New System I-551 Not Stamped In Passport

angelic

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I'm getting panicky. I have tickets to travel to India on 17th June and have my final interview with local office on 5th June. If they take away my AP and don't stamp my passport with I-551 and if the cards don't come in 2 weeks time frame then what do I do ? Should I tell the officer about my travel plans and have them stamp I-551 ? or should I hold one copy of AP with me ?
I'm confused. Please help with your advice.

angelic said:
Hi Guys,
I'm getting panicky. I have tickets to travel to India on 17th June and have my final interview with local office on 5th June.
If they take away my AP and don't stamp my passport with I-551 and if the cards don't come in 2 weeks time frame then what do I do ?
----------Change the plan
Should I tell the officer about my travel plans and have them stamp I-551 ?
------------ inform the officer after the Interview, if get the PP stamp then go on 17 or change plan
or should I hold one copy of AP with me ?
------ if you got approved on 5h june then AP is invalid. officer may ask for I-94 and AP if approved
----- no body knows if they will send your cards in 10-15 days. once your I-485 is approved then the local office will send your form where you will sign to the service center and then service center will send it to card production unit and then card is sent.
** I will not expect the card before 17th.

You are entitled to get I-551 stamp on your passports

angelic said:
Hi Guys,
I'm getting panicky. I have tickets to travel to India on 17th June and have my final interview with local office on 5th June. If they take away my AP and don't stamp my passport with I-551 and if the cards don't come in 2 weeks time frame then what do I do ? Should I tell the officer about my travel plans and have them stamp I-551 ? or should I hold one copy of AP with me ?

Once you get approved, and have an approval letter/VISA # you can get infopass & go to the local USCIS office and get your passport stamped (My wife & I did the same)

good luck