New Visa Bulletin -- Very Disappointing

indoamerican said:
hello there,

the visa bulletin indicate e1, e2 and so on not eb1, eb2 and eb3
E1 category is treaty visa

Eb1 is employment based

thanks

at the same time e3 is U(navailable) for ALL as currently is EB3. So, I assume E3=EB3...

the official visa bulleting is not out yet on the travel.state.gov, but it could be there next week. I hope that was a mistake, but it looks like it's not unfortunatelly...

GCG said:
at the same time e3 is U(navailable) for ALL as currently is EB3. So, I assume E3=EB3...

the official visa bulleting is not out yet on the travel.state.gov, but it could be there next week. I hope that was a mistake, but it looks like it's not unfortunatelly...

Check this Article from www.Immigration-law.com

Click on "Breaking News" and Browse to 08/17/2005. I hope this should give u guys some comfort.This article makes sense.

If some one is following Immigration laws from Late 1990s will immly tell the posting in this thread makes no sense.

08/17/2005: October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation and USCIS Preparation for Adjudication of EB-3 485 Applications

Early next month, September, DOS will release the October 2005 Visa Bulletin and people will see the impact of new fiscal year visa number allocation on EB-3 visa number availability. As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish. Report indicates that the Service Centers have been continuously processing EB-485 cases even though their visa numbers are currently unavailable and they cannot decide the cases. They are getting ready for October 1, 2005! No wonder why the EB-3 I-485 applicants have been receiving biometic appointment letters en masse lately. This is certainly not a bad news at all.
Here are a few pointers which may help the people who have been anxiously waiting for the EB-3 visa numbers becoming available for them:
First, when you receive the biometric scheduling, you should never reschedule it as it can cause a delay in processing your EB-3 I-485 applications. For Indians and Chinese, you may learn that such rescheduling will turn out be one of the most serious mistakes you would ever have made in the immigration journey.
Second, when RFE is received for either I-140 or EB-3 I-485 applications, you should send in responses as promptly as possible so that your cases will get ready for adjudication when the EB-3 visa numbers will become availabe on October 1 and thereafter.
Third, you should not do anything that can trigger transfer of EB-3 I-485 applications to the local district offices for interview or issuance of RFE. Once the cases are transferred to the local offices, the cases are subject to the local offices processing queue and decisions can be delayed substantially. Same will be true with the RFE. Those who have changed employers using AC 21 180-rule may want to assess the advantages and disadvantages of proactively reporting their employment changes with the help of their legal counsels.
Fourth, you should not do anything that will either cause a delay in completion of the name checks or trigger trasfer of the case to local district offices for clarification of issues that surfaced through the name checks for fact findings through the interviews. Minor violations of criminal law or local ordinance that require fingerprinting may trigger transfer of the cases to local offices, no matter whether it involves a deportable offense or not. Exit from the U.S. may also be reported by BCP inspectors through the database and the surrendered I-94 documents, which can cause some delays in adjudications, even though in most cases international travelling should not and have not affected adjudication of I-485 applications.
If you have any violation of status in whatever forms after filing I-485 applications, your contact with the agencies through extension or change of nonimmigrant status should be minimized as their findings of violation of nonimmigrant status post-filing of I-485 will seriously affect your eligibility for adjustment of status.

If you look at the website there are two links, one to the visa interview dates and one for the visa priority dates. The visa interview section leads us to the Oct. bulletin, probably limited to the us consulate, manila. The other link takes us to the visa bulletin, which is still Sept.

tammy2 said:
Those are dates for schedling interviews for the month of October. They are not priority dates. They have to set the interviews in advance for that take possible wrost dates.
Hate to burst your bubble but as one pursuing Consular Processing, I have found that the consulates usually have the dates almost 4-5 days before the visa bulletin is out. I have e-mails in the past couple of months before unavailability which show that. And the "cut-off dates" are same whether it is 485 or CP.
The mumbai consulate has also put up dates for all categories except Employment and Family based.
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/qfnsTxeS2oWqCTGQwkx1zw/apptoct.pdf
Also note that the date on this is 9/1 as compared to the Manila one of 9/9.

Did you know Mr Oh, the website given by you also gives GC, visa numbers ;-)

why look at 8/17/05, we can alwyas look to somehting even older and console ourselves, no doubt some people live in past rather than current :D
485at85 said:
Check this Article from www.Immigration-law.com

Click on "Breaking News" and Browse to 08/17/2005. I hope this should give u guys some comfort.This article makes sense.

If some one is following Immigration laws from Late 1990s will immly tell the posting in this thread makes no sense.

