• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New to this Thread

Abutay

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone, i am new to this thread and have been following it for sometime now and wish to express my sincere appreciation to all those who have been contributing fervently.

First and foremost, my husband is a lucky winner for the 2010 dv lottery. We received the 2nl yesterday and realised that our son, whom we had 2 weeks after posting the 1nl was not included as a beneficiary eventhough we forwarded the necessary information to KCC and even received a confirmation that it would be added to our case. I would like to know from anyone:

1. Can we take the necessary documents to the embassy on the day of the interview and explain it to the CO?
2. During the interview, when one is asked to sign the signature, do u sign ur signature or write ur full name. I am asking this b'cos nervouseness could cause your signature to change and can't it affect you?
3. Our son is only 9months old. Would he be required to do the madicals and do we need his passport to start with medicals?

thank you.

2010AF00031xxx
1nl recieved in May, 2009
received confirmation after 3days
started police report on 26/2/2010
2nl recieved 3/3/2010
to pick up police report on 16/3/2010
yet to start medicals

yes you do need to add your child to your (husbands) case otherwise the child has no visa number, thus possibly no visa.
Do not risk that. I would call the Embassy and just explain that you have send the info, got the confirmation and see that his info is not on there.

They are always nice and mistakes happen to the best and so they will look into it and reply to you what to do.

Children do need a passport for medicals (as well as the visa interview so you need it asap) so also make sure when you take the passport pictures you make also 4 or 6 american size ones so you are done with that for a while (we needed 2 for medical and 2 for interview and so we have 2 more for things in the US).
The medical is different for your child, as it won't be X-rayed and no blood test either. The exam is very simple and if your child has no diseases nothing to worry about (I have 3 small kids being examined by a very nice doctor, remember they do this frequently).

If you need more info, let me know. It will be all right!!

Thanks a lot Jaja5 though one of my questions were left unanswered. Do we need to sign the signature we signed on the form or we have to write our names in full?

Hi Abutay,

When asked to sign, sign as you did in your applications and passport. If it varies a little then no problem as far as you are the one who signed it at all times.

agree sign as you did before and same as in passport, you sign in front of them so they had your fingerprints taken and then you sign or the other way around and you take an oath so either way, some nervousness is no problem (I am the same and signed also for the kids which all are different anyway, even without being nervous).

Don't worry you will be fine, make sure to bring the papers the way they ask you, copy all of them and bring passports and enough US passport photos
The better you are prepared and organized, the better the interview goes as its much about paperwork anyway.

Enjoy (you can!!)