New york ASO tracker for spouse of GC holder

philaug28

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys since i`m in this category i would like to dedicate this tread to all the spouse of GC holder awaiting for they adjustment of status interview after having had a visa number available to them and filed a i-485 or i-485a application . Please share some experience In the NYC , how long it took you after the filing of the adjustment application to receive an appoitment for interview ... ? please keep this tread alive by giving some personal advice and experience these days ?

thanks,

My only advice to you would be dont file from new york if possible.I dont want to dissappoint you but just be prepared to have a whole lot of patience while dealing with the INS in NY. In my case I am married to a US citizen and here are my dates
I-485 applied 12/01
I-485 interview 12/03
Pending and waiting for approval till date.
Several written inquiries and visits to the local INS but to no avail.I have approached senators, congressman but all you get is a standard reply due to the backlog that the INS is facing do not expect a reply for at least 12 weeks.
I hope this gives you an idea of what to expect.Maybe you could get lucky with a faster processing date..
All the best.

My aplication would be sent to chicago ...

I`m from NY but the aplication would be sent to the chicago box . Do you know anything about that one ? Did you filed yours in NY ?

thank you

I believe that your appointement is soon

What i can see is that they would probably call you soon . I`m in the category 2A and since i`m qualified to adjust status in the united states i think the process would be different because i wait more then 4 years before the i-130 APPROVAL . I filed the I-485 after my priority date became current with the 245(i) benefits since i`ve been in the country before december 21 2000 and had that petition filed before april 30th 2001 . I would aprieciate any one with the same situation as me to post some experience about their adjustment of status with the provision of the 245(i) .

best regards