would not be a reason for the delay in case of a marriage to US citizen. There were many posts here on this board and other ones written by people who were out of status and who were able to adjust their status through marriage to US citizen without any delays, or delays will take place for different reason. So I don't see why your wife's case would be treated differently.
Also, after reading many recent posts here I've noticed that many marriage based cases (especially those that are up for the interview within a year, and that is a recent tendency in New York) have delays caused mostly due to one problem-background check is not complete.I can not say that is the reason why YOUR case is delayed, but would not exclude this as the possibility.
What I think you should do is schedule the infopass as soon as possible and find out if USCIS has a reason for such a delay...or may be somebody just put your file in a wrong pile :rolleyes: Oh, and this post might be helpful if the reason is a backgound check.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=217882

Good luck!

Thanks for the help and advice, most appreciated. I've got an infopass this morning and I'll see if that yields any info.