New US Passport - how fast?

Radni

Registered Users (C)
I like to know how one can get new US Passport in fastest way( even if it means extra fees etc) after getting the naturalisation certificate at the oath ceremony? Which process one can follow to get it fast? Someone said, he had gone to "passport office" to indicate his immediate travel needs and he was given passport by hand delivery on same day or next day! So what is this "passport office" ? Can some one throw more light?
What would be relevent links?

Pl see the link for passport details.
http://www.state.gov/travel/
You can apply for the passport on the same day. Some passport agencies are open after the regular hours.
There is one option to get the passport quickly. Pl see the FAQ at the same link. If you indicate that you have travel plans (I am not sure you need to show some proof) you can get that the passport in 2 -3 days. Pl don't forget to add extra fee for overnight delivery.

Radni said:
I like to know how one can get new US Passport in fastest way( even if it means extra fees etc) after getting the naturalisation certificate at the oath ceremony? Which process one can follow to get it fast? Someone said, he had gone to "passport office" to indicate his immediate travel needs and he was given passport by hand delivery on same day or next day! So what is this "passport office" ? Can some one throw more light?
What would be relevent links?

You can get the passport same day if you show that you are travelling within 2 weeks and apply in person in one of the regional passport offices (not the passport accepting agency such as post office). As you are in Cinci, the nearest regional passport office would be Chicago. If you take this route, you have to make an appointment through automated system. See link below for the list of agency

http://travel.state.gov/agencies_list.html

I did expedited processing and paid for next day mail. I applied on Friday and got passport next Thursday. It went through New Orleans Passport Agency (which I think services ohio region)

Sundar

Sundar_vaidya and chankya101,
Thanks a lot for our precise and valuable info.
I intend to go to one of the Passport Agencies who will give passprt on the sameday as I have plans to travel in 7 days from application.
1. I am in Ohio and this area is servred by New Orleans Passport Agency.
But it is more convenient for me to go to NY or Chicago passport agncy.
You think any one of these offices will accept my application? OR will they ask me to go to New Orleans Office? I tried to call chicago office to find out but there is only recorded/automated answering, hence cannot get info.
2. Does this PA give passport by hand delivery on the same day or they send only by overnight courier?
3. For geting passport on same day, is it done only in case on a death or funeral situation? or it may be done also in case of travel plan in 7 days?

If you have any ideas on these , pl share the same.

Last edited by a moderator: