New Year's gift is coming ...

Fuji

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I got 6 approval emails for 3 approvals just few minutes ago. I'm so happy now. I know that mine maybe the oldest case here, but after 34-month waiting, finally we got there.

Here is the detail:
Came to USA in 1996, started GC process in 2000. RIR labor got approved in 3 months. I-140 took about 13 months. I-485 took 34 months!!!!

Have done 3 FPs. The first one was one month after 485 RD. The last one was Aug 2004.

Sent several inquiries to CIS after TSC current processing time passed my RD, the answer was "your case is pending".

Asked for help from Senator to inquiriy my case and got a little bit more information, but not help much. It says "backgound check is not completed ...", I believe that it means "Name Check".

Sent expedite process fax to CIS, got denied. Sent again few days ago because I work for Non-profit goverment agency.

Inquiried FBI about name check, then results was sent to CIS on 11/18/2004!!! (I think that this is the reason of the late approval of I485!!!)

Last update date online was 12/1/2004.

Suddenly 11 am today, get approval emails, online status changed accordingly.

Used EADs after H1 expired, didn't extend H1, save some $ :)

I've been in this forum for more than two-and-half years. Read and posted a lot of messages. Thank you all members here!

Wish everyone get your approval soon.

I'll visit the forum in future.

Keep your faith on GOD, HE will take care of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats FujiS. Well deserverd approval. Can u tell us when did u send a email to FBI for name check status and when did they respond to your email. Congrats once again.

Cheers

Tanjar

Name Check

Sent inquiry on Oct, got response from FBI on 11/19/2004, saying that the result was sent back to CIS on 11/18/2004. I surely believe that my inquiry trigged the late name check done.

good luck and Happy New Year!

Another happy guy ...

Hi, Guys: I have just got my I-485 approval this morning as well. I also got 2 messages for each approval. My wife's is approved, but I can't inquire my son's case, presumably that they are working on it right now. I am so happy. RD 9/3/2002. Best wishes for everyone who is waiting.

Congrats! What a gift!

Have you done a FBI name check by email or fax? What was USCIS online the msg prior to approval text? Was that the result of FP have been received? I noticed that your ast FP was 08/04.

by email.

Inquiry name check by email.
the previous online status was "on 12/1/2004, we respond your enquiry about your case, we'll mail you ...".

FujiS

I am really glad to see your approvals.

Congratulations to you and your family.

Enjoy your freedom and new PR status. It's a fantastic gift for New Year.

CHEERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs...................

congratulation! fujis family!!

as i know that you are the oldest waiter so far, you should check Genesis Records, you may be the new world record holder : i-485 waiting ... :D

what a new year gifts :rolleyes:

good luck to your new life in the states :D

Congratulations Fujis!! Your approval was very well deserved.. Enjoy your Green card. I am very happy for you and your family!!

Hope we get ours approved soon. 33rd Month and Counting.. MY name check is pending. I have sent several enquiries to FBI but never received a reply...

ND: 04/2002
1st FP: 04/2003
2nd FP: 08/2004

AD : God only knows

Thank you everybody!

Thank you everybody for your kindly words!

I think that the FBI's name check makes the difference on timely I485 approval.

I suggest that anyone who has the delayed I485 to inquery the results of FBI name check, which can trigger the process done.

Good luck!

Details

I did not know I had to check my name check with FBI or anything else. There was no updated messages between my 2nd FP and approval email message. I think one just has to be patient until their own turn...

Congratulations!!! I was taking the holiday leave so missed your big news. Please accept my late congratulations. This is a wonderful to start the new year! All the best!