New Timeline thread for San Antonio & Austin area

Thank you TSCwaiterdude.

My wife went back to San Antonio office and asked them about the wrong receipt that they gave her. She met the same IO who took her interview. The IO said that "that receipt is irrelevant, your file in on its way. Don't worry, I must have given you the receipt of the previous person who she interviewed." Then she scratched the alien number on the receipt that she had given to my wife and wrote my wife's alien number and took a photo copy of it for herself.

That's all, so that receipt is of no use after all.

TSCwaiterdude do you know when should we expect the Oath letter? We gave our interview on July 18th. IO said not before Sept. Any idea? Is there a possibility of having the Oath in Austin?'

Hey All!

I went for my interview yesterday and everything went well, except for my splitting migraine. The interviewing officer was Dao Mitchell. He was a nice person, and completed all the formalities in 30 mins. Questions were from the book they gave after finger-printing. My interview was at 1:40 pm. I went there at 1, but was called only at 2:30 pm. The officer said that they have oaths every last thurs of the month in san antonio. He was not sure about Austin. Hey ppjain, I think I saw your wife at the infopass when I was waiting for my interview. Anyways, so that's all for now. I guess we should expect to be called for the Sep oaths. Let's see. All the best to the others.

~ ar1

Thank you TSCwaiterdude.

My wife went back to San Antonio office and asked them about the wrong receipt that they gave her. She met the same IO who took her interview. The IO said that "that receipt is irrelevant, your file in on its way. Don't worry, I must have given you the receipt of the previous person who she interviewed." Then she scratched the alien number on the receipt that she had given to my wife and wrote my wife's alien number and took a photo copy of it for herself.

That's all, so that receipt is of no use after all.

TSCwaiterdude do you know when should we expect the Oath letter? We gave our interview on July 18th. IO said not before Sept. Any idea? Is there a possibility of having the Oath in Austin?'

I think most of the poeple get there oath letters within 60 days of there interview.Of course, there are exceptions and I am one of them.
Can you folks add your time lines to your signature so that it is easy for others to track the process.

Any further news regarding San Antonio area

Guys:

my timeline is:
ND:-05/08/2007
FP:-06/13/2007
IL:- ???
IV:-???

Anyone has any idea on the delays in this area? I was under the impression that the process was completing within 3 months at the San Antonio office. Any advice on the next steps? Should FOIPA or INFOPASS be a good option at this time or I should just wait for next 30-60 days?

Still Waiting for Interview Letter

Hi there,
I did my fingerprinting on 6/15/2007 and by looking at the posts I think on an average it takes 6 - 7 weeks before getting interview letter.
My issue is that I still hevent got my interview letter. Is San Antonio service center slowed down?
I was under the impression that the whole process now a days takes less then 5 - 6 months.
Is there any thing I can do other then just wait?

Thanks,
Dipal.
Application Mailed in Date - 05/09/2007
Check was cashed - 05/11/2007
Receipt Date - 05/23/2007
Finger Print Date - 06/15/2007
Interview Date - ??
Oath Date - ??

Infopass appointment at San Antonio

Folks,
I had an infopass appoinment yesterday .I wanted to check on my case status.
The officer told me that I am Scheduled for 24th Sept Oath at Austin.
Letters will be out in last week of Aug or first week of Sept.

Austin/San Antonio: Any AC21 Green Card holders?

Hi folks,

I was just wondering if anyone in the Austin/ San Antonio area got their Green Cards using AC21?

Anyone who's done the interview in San Antonio, who was asked anything about AC21 or about switching employers due to a layoff before their GC was approved?

In my case, I utilized AC21, having worked for my sponsoring employer for about 7 months and 20 days after applying for my I485 (I was laid off due to business conditions then) and I got my GC exactly 23 days after being laid off. I started working for my new employer about 3 months later (Same job description, but in a different state).

It would help to know if the Immigration Officers are aware of AC21 or not and how to answer any questions that can possibly arise.

Thanks.

Folks,
I had an infopass appoinment yesterday .I wanted to check on my case status.
The officer told me that I am Scheduled for 24th Sept Oath at Austin.
Letters will be out in last week of Aug or first week of Sept.

That's great news! Congrats on your wife's approval!

Interview letter

Hi there,
Updating my status on this thread. My interview is on 9/7/07. Can some one point me to the list of document to collect for interview?

Thanks,
Application Mailed in Date - 05/09/2007
Check was cashed - 05/11/2007
Receipt Date - 05/23/2007
Finger Print Date - 06/15/2007
Interview Date - 09/07/2007
Oath Date - ??

Hi All!
I got my oath ceremony letter today. It's at the DELCO Center in Austin on 24th Sep, like TSCwaiterdude mentioned. Here is my timeline...

* Application Receipt Date - 03/29/07
* Finger Printing completed - 05/02/07
* Interview date - 07/24/07
* Oath Ceremony - 09/24/07

Congrats!!

Hi All!
I got my oath ceremony letter today. It's at the DELCO Center in Austin on 24th Sep, like TSCwaiterdude mentioned. Here is my timeline...

* Application Receipt Date - 03/29/07
* Finger Printing completed - 05/02/07
* Interview date - 07/24/07
* Oath Ceremony - 09/24/07

Congrats and good luck !!!

Received Oath Letter for 24th Sept in Austin

We finally received our oath letter yesterday. The oath in on 24th Sept in Austin. Thank god its not in San Antonio!

Priority Date: 27th March
Fingerprinting Date: 1st May
Interview Date: 18th July
Oath Date: 24th Sept

See you guys there.

Looks like San Antonio office is processing N400 reasonably "at pace":
According to the July 16th Processing Dates:
N400s were being processed with a Receipt Date of December 12, 2006.
According to the latest August 16th Processing Dates:
N400s are being processed with a Receipt Date of January 12, 2007.
(i.e. the backlog remains at 216 days)

Here's the latest posting by USCIS:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=68

Thank God the huge influx of recent N400 applications hasn't affected the backlog (yet!).

I have made a tracker for the San Antonio, TX field office, for those who are interested in viewing progress. The first column indicates the Processing Dates and the 2nd column indicates the "Mail checking dates" at the Receiving frontlog of USCIS.

I'm guessing that since the lag for Processing > the lag for the frontlog office, the total lag should just be the Processing lag (The frontlog lag gets "absorbed")

Here are the tracking URLs, which will automatically update with every USCIS update, when I update my own spreadsheet:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pRl9wp3OMjb_ZDOibG5c-Hw&output=html
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pRl9wp3OMjb_ZDOibG5c-Hw&output=xls

Latest USCIS N400 Processing date implications.

Looks like San Antonio office is processing N400 reasonably "at pace":
According to the July 16th Processing Dates:
N400s were being processed with a Receipt Date of December 12, 2006.
According to the latest August 16th Processing Dates:
N400s are being processed with a Receipt Date of January 12, 2007.
(i.e. the backlog remains at 216 days)

Here's the latest posting by USCIS:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=68

Thank God the huge influx of recent N400 applications hasn't affected the backlog (yet!).

I wonder if these dates are accurate or they mean anything. For most of the country's Field Offices, they seem to be processing for a Receipt Date of January 12, 2007.
There are some exceptions: San Jose, CA for example is processing for a Receipt Date of December 07, 2006. I wonder if thats just a mistake.

Does the uniform processing date of January 12, 2007 for most Field Offices imply a "centralized N400" processing system of uniform load distribution? I wonder...

my timeline

PD: Dec. 19
FP: Jan. 10
IV: June 14
OD: July 19
PP: Aug. 31 (It took two weeks for processing)