New Secretary of Homeland Security orders an immigration review

rick92

Volunteer Moderator
Release Date: January 21, 2009

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary

On her first official day as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Janet Napolitano issued five Action Directives, all centered on one of the primary missions of DHS: Protection. In the coming days, Secretary Napolitano will issue other action directives focused on other missions critical to the department: Preparedness, Response, Recovery and Immigration.

The reason why the USCIS web site processing dates got updated is because the new secretary of homeland security Janet Napolitano requested a review and an update on the whole immigration issue.

And that's the reason it was updated Jan 23rd 2009, 02 days later after she was confirmed by the US Senate.
What a pity. To think that we look like we are begging. This is incredible. What a shame.-

I think that if we all send letters to Secretary Napolitano and the White House, we can really get something done here. These guys in the new administration are looking for people to fire and we have got to give it to them, by explaining each one of us with our story how these people treat others.- For example, take the example of COLORFULMIKE, from interview to oath letter - 3 months and from oath letter to oath date - 2 months.

Come on guys and gals- this is not the America that everyone dreams about.- That better dream has to be designed, shaped, worked, and made. It is not going to happen by itself if we don't say anything about it.

The USCIS is an example of the type of agency that should be privatized.

In my case, from interview till today 4 months --- nothing. No oath letter, no oath date.
called and spoke to the IO yesterday and was told the supervisor approved it the day before (thursday 22nd). Why did it take so long. Normal excuse - lots of application.

I think that if we all send letters to Secretary Napolitano and the White House, we can really get something done here. These guys in the new administration are looking for people to fire and we have got to give it to them, by explaining each one of us with our story how these people treat others.- For example, take the example of COLORFULMIKE, from interview to oath letter - 3 months and from oath letter to oath date - 2 months.

Come on guys and gals- this is not the America that everyone dreams about.- That better dream has to be designed, shaped, worked, and made. It is not going to happen by itself if we don't say anything about it.

The USCIS is an example of the type of agency that should be privatized.

In my case, from interview till today 4 months --- nothing. No oath letter, no oath date.
called and spoke to the IO yesterday and was told the supervisor approved it the day before (thursday 22nd). Why did it take so long. Normal excuse - lots of application.

Where were you interviewed at, and was there any issue/complication in your case?

Release Date: January 21, 2009

In the coming days, Secretary Napolitano will issue other action directives focused on other missions critical to the department: Preparedness, Response, Recovery and Immigration.

The reason why the USCIS web site processing dates got updated is because the new secretary of homeland security Janet Napolitano requested a review and an update on the whole immigration issue.

Well, the news you posted clearly says that she hasn't requested a review yet. She will, however, issue a directive 'in the coming days.' I don't know if that got them to move or not, but I sure hope it did.

Interview June 2008, namecheck so no final answer.
Infopass in Oct 2008, "Sir, your name check was completed in September, your case is pending final approval, you should hear somethign in 30-60 days". That was clearly BS
no answer so did another Infopass 62 days later, "It is still under review".
It has been 8 months, will do another Infopass in Feb 2009 & then probably file a case. I really feel for Bobsmyth though......
these people (USCIS) are friendly, but not very helpfull, or maybe it is the stupid system.....

Interview June 2008, namecheck so no final answer.
Infopass in Oct 2008, "Sir, your name check was completed in September, your case is pending final approval, you should hear somethign in 30-60 days". That was clearly BS
no answer so did another Infopass 62 days later, "It is still under review".
It has been 8 months, will do another Infopass in Feb 2009 & then probably file a case. I really feel for Bobsmyth though......
these people (USCIS) are friendly, but not very helpfull, or maybe it is the stupid system.....

I'm just curious, how could they interview you while your name check was still pending?

I'm in the same boat. Interview wad done October 3, 2008 (almost 114 days)and no Oath Letter or Date so far.