New TN under Systems Analyst - from previous TN - Management Consultant

rubiks2000

I am a TN Visa holder under the Management Consultant category.

I recently was offered a position of Systems Analyst in the same company.

I have an MBA degree and necessary industry experience. However I do not have a formal degree in Computer Science.

Can I get a new TN Visa under the Systems Analyst category without any issues (i.e. will my prior TN under Mgmt Consultant for the same company pose any issues with the immigration officers?) Also, will they scruntinize my MBA degree and look for a degree in computer science?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

BZuccaro,
Thanks for your reply and info.

Few follow up questions:

If my mgmt consultant duties were involved in a different area of the department from what the new systems analyst role would be in - would that make a difference?

Also, I have taken various computer courses during my business school courses. Would that help?

Finally, I have worked at an IT Consulting firm for 7 years - could I use that experience as proof that I have the necessary skills?

Thanks again for your advice.

rubiks200,
Although your arguments would make sense to a logical person, you have to remember that you're dealing with a CBP officer, who needs to obide by "the law", which by the way, is not always logical.
Bzuccaro is right in stating that you may have a lot of difficulty convincing the officer. Make sure you're wearing your "thick skin" when you hear the officer's response.

Need help!!!

Hi Brian and Rubiks2000,

I have an urgent question:

I have MBA and Engineering and Project management degrees. I possess PMP (Project management Professional) Certificate and passed CFA III(final
level) this year. I have over 10 years diversified professional experience in finance, business consulting and project managment fields.

I just got an offer in business finance area. The employer can give me any job title as I required. Could you please give me some advice that which job title matches my qualification for TN visa?

After my studying, it seems my TN visa shall be under Management Consultant category. If so, would you please advise me: How to draft the offer letter for TN-1 Nonimmigrant Visa Application (i.e. How to address company short-term management problems on my offer letter)? Can you give me same samples?

Your quick response would be highly appreciated, thank you for your kind help!

Best regards,

Helen