New York Asylum Office Interview Waiting Time pre-Jan29 2018

TeddyOmir

Hi everyone,

I filed my case in early November 2017 and did my biometircs in March 2018 in NY office on the cause of LGBT. Since the interview schedule was changed to LIFO system, I am wondering if anyone filed their case right before the change got their interviews already? I moved once in August 2018 and filed change of address to the asylum office but had no reply from them. I am worried that if they have received it.

Also, my mom is getting really sick and I wants to go back to visit in the Summer or fall 2019(She is in a different country than my country of origin(gay marriage is also not allowed there, so I wont be returning to my home country..) The chance of me coming back is higher if I pass the interview(I know it is not guaranteed i will pass the interview or I will get the result soon but I am desperate here....)

I can't find any possible information about the wait time for pre-Jan 29 2018 interview scheduling in NY... If anyone has any information or filed around the same time, it would be a great help...

I don't want to come to the point that i have to choose between visiting my mom or leaving my husband for a long time or permanently..
please help....

I don't know about the wait times, but what I know is that the asylum process is super long. I suggest you make all your arrangement with that in mind. Going away before your asylum application process is complete is always not advised. Remember that when you start this asylum process, you give up certain rights, at least temporarily....rights like freedom of movement. Good luck.

For the address change, they usually don’t answer, I didn’t receive reply from them , but the mail afterwards came to my new address .
For the interview, no one knows, ask your lawyer if there is chance to expedite your husband interview if you have an urgent matter like Health problem .the waiting time was already long , on the LGBT you would wait at least 2.5 year . I think now your chance to get interview is better because they almost finished the applications of 2018 . Good luck

For the address change, they usually don’t answer, I didn’t receive reply from them , but the mail afterwards came to my new address .
For the interview, no one knows, ask your lawyer if there is chance to expedite your husband interview if you have an urgent matter like Health problem .the waiting time was already long , on the LGBT you would wait at least 2.5 year . I think now your chance to get interview is better because they almost finished the applications of 2018 . Good luck
Thank you for the information. I read USCIS work load report from October and saw that new applications have significantly declined in comparison to prior year same period. So I am hoping that they would have started reviewing 2017 cases.
I don't have the health problem. My mom got really sick and that's why I am so worried about her. The worst thing is that I can't do anything to help her suffer less, which is killing me... The price we pay and I am not sure if it's worth it...

I don't know about the wait times, but what I know is that the asylum process is super long. I suggest you make all your arrangement with that in mind. Going away before your asylum application process is complete is always not advised. Remember that when you start this asylum process, you give up certain rights, at least temporarily....rights like freedom of movement. Good luck.
thank you..

Hi everyone,

I filed my case in early November 2017 and did my biometircs in March 2018 in NY office on the cause of LGBT. Since the interview schedule was changed to LIFO system, I am wondering if anyone filed their case right before the change got their interviews already? I moved once in August 2018 and filed change of address to the asylum office but had no reply from them. I am worried that if they have received it.

Also, my mom is getting really sick and I wants to go back to visit in the Summer or fall 2019(She is in a different country than my country of origin(gay marriage is also not allowed there, so I wont be returning to my home country..) The chance of me coming back is higher if I pass the interview(I know it is not guaranteed i will pass the interview or I will get the result soon but I am desperate here....)

I can't find any possible information about the wait time for pre-Jan 29 2018 interview scheduling in NY... If anyone has any information or filed around the same time, it would be a great help...

I don't want to come to the point that i have to choose between visiting my mom or leaving my husband for a long time or permanently..
please help....

Sorry for my bad English, I also applied in NY. I applied for asylum in August 2017. A few months ago I sent a letter to my office requesting priority, because my family is still in my country and receiving threats because of me. In less than 20 days I received 2 letters of immigration, one saying that they would give me the priority, and the other already with the schedule date of my interview. I did the interview if I'm not mistaken on September 17th, and now I'm waiting for the final decision on my case. I will leave below the link for you to find the address of your asylum office:

https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/asy

Thank you for your information! I hope you will get a positive decision soon and bring your family over. My parent are not in danger back there but it's just me and my husband cannot travel back to our home country. I think I will wait after new year holiday season and email or walk in to inquiry about our case..
And again, thank you and good luck! also happy holiday.[/QUOTE]