New Security Checks

"The truth is that some computer enhancements are
needed in order to implement the new procedures.
Specifically, it is necessary to obtain a definitive FBI
response when there has been an indication that a record
may exist, based upon an IBIS name check."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't understand above. Typically after I-485 is filled, INS issues notice to get fingerprinted and prints are sent to FBI, FBI then search their file and send information to INS. Every applicant had to have this before his or her case could be approved. So what the heck they are talking about ? So what is this new procedure they are talking about ?

My on line status shows that fingerprints results have been recieved and processing is resumed. Does that mean that INS have already got what they need from FBI ?

Disparate Systems

They want to make sure that the two dozen systems that they have whch dont talk to each other do not have any informaion on you.

Also, since your FP came back they want to make sure if you do not have a fresh record.

THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT TILL THE VERY LAST SECOND I.E. BEFORE STAMPING OUR PASSPORTS THERE IS NO CRIMINAL OR OTHER ADVERSE RECORD.

Exactly even response to an RFE has to go through these checks. That's the reason for the delay. First there are millions of cases. Second there are thousands of RFE replies and then there another thousands of EAD cards and other silly status changes.

So INS not only triples but makes it work load increase 4-5 times due to this and then add to the fact that they don't have systems that communicate with each other. Its a recipe for disaster. And WE are the guinea pigs.

A thought....

Hi All,

I was just wondering if the "new security checks" will be creating delays for only those people who are in the final stages of AOS.

If INS/FBI has mandated new checks, don't you think that people who apply for AOS after this decree will tend to benefit since these checks will be done as part of their normal application process rather than part of the huge backlog that is awaiting final AOS approval?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.