08/17/2005: October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation and USCIS Preparation for Adjudication of EB-3 485 Applications

Early next month, September, DOS will release the October 2005 Visa Bulletin and people will see the impact of new fiscal year visa number allocation on EB-3 visa number availability. As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish. Report indicates that the Service Centers have been continuously processing EB-485 cases even though their visa numbers are currently unavailable and they cannot decide the cases. They are getting ready for October 1, 2005! No wonder why the EB-3 I-485 applicants have been receiving biometic appointment letters en masse lately. This is certainly not a bad news at all.
Here are a few pointers which may help the people who have been anxiously waiting for the EB-3 visa numbers becoming available for them:
First, when you receive the biometric scheduling, you should never reschedule it as it can cause a delay in processing your EB-3 I-485 applications. For Indians and Chinese, you may learn that such rescheduling will turn out be one of the most serious mistakes you would ever have made in the immigration journey.
Second, when RFE is received for either I-140 or EB-3 I-485 applications, you should send in responses as promptly as possible so that your cases will get ready for adjudication when the EB-3 visa numbers will become availabe on October 1 and thereafter.
Third, you should not do anything that can trigger transfer of EB-3 I-485 applications to the local district offices for interview or issuance of RFE. Once the cases are transferred to the local offices, the cases are subject to the local offices processing queue and decisions can be delayed substantially. Same will be true with the RFE. Those who have changed employers using AC 21 180-rule may want to assess the advantages and disadvantages of proactively reporting their employment changes with the help of their legal counsels.
Fourth, you should not do anything that will either cause a delay in completion of the name checks or trigger trasfer of the case to local district offices for clarification of issues that surfaced through the name checks for fact findings through the interviews. Minor violations of criminal law or local ordinance that require fingerprinting may trigger transfer of the cases to local offices, no matter whether it involves a deportable offense or not. Exit from the U.S. may also be reported by BCP inspectors through the database and the surrendered I-94 documents, which can cause some delays in adjudications, even though in most cases international travelling should not and have not affected adjudication of I-485 applications.
If you have any violation of status in whatever forms after filing I-485 applications, your contact with the agencies through extension or change of nonimmigrant status should be minimized as their findings of violation of nonimmigrant status post-filing of I-485 will seriously affect your eligibility for adjustment of status.

Last edited by a moderator:
gcva said:
I wish it is crap.I've gone through manila website.

"http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/" Click on "Immigrant Visa Information" under "Consular & Visa Services" Menu.

On left side submenu under "Applying For An Immigrant Visa", click on
"VIsa Interview Appointments" which takes you to the link originally posted.
Somehow this link doesn't work on Internet Explorer.I used Mozilla Firefox to open that page.It clearly says "Visa Cutout dates for October 2005". They even gave the dates for September 2005 which you can compare.

This website was updated on September 9th.

Hi All Gurus
I found the link which actually takes you to Manila Web site. No need to go through Netscape/Mozilla/..... It works through IE
Click this link

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwhmain.html

Then click Consular and Visa Services. A drop down will appear, select Immigrant Visa Priority Dates
The moment you click it, it will take you to
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Click the Current Bulletin which will show you September 2005 Visa Bulletin still
:) :) :) :)

If the website is genuine one, why is it not accepting IE as browser? :p :p

chandrajp said:
Hi All Gurus
I found the link which actually takes you to Manila Web site. No need to go through Netscape/Mozilla/..... It works through IE
Click this link

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwhmain.html

Then click Consular and Visa Services. A drop down will appear, select Immigrant Visa Priority Dates
The moment you click it, it will take you to
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Click the Current Bulletin which will show you September 2005 Visa Bulletin still
:) :) :) :)

If the website is genuine one, why is it not accepting IE as browser? :p :p

The website and the page are definetly genuine and no doubt in that. The data could be invalid and we will know vey soon what the cutoff dates are going to be.

Coming to IE, IE is not a safe browser and can screw you some times. Follow this and see how IE is not safe and try the same in Firefox.

We do copy various data by ctrl+c for pasting
elsewhere. This copied
data is stored in clipboard and is accessible from the
net by a
combination of java-scripts and ASP.

Just try this:
1) Copy any text by ctrl+c
2) Click the Link:
http://www.friendlycanadian.com/applications/clipboard.htm

3) You will see the text you copied on the Screen
which was accessed by this web page.

Do not keep sensitive data (like passwords, creditcard numbers, PIN etc.) in the clipboard while surfing the web. It is extremely easy to extract the text stored in the clipboard to steal your sensitive information.

Definitely Manila Bulletin(through browser other than IE) is wrong

kmnalluri said:
The website and the page are definetly genuine and no doubt in that. The data could be invalid and we will know vey soon what the cutoff dates are going to be.

Coming to IE, IE is not a safe browser and can screw you some times. Follow this and see how IE is not safe and try the same in Firefox.

We do copy various data by ctrl+c for pasting
elsewhere. This copied
data is stored in clipboard and is accessible from the
net by a
combination of java-scripts and ASP.

Just try this:
1) Copy any text by ctrl+c
2) Click the Link:
http://www.friendlycanadian.com/applications/clipboard.htm

3) You will see the text you copied on the Screen
which was accessed by this web page.

Do not keep sensitive data (like passwords, creditcard numbers, PIN etc.) in the clipboard while surfing the web. It is extremely easy to extract the text stored in the clipboard to steal your sensitive information.

My friend did search for most other country visa bulletins for about 2 hours. He found that all the other country visa bulletins, through which there are more immigrants to US, are directing state dept visa bulletin which shows the Sept 2005 as the current visa bulletin

Lets try not to panic ...

Guys and Gals,

Panic is not good for anyone. The worst thing we can do in a highly stressful situation is panic. It will make our lives even harder. At this point no one is really sure if the dates on this link are indeed valid and we will only know for sure in a few days. Lets wait till then and see what our fate is.

The truth is that we are at the mercy of some very incompetent agencies and we have to be ready for any eventuality. Unfortunately, this comes as part and parcel of being an immigrant in any country. No matter how bad things might be in most of our countries there is atleast no doubt in most of ours minds that we will never be asked to pack up our bags, sell our houses and get lost. We have chosen this life style and its time to face it now.

If these dates are true then the picture in the near term looks pretty bleak for Indians in particular but lets try and hold of on our worries as much as we can till the official bulletin is released.

I know its easier said then done. I have been screwed over by the TSC at every step of this process and now I might be facing the prospect of EB3 visa numbers almost disappearing. Having said that, worrying and fretting about this unconfirmed news is not going to help us in any way. If the news is bad we will all share information, talk to lawyers and try to get through this tough time together. There is something called fate and I think we will have to rely on it in the near future.

In the big picture when thousands are dieing in floods, rains and hurricanes, the visa numbers not being to our liking is a rather small inconvenience to our lives. If we stick together we will get through this in one piece.

regards,

saras

My bet is that those numbers are not true

Just think for a moment. How come that it's SOOOO far away from the Dept. of State predictions published in the LAST MONTH Visa Bulletin?

p235 said:
I think they are talking about E1,E2,E3 in this bulletin, where as, GC categories are EB1,EB2,EB3.

I think, this link should clear out confusion about E3.

http://murthy.com/news/n_regaus.html

Please find below the information in the manila site regarding the Vis Types. The link for this content: http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3203.html
Just incase if you have browser problem go to Manila US embassy site and Navigate thru menus Consular & Visa Services, What are the Immigrant Visa Categories.

U.S. law limits the annual number of visas issued for the family-preference (F) and employment-based (E) categories. Beneficiaries of approved petitions who fall under these visa categories are not eligible to apply for immigrant visas until visa numbers become available for the applicable visa category. This numerical restriction may result in long waiting periods for applicants in the F and E visa categories when categories become oversubscribed, that is, when the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of visas available for the year. In some cases, several years could pass after a petition is approved before a visa number becomes available for a qualified applicant. The wait is longer in countries where there is a high demand for immigrant visas such as the Philippines. U.S. immigration law also allocates the number of immigrant visas by country.

GCVA, How did you come to know that Manila webpage?

GCVA,

I find that you are the first person on this site to post that Manila link. Would you please advise us how you came to know that link?

Thanks!

GCVA also if you are from Manilla and know the webmaster at the US embassy

who bungled this up deliberately, then be prepared to be banned from the forum... :D
pennoyervneff said:
GCVA,

I find that you are the first person on this site to post that Manila link. Would you please advise us how you came to know that link?

Thanks!

pennoyervneff said:
GCVA,

Thanks!

I saw this posting first under Consular Visas session
(http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1244951#post1244951)
posted by "ma_ny" who seems to be EB3/Sch A from Philiphines and looking for visa appointments in US Embassy/Manila website. Later, I browsed the site for confirmation and posted here.

Dangerous gcva!!! :D

No - do not worry - these dates are not correct. No need to calculate any number - just relax!

For the time being check:Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin (Contact friends in VSC 140 - some of them know Jassi now ;) ).