New Revalidation Times at St. Louis (Jan 02, 2002 onwards)

Bala

I sent my passport to St.louis on Dec 4th and I got it back with stamping on Feb 5th. Iam very fortunate to get it in such a short time

Tracking application in St Louis and Washington DC

How can one track an application sent to St Louis for revalidation.

Thanks Much

Anyone sent without Prepaid envelope ?

I sent mine on Oct 30 and forgot to include the return envelope. And DOS says that they stamped it on Jan 14th and was later sent. I have checked with lawyers, Post office with no luck. Any similar cases ? Any idea where they will mail the passport ? an how long it may take.

Passport Decontamination(urgent)

hi

My passport is also in the Anthrax affected list. When we called the state department they are telling to apply for a new passport which had not been mentioned in the letter sent from the state department. Does any one know what to do?. Should we wait for some more time or apply for a new passport, what about I797 and I94?.

Thanx

Fedex ???

How can one track the passport using Fedex/UPS.

Can somebody explain the options one need to choose to get back
 passport using Fedex.

Any details are appreciated.

Thanks,

jc

Has anybody called visa office recently

My pp was received at st louis on Dec 11 2001 and I had requested for withdrawal on Jan 21st 2002 so far I have not received the PP.
tried calling from yesterday to visa office at DC but getting busy tone once it say\'s transfering my call to an officer.

Revalidation Time in St. Louis

Sent the application on Dec 18, 2001. Got my Passport with the new Visa stamped inside it on Feb 15, 2002 - so approx 2 months of processing time

Good luck to you all,
SK

montreal consulate issued H1B visa for 14 months only??

I went to montreal in 1999 sept for H1B multiple visa (converting from F1 to H1B). The I-797 approval was for 3 years(until 2002 june). But the consular gave visa until 2001 january. What should I do now?? Can ask them for remaining time (until 2002 june??) or go to montreal again for H1B visa with the new employer?? Which is the best way? Thanks in advance.

DOS lost 300 passports

As everyone is aware of- Department of State lost about 300 passports, though they don\'t claim they lost them for sure, they just say " passports are inaccessible, and time unknown if they will ever be returned", we had two passports in those ill fated 300 passports, my wife\'s and mine. Calling DOS is a huge pain in the neck.. finally I was able to get hold of them, they said they would send a letter stating the whereabouts of our passport, so we can take the letter to the Indian embassy to get new passports. DOS is not going to stamp on the new passports since it wouldn\'t have the previous visa stamp.. (they strictly follow the rules.. huh.. but they don\'t give a damn about the passports), anyways I got a letter from DOS, addressed to me, saying they don\'t have access to my passport, but again they prove their inefficiency by not sending a letter to my wife, and when I called them again they claim my wife\'s name was not there in the list of ill fated passports (then where did it go????????) I insisted on checking the list again as I knew her name was there, the "OFFICER" kept me on hold for exactly 20 minutes just to give the same answer, then I asked her to check the status of my wife\'s passport, again she kept me on hold for about 15 minutes and she said she doesn\'t find my wife\'s name no where... (am I screwed big time.. I wish I were in the twin towers on Sep, 11th :-( a couple of weeks ago, I called Indian embassy at NY to see if our names were in the list that was sent by DOS whose passports are "INACCESSIBLE" so they can apply for new passports, Indian embassy said my wife\'s name was there) I mentioned that to the "OFFICER", then she said she took my word and she was going to send a letter for my wife, I hope and pray she will.

Assuming my wife gets the letter, our next step will be to go to NY to get the passports, here are a few questions for the immigration gurus, that I will be very grateful to, if they could make some time to answer.

1) Can we go to Canada for the visa stamping? What happens if they don\'t give the visa once we\'re in Canada? are we gonna be stuck in Canada? (I am sacred to go to India and try to get the visa stamp at Chennai.. man! they will screw you.)
2) Will we have any trouble at the airport if we were to go out of the country as our passports don\'t have visa stamp? (DOS says we shouldn\'t have any trouble.. but I can\'t rely on them)
3) My wife has a copy of I797 of my previous company and I have a copy of I797 from my present company, will it be an issue? (I guess I am not so dumb, for some reason I didn\'t send our I-94s when I sent the passports for visa revalidation)?

I will appreciate if any one can answer these questions...

Peace

Send 12/15/2001 - received 02/22/2002 - without Visa stamped - text underlined on the requirements

Hi,
I\'ve got my passport back without visa. This text "The letter submitted must be on the letterhead of the current employer,
with an original signature from the company representative and must be addressed to the Visa Office, Department of State. " is underlined. I guess that letter from my current employer is not good enough. Can somebody with a stamped visa send me example how this letter should look like? My address is darp@usa.net
Thanks in advance,
Darin

Returning I94 while leaving US

Ray,

Yes As you mentioned I will be issued new I94 when re-enter. I am suppose to return I94 when I am leaving US now. As I don\'t have my I94 with me now, Can I give a copy of I94 when I am leaving? I am not sure, what you did. I am planning to travel in April.

It depends on your travel plans

Suka,
      I talked to DOS visa officers many times regarding this. Finally I came to conclusion that I should re-apply. The first reason is I have to travel. Second reason is that, they are also mentioning that they may receive or they will never receive it. It\'s already SIX Months. They don\'t know where they are. so, you decide..It\'s depends on your travel plans also..

Same problem..

I am also sailing on the same boat. I got my passport from NY consulate. I guess you can get stamped from Canada/Mexico. I am planning to travel India anyway, so I will get it stamped there. According to DOS, US Consulate should accept copy of I797 in this case. so carry a letter received from DOS.

Leaving the country is not a problem as you have ur I94. In my case i don\'t have original I94 also. I would suggest, you call canada consulate and talk to them, before you go. It should not be a problem.. Please check.

Got approved

Mailed: 01/04/2002 (Fedex)
Received at St.Louis: 01/07/2002
Got back with approval on: 03/13/2002 (Fedex)

Hope the data helps people who are waiting. Thanks to everyone.