New TN @ Laredo, TX port of entry

CDN9

Does anyone got TN at Laredo Port of Entry? I did bit research and looks like we can enter through the Laredo Outlet Mall and cross into Mexico (walk way) and then reenter US to submit the TN application. Few others mentioned, we have to cross the bridge on vehicle and then take a U turn, enter US side and then we can apply TN.

Appreciate if anyone have any experience getting TN at this border. I have a new job and trying to go there next week to get the TN

thanks

Just wanted to share my experience of getting a new TN1 at the Laredo POE, TX.

Drove from TX, entered Mexico using the International Trade Bridge at Laredo- just took a U turn and returned to CBP US side. After the U turn, there are 3 lanes to pay the toll before entering US CBP - two lanes for Cash and one for SENTRI Passholders. Unless you have a SENTRI pass, do not take SENTRI lane, once we enter this lane, there is no way to get back to the Cash Lanes, there is a 1.5 KM turnaround we have to do to reenter the Cash Lanes.

CBP officers at Mexican border have limited amount of knowledge on Canadian TNs as they are very familiar with Mexican TNs. So, there is lot of discussion among officers to figure out what the Canadian TN and we can get it without any consular visa etc., Some officers suggested to apply within the US with USCIS, then they contacted few other colleagues and finally figured out that with support letter and paperwork they can issue the TN for Canadians at the US/Mex border POEs also.

Once we are in the CBP building, it just took 15 minutes to issue the TN for me and TD for our daughter. We went on the weekend, so, we went early to make sure we avoid rush hours.

Overall good experience.