New Update from my lawyer for FP check

George2000

Just called my lawyer regarding my I-485 (WAC-02-043-5xxxx)status, she told me FBI check based on the FP will take minimum 6 months, most of cases' delay are due to this.
So my guess is:
The approval time is not majorly depended on the case assignment(INS side), but FBI check clearance(FBI side). Is this correct?!:confused:

George

How about process resumed AVM?

Hi,
What's that mean from AVM "received
FP results and process resumed...."

That is after FBI checks? or before FBI checks?

ususaaa

Thats BS

IMHO y'r lawyer was just bullshitting. there is no 6 month FBI checks I heard of. There is an IBIS check once the case is assigned to an officer and when you go for 551 stamping.

Immigration lawyers, huh.... In fact, in a typical immigration law office, most of the work is done by paralegals. Once, again, don't trust every thing they say to you. I have told you thing several times. Only third class lawyers (mostly) go into immigration practice.

FBI FP check is fairly quick (even now a days). It hardly takes a week or two (atleast no way 6 months).

Fingerprint checks by FBI or any state should not take more than 2 weeks for whatever reason. The checking process only takes a few hours.

George

George, you can call up FBI to check up on the status of ur FP within a couple of days of ur FP...as is already said in above comments, FBI does it in a day or two - worst case scenario...

The other check - IBIS - done by INS - also takes only about an hour or so, as far as I heard...

I think your lawyer doesnt know what he/she is saying or you misunderstood...

Whats the FBI number?

Can anyone tell me what the FBI information line number is?

Then I can also call and check the status of my finger prints with them.

My FP was done on 04/19/02
My RD is 01/25/02

I have received my AP and EAD two months back. But when I call up the INS office. The AVM still says 975-999 days. I called up IIO about more than a month back and officer said that they have still not received my finger print results from the FBI.

I don't know whom to believe. Maybe my fingerprints have not yet been sent to FBI. Or the results have not been updated on my file or AVM.

Number not in service.

Thanks grassisgreen. But the number you mentioned above says "This number is not in service, check your number again."

If this is an old number, do you have a new one?

Checked with FBI.

Thanks grassisgreen once again. This time the number was good enough.

I called up FBI information line and they told me that I had done my FP on 04/19, which was correct, and they had received teh FP data on 04/20 and the results which were good, were passed to INS on 04/21.

So, can anyone suggest what should be done next?
Should the lawyers do an enquiry on my 485 case status?

Any suggestions?

If your rd is behind the JIT date and one month has passed since that happened your lawyer may initiate a fax inquiry...

JIT date?

Ok, I am not sure what this JIT date is. Is it the max time frame that is allowed by the INS to process the 485 application? If that is the case, then I guess not. As on my AVM it says 975-999 days. And my RD is 01/25.

JIT

JIT-Just In Time report is published by INS which has notice dates of applications that it is processing currently. They used to release JIT dataes once a month now I read on this forum that they are doing it bi-monthly.

So if your notice date is before the JIT date (for 485) and it has been so for over a month your lawyer may initiate a fax response..

Always consult an attorney. Don't do anything solely based on what you read here.

Thanks for your response.

Hey, NV2001 thanks for your input.

My RD is 01/02 and the JIT report (which you say is bi-monthly is correct) says I-485 "ready to adjucate" date to be 09/01. So I guess, I'll have to wait for a couple of months more before I can ask my lawyers to make a fax enquiry on my case.

Any other suggestions are welcome.