New to forum - Need advise. Thanks

rollstream

Registered Users (C)
I am very new to the forum and just completed my FP. Need advise/answers to couple of questions I have.

N-400 mailed - Oct 31,2005
PD - Nov 2,2005 (got a Receipt w/suspense asking for additional $70 to the $330 already send)
Additional $70 send - Nov 6,2005
FP Notice recieved - Nov 15,2005
FP Completed - Dec 16,2005
Called FBI - Dec 21,2005 (confirmed that they recieved on 16th and returned to USCIS on same day)

Questions.
1) How long should I wait before I take an info pass to check the status?
2) I have a few traffic tickets, no arrests, but did not realize and so did not indicate on the N-400. So should I tell the interviewer about it without asking? Should I get Court recoreds and take it along anyway for interview?

Thanks in advance for your time and generosity. Seasons Greetings & Happy New Year.

rollstream said:
Questions.
1) How long should I wait before I take an info pass to check the status?

Schedule an Infopass appt. at least a month out. It seems like it takes at least 4-6 weeks for the service center to schedule an interview after FP.

2) I have a few traffic tickets, no arrests, but did not realize and so did not indicate on the N-400. So should I tell the interviewer about it without asking? Should I get Court recoreds and take it along anyway for interview?

Get the court records indicating the disposition of the tickets and take them to the interview. At the interview, tell the adjudicating officer that you did not know that you needed to include that information with your N-400 application. The officer may or may not care, and may or may not add it to your file. If these traffic tickets are not for things like DUI/DWI, they will have no effect on the adjudication of your application.

rollstream said:
N-400 mailed - Oct 31,2005
PD - Nov 2,2005 (got a Receipt w/suspense asking for additional $70 to the $330 already send)
Additional $70 send - Nov 6,2005
FP Notice recieved - Nov 15,2005
FP Completed - Dec 16,2005
And I thought USCIS moves like a turtle...
They can be very fast when it's about their fees...

Anahit said:
And I thought USCIS moves like a turtle...
They can be very fast when it's about their fees...

Yes;
-you pay $330 for N-400, they send you PD letter for $330.
-you pay another $70 for FP...they take your FP...
....some of us have to pay thousands more (lawyer, court, fees, etc.) to actually get the Naturalization Certificate :eek:

rollstream said:
Thank you and what is the process for getting Court records? I am in Fairfax County.

You need to contact the courts that handled the tickets. If you don't know which court but you *do* remember which police dept, then you could call them and ask which court hears their traffic tickets.

Once you identify the court then call them (Look for the phone number for Clerk of the Court) and explain that you need a certified/notarized copy of the court record that indicates the charge and that case is paid and closed. Ask them if you should send a request in writing or in person, or if there is a fee. Make sure that the copy you get is certified with a court stamp, because the N400 specifically requests certified copies.

For example, I had one ticket through the local city court and the records are all computerised. Even though the ticket was in '99 they were able to print it out and ceritfy it with the embossed stamp at the clerk's counter when I went there in person. There was a nominal fee, like $1.50 or something.

The other US court I went to was a smaller location that still had paper records. They needed a couple of days to local the file and photocopy it, but then were able to certify the photocopy. No fee, but I would have avoided a second trip to the clerk of the court if I had called ahead and had them pull the record before I went in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
vulpasin said:
Yes;
-you pay $330 for N-400, they send you PD letter for $330.
-you pay another $70 for FP...they take your FP...
....some of us have to pay thousands more (lawyer, court, fees, etc.) to actually get the Naturalization Certificate :eek:
you damn right vulpasin;
I just received my attorney fee bill.
He is charged me $1250 just to show up in the interview, and i thought, ok that's rediculusly expensive but i thought it is necessarily, now, in the bill, he is saying another $160 as "fees incurred while traveling to Memphis,TN"
What the hell is all that crap?!! and I don't even have the citizenship!

This whole system is missed up, i wanted to say a big word, but .....it's ok!

Merry Christmas! :)

Sony

District office

I have no idea about my DO. How does one find that? I send N-400 to Vermont, live in Fairfax, did my FP at INS Alexandria.