New thread to track NE transfers

Seems that NSC just started looking at those cases which got transferred on 2/14. It took them more than 2 months to do so. So it's gonna be a while before the 3/2 transferred cases get touched.

As I said weeks ago, case transfer only makes case processing slower. Yes, the processing at CSC might be faster because they have only about 30% cases as before. But that means 70% increase at NSC (or 70% slower, if not much more given that NSC asses are lazier).

Just curious, why do you feel it just started looking at those transferred on 2/14. Did you see any posting regarding that? Please let me know
thanks
Ela
Seems that NSC just started looking at those cases which got transferred on 2/14. It took them more than 2 months to do so. So it's gonna be a while before the 3/2 transferred cases get touched.

i got transferred on 3/2 and got the FP notice 3 weeks ago.

Now it's clear. The 20-30% pending cases left at CSC are "interview waiverable family-based cases" such as parents/son of USC. They are just sitting there waiting for PD to come. All the rest have been transferred to NSC.

I still don't understand why NSC is so slow to pick up the cases, it literally took them more than 2 months before starting touching any of the transferred cases. After all, they don't need to handle any of the H-1 applications.

As I said weeks ago, case transfer only makes case processing slower. Yes, the processing at CSC might be faster because they have only about 30% cases as before. But that means 70% increase at NSC (or 70% slower, if not much more given that NSC asses are lazier).

Srika65: Please advise

Srika65:
I've received similar RFE as yours for
1. Birth Certificate and
2. Clarification for 'other names used' as the name of my wife before marriage was different than after after marriage.
==
Can you please tell how you replied to these RFE.
==
My Birth certificate was recently registered, so i've taken two affidavit's from father and aunt. Will that be sufficient?
==
For clarification on name: I just stated to my attorney that it was the name before marriage. This may need further explanation. Can you please suggest me what can be done to further clarify this?
==
Thanks in advance.

Endless_Wait
EB2 PD OCT-03
485 ND 2-NOV-04

My attorney received the notice for RFE on the following:

1. Birth Certificate ( self and spouse )
2. Education Board Certificate ( self and spouse )
3. Clarification for initial used in Marriage Certificate ( spouse)

1. As we not have birth certificate from corporation / municipal / panchayat authorities, we have provided a notarized affidavit given by parents of self and spouse. But CIS is asking the birth certificates from the government authorities. It is difficult to provide such documents to CIS, and again my attorney is going to provide the same affidavit with some explanation to them.

In order to provide them at the worst case, I can file a petition in the court of law at my town in India, get the direction from court to the Talk office to issue the birth certificate based on my school record. This will take 4 or 5 weeks to get it from India.

2. As of I know, there is no “Education Board Certificate” available in University of Madras / Anna University. All I have the degrees and diploma warded by the respective universities, and I have provided them when CIS issued an RFE before they approve my I-140. Is it not sufficient for them? Is it something unusual to ask for such certificate during I-1485 process?

3. We just left blank under the ‘other names used” in G365 ( Bio-graphic information) for my spouse. We have provided the marriage certificate, translated in English and notarized by a Notary Public ( Lawyer) in India. Normally we use Initial and name in India, and the same way we used in the marriage certificate. After marriage she is carrying my first name as her last name. Now CIS is asking for clarification on her initial in the marriage certificate, and asking explanation for not mentioning this in G365 form when we filed this for I-485. I have explained this to my attorney to make a draft to explain to CIS to send it to use for signature.

The last date to send reply to CIS for RFE is Jun 29. Any suggestions are welcome to explain them. Thanks.

Anybody?

Anybody got any comments on my questions?

Srika65:
I've received similar RFE as yours for
1. Birth Certificate and
2. Clarification for 'other names used' as the name of my wife before marriage was different than after after marriage.
==
Can you please tell how you replied to these RFE.
==
My Birth certificate was recently registered, so i've taken two affidavit's from father and aunt. Will that be sufficient?
==
For clarification on name: I just stated to my attorney that it was the name before marriage. This may need further explanation. Can you please suggest me what can be done to further clarify this?
==
Thanks in advance.

Endless_Wait
EB2 PD OCT-03
485 ND 2-NOV-04

My lawyer claims that my case came back to CSC..
Now it's clear. The 20-30% pending cases left at CSC are "interview waiverable family-based cases" such as parents/son of USC. They are just sitting there waiting for PD to come. All the rest have been transferred to NSC.

I still don't understand why NSC is so slow to pick up the cases, it literally took them more than 2 months before starting touching any of the transferred cases. After all, they don't need to handle any of the H-1 applications.

So I called NSC after a lot of heart pounding, got through to an agent who was at least polite while talking.

I told her my PD and App number and asked her if she could tell me if my case got assigned to an officer and how what is that status of my case as far as approval since my PD is now current. Her response:

Your case is in the area that assigns the case to an officer. It will take a "few weeks" for it to be assigned to an officer. And then it will take a "few weeks" for the officer to do a final review and approve the case.

I asked her if she could elaborate on the time line and she said that it might take 8-10 weeks.

PD August 2001
CSC>NSC
485 RD 12/04

Yesterday I called NSC and spoke to a lady. She told my case is with a officer for review. So when I asked again how long it will take? She told it will take quite a few weeks.

Not so hopeful now.

sd70

------------
PD DEC 2001
I485 RD SEP 2004
3rd FP on May 2007

Yesterday I called NSC and spoke to a lady. She told my case is with a officer for review. So when I asked again how long it will take? She told it will take quite a few weeks.

Not so hopeful now.

sd70

------------
PD DEC 2001, EB3
I485 RD SEP 2004
3rd FP on May 2007

Not so hopeful now.

sd70

------------
PD DEC 2001, EB3
I485 RD SEP 2004
3rd FP on May 2007

Could you share how you called NSC? Did you just call the National Customer Service Number or is there a different number for NSC? Thanks.

My I-485 Approved Today (CSC->NSC Transfer)

I also posted this as its own thread in the 485 Issues in NSC section, pasted here too.

Details below, I'm sorry but I never kept track of the LUD's and didn't personally check on my Namecheck status at any point, no RFE either. But this data may be of interest to some, especially those who were transfered from CSC->NSC like me. Have hope your day will come.

EB2-RoW/RIR/Non-Concurrent/CSC
LC PD 7/2002 AD 5/2005 (BEC)
I-140 RD 9/2005 AD 4/2006
I-485 RD 6/2006
CSC->NSC TRNSF 3/2/2007
FP (Code 3) 5/5/2007
AD 6/6/2007

I went to infopass and confirmed that my namecheck was cleared. But the person behind the counter said that the Nebraska office is very busy and my case would take another 4-6 months!!! I first knew my namecheck was cleared in Feb and did my second FP in April. If she is correct, this means it would take them almost one year after you clear your namecheck before adjudication!!

I thought the whole point of mass transferring cases to NSC was to take some load off CSC...to achieve a balance between underloaded NSC and overloaded CSC..
so what's next, another mass transfer from NSC to CSC/TSC:cool: ?

I went to infopass and confirmed that my namecheck was cleared. But the person behind the counter said that the Nebraska office is very busy and my case would take another 4-6 months!!! I first knew my namecheck was cleared in Feb and did my second FP in April. If she is correct, this means it would take them almost one year after you clear your namecheck before adjudication!!

I would take the comments from Infopass with a pinch of salt. They give generic replies. I don't think there replies are based on anything..
I would use the forum to predict the timeline better by following some case which is similar to yours.

I would take the comments from Infopass with a pinch of salt. They give generic replies. I don't think there replies are based on anything..
I would use the forum to predict the timeline better by following some case which is similar to yours.

Yeah that was what I was trying to do but ended up getting depressed and disappointed. Based on the forum info, I expected to hear good news within 4-6 weeks after my name check is cleared. But lucky me got transferred and there you go again -- endless wait!!:(