New Transit Visa Requirements?

sriram1975

Registered Users (C)
I was talking with someone from makemytrip.com and they are saying that transit visa is required for all European destinations except Amsterdam if you are Indian Citizen. My case is I'm on H1 7th year and dont have stamping on passport. I have my AP and EAD papers.
The guy at makemytrip is telling that rules have changed in the last two weeks! Is it true?

Dont know about last two weeks, buts its true that many european stopover require you to have an Airport Transit Visa even if your plane is stoppong over for refuelling, as in the case of Air India Via London and Paris.

There are a few Exceptions though.

- If you have a current Non-Expired US Visa stamped on our passport then you dont need the transit Visa.
- If you are a GC holder then also you dont need a Transit Visa.

Note if you have a current unexpired EAD and Advance Parole you will still have to get a transit Visa, unless offcourse you have a current H1 or any other US Visa stamped on the passport.

I definately know that London and Paris are enforcing this. Heard that frankfurt is still a free port, but I am not sure.

neocor

THanks Neocor.
In my case my visa on passport has expired even though I have my 7th year H1, AP and EAD.
Frankfurt requires a transit visa too if the visa on passport has expired. I found out Amsterdam (KLM) and Dubai (Emirates) are my options from the East Coast. I think Malaysian and Singapore Air might be options for ppl on the West Coast